Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

He gets a run in here every week... so a as a media personality, that would surely tick any kpi

Reactions: 1 user
Why would you want a persona of a knob? Is it that old adage about the only thing worse than people talking badly about you is them not talking at all about you (or however it went)

because it gets him regular airtime and makes him money. Personally I wouldn't do it, but it works.

So i bought Kane’s book from an op shop for $3 (overpriced) and yes I know I can’t stand him but I thought I’d read it and see if it would illustrate why he is why he is. He said he’s very intense and suffers a bit from anxiety.

He whinged multiple times at his handling by the media and how Garry Lyon and Chris Dittmar always bagged him and how the media just make things up and exaggerate and he couldn’t understand why anyone would do this.

He was very effusive of Dimma in 2004 and his role as an experienced clubman in that premiership year.

This has been mentioned before but he said Richmond was the club the Port players hated the most after the Crows. Didn’t really explain why but said we got ahead of ourselves and carried on a bit after that rd 23 win v Sydney to get into the 8. Said we’d carried on like we’d won a granny.

Admitted he was a *smile* when he came runner up to Tredrea in the B&F (when he thought he was going to win) and gave a speech that consisted of thanking his mum, his dad and his wife and then immediately leaving the function.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Admitted he was a *smile* when he came runner up to Tredrea in the B&F (when he thought he was going to win) and gave a speech that consisted of thanking his mum, his dad and his wife and then immediately leaving the function.
That just goes to show what a knob spanker he is, what a disgrace.

So i bought Kane’s book from an op shop for $3 (overpriced) and yes I know I can’t stand him but I thought I’d read it and see if it would illustrate why he is why he is. He said he’s very intense and suffers a bit from anxiety.

He whinged multiple times at his handling by the media and how Garry Lyon and Chris Dittmar always bagged him and how the media just make things up and exaggerate and he couldn’t understand why anyone would do this.

He was very effusive of Dimma in 2004 and his role as an experienced clubman in that premiership year.

This has been mentioned before but he said Richmond was the club the Port players hated the most after the Crows. Didn’t really explain why but said we got ahead of ourselves and carried on a bit after that rd 23 win v Sydney to get into the 8. Said we’d carried on like we’d won a granny.

"Said we’d carried on like we’d won a granny." some context , we were having a poor year and had to get on a winning streak to make the finals
and that had to culminate in beating the top placed Swans in Sydney to make the 8 and despite having a good run we still copped it it the media
about how we were going to lose and were useless

I reckon we responded real well , came out of the blocks fast and just hung on
it was our grand final , it was a very wet ground and a huge physical effort to match it with the Swans and defy the footy world saying we wouldn't make it
but the effort took its toll and we left it on the park and had nothing for Port the next week

Reactions: 3 users
we were 3-10 that year then won 9 straight to make the finals. of course you're gonna celebrate. wanker.

Reactions: 9 users

Aren't you out of lockdown?

Surely you had something better to do? Try washing your cat!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
said we got ahead of ourselves and carried on a bit after that rd 23 win v Sydney to get into the 8. Said we’d carried on like we’d won a granny.
You'd think he'd got it out of his system after Port walloped us the following week.

No, he's a strange man with strange motivations that I don't think even he understands. Maybe he's damaged by Chad getting Studley as a middle name while he copped Graham.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Okay, don’t know what is more unbelievable:

Karen Cornes wrote a book.
Someone actual published it
Stores actual stocked and sold this thing.
Being secondhand means someone purchased it
This book wasn’t burnt or used to start a fire.
You paid $3 for it.
and you read it

this story sounds made up

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Did it mention at all his failure to become a fire fighter, and the reasons behind it?

What's the book called, I'll look out for it, so I don't buy it by mistake.

Not dissimilar, I saw this available for download for free

This is Port Adelaide (2021)
THIS IS PORT ADELAIDE takes viewers across the 150-year journey of Australia's most successful football club and then goes behind the scenes as the club was repeatedly challenged in 2020 by the impact of a global pandemic, in what was to be its 150th celebratory season.
Genres:Documentary,History,Sport
Directors:Nicole Miller
Actors:Nathan Buckley,John Cahill,Russell Ebert
Runtime:90 min
Language:English
Release:22 Apr 2021

but I didn't bother

THIS IS PORT ADELAIDE takes viewers across the 150-year journey of Australia's most successful football club and then goes behind the scenes as the club was repeatedly challenged in 2020 by the impact of a global pandemic, in what was to be its 150th celebratory season.

but I didn't bother
Actors? Classic!

but I didn't bother
I watched this on Stan a month or 2 ago, was moderate.

I wonder if Gollum will be there to congratulate Boak on breaking his record, or whether he’ll be there to try and break his leg to stop him from taking his precious off him?