Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

Re: Welcome Kamdyn McIntosh at pick 31

given what FJ said, I'm putting him in the Grigg mould. outside mid (only 2cm taller than Grigg) who will run run run !!!

at the combine he placed 4th in the 3k, 3rd in the beep and equal 7th in the kicking test.

One concern is the go home factor with all the talk about how close he is with the Family!

Is he rated as a courageous ? That is willing to put his head over the ball, back with the flight etc ?

Having only played for the last four years, the scope for improvement is huge.

But he will be a slow burn. Don't expect much in 2013. Could look very average at times early.

Kamdyn is my favorite pick of the draft. Has so many AFL level attributes. Played out of position at CHB at the champs, but he got plenty of the ball off a flank when playing seniors in the WAFL on a bad team.

I know there is some debate about his kicking motion, but I really like his kicking from what I've seen. It's always a good sign if they do the kick out duties for their team, and Kamdyn has from what I can gather.

Freezer said:
Ever see R.Harvey or J.Hird kick on their left? I know I didn't. Dual sidedness is overrated - if you're good enough.

Yes sure for elite football brains such as Harvey and Hird, you can afford other weaknesses, but for most players being confident on both feet is essential.

bowden4president said:
One concern is the go home factor with all the talk about how close he is with the Family!
All those siblings could be a good reason to stay away!

bowden4president said:
given what FJ said, I'm putting him in the Grigg mould. outside mid (only 2cm taller than Grigg) who will run run run !!!

at the combine he placed 4th in the 3k, 3rd in the beep and equal 7th in the kicking test.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play. I think he will be a real good find. As for the go home factor he appears to be really focused on whatever he does. And FJ would have done a lot of work on his background so this is good enough for me.

Anyone else see a bit of Nat Fyfe in Mcintosh's highlight tapes??

Check out the Cairns Roar Vision video of Kamdyn - he had a male introduce himself to Kamdyn and Kamdyn asked him how he was involved with the club...the male replied "I'm a player".

The player being Chris Knights! :hihi

SkillzThatKillz said:
Check out the Cairns Roar Vision video of Kamdyn - he had a male introduce himself to Kamdyn and Kamdyn asked him how he was involved with the club...the male replied "I'm a player".

The saddest thing about that is Knights is absolutely huge, by the look of him he's either a bouncer or a professional athlete

SkillzThatKillz said:

That is funny. If I was him I would have learn what all the players looked like on the RFC website.

I'd be in the same boat as Kamdyn. Knights' profile on the RFC site says "no player image available".

SkillzThatKillz said:

There's a story of Gary Ablett not knowing a new team mate in the rooms before a game.

There's a story of Gary Ablett not knowing a new team mate in the rooms before a game

Yep, Gary was a different cat ;D

There was also the story of the doorman asking Weightman to leave the players warmup area before a game early in his career cause he thought Weightman was just some kid who wasn't supposed to be there.

Streak said:
There was also the story of the doorman asking Weightman to leave the players warmup area before a game early in his career cause he thought Weightman was just some kid who wasn't supposed to be there.
That's a beauty - hope it's true

I can't recall the exact details but there is an evidently true story of Merv Keane not knowing any of his team mates and training nearly a whole session with melbourne before the mistake was realised.