Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

His defence of Port not doing a concussion protocol was laughable. Watch the vision, 2 people moving pretty fast in opposite directions, heads collide and immediately stop. We know that this is where concussion occurs due to the brain moving violently within the skull.
The AFL are about to settle a monster claim for long term effects of concussion and Port ignore all that to IMO try and win a game of footy…all the while Kane dismisses as a “head knock”.
I hope Port get a monster fine
I had to drive in the city early this morning and decided to listen to SEN for the first time in a very long time. An immensely miserable experience with Cornes on. This guy is an absolute imbecile. His bias to Port knows no bounds. He went to extreme lengths to defend them over the concussion issue; over the top in his defence. "Thou doth protest too much" or however it goes. Just could not see how anyone could think it'd be an issue. He even went to the extent of trying to deflect back to Richmond as he claims he saw Dusty get a knee in the head and "he didn't have a concussion test". *smile* totally unbalanced, bias *smile* is Cornes. He's an embarrassment. As is SEN; those ads bloody hell!!

Reactions: 4 users
Now this knucklehead is apparently having ago at the Tiger faithful for not turning up last night
Yeah he did that as well. Absolute peanut.

King pointed out that Thursday night games in mid winter are anything but crowd friendly and made for TV only. Cornes had no response. Can't wait to see the tarps at Adelaide Oval later in the year when the Power's season is done and their fans drop off like flies as they always do when they are rubbish.

Reactions: 2 users
I had to drive in the city early this morning and decided to listen to SEN for the first time in a very long time. An immensely miserable experience with Cornes on. This guy is an absolute imbecile. His bias to Port knows no bounds. He went to extreme lengths to defend them over the concussion issue; over the top in his defence. "Thou doth protest too much" or however it goes. Just could not see how anyone could think it'd be an issue. He even went to the extent of trying to deflect back to Richmond as he claims he saw Dusty get a knee in the head and "he didn't have a concussion test". *smile* totally unbalanced, bias *smile* is Cornes. He's an embarrassment. As is SEN; those ads bloody hell!!
Don’t listen to him Riddles, turn the dial. If every Richmond supporter switches Cornes off it’ll go someway to no one employing him.

Reactions: 3 users
Don’t listen to him Riddles, turn the dial. If every Richmond supporter switches Cornes off it’ll go someway to no one employing him.
It was the first time I'd listened to that idiot and that rubbish station for a very long time. It will be a very, very long time before I do so again.

• Haha
Cornehole is an embarrassment to the game, Ch9 and SEN.

Flogs like him are one of the reasons why so many people are dropping off.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually get a really good laugh when the vol-kano erupts. The joy I feel when I see him getting unhinged is immeasurable.

Cornehole is an embarrassment to the game, Ch9 and SEN.

Flogs like him are one of the reasons why so many people are dropping off.
Agree Kong the constant nit picking and and the bagging just gets too much.
Especially when you can't reply.
He apprantly pulled out of a charity boxing match, it's a pity it would've been nice to see him get Kod.

Now this knucklehead is apparently having ago at the Tiger faithful for not turning up last night
I don’t mind Cornes most of the time. He is opinionated and sometimes sparks some interesting topics. However, he is not objective when it comes to Port and has always had a slight bias against us. Maybe cos didn’t rate us much during his career who knows. Or cares.

However. Thursday night footy is for T.V audiences. I live 2 hours from Melb on a decent run in. Need to allow minimum 2.5 hrs to get a park and to the ground and with a reserved seat. If not reserved I will allow more time. Then I have to go home. Had a decent run last night and was home by 1.00am. I am retired now as of last year. No way would I do that if I had to work the next day, particularly as I would normally be there by 7.00am after an hours trip to get there. A Friday night - yeah ok. Could get up later and go do shopping etc. Saturday arvo/evening all good.

That’s purely my reasoning/rationale. Not speaking for others.

What about those that have kids that have school next day? Others from the bush similar to me?

We were playing Port. They have a what Kane? A HUGE following in Melb? AND they all turned up but Richmond supporters stayed home?

I reckon you might get 50,000 at a Collingwood/Carlton game on a Thursday night. A 70,000 crowd on a Friday night and an 80,000+ crowd on a Saturday arvo/evening.

Monday football when it comes in will be similar to Thursday night footy. For TV audiences.

Remember when Cornes was questioning these low attendances for Port in the last 2 seasons?EA643526-DF33-4F9D-8E2E-233AA1DF2177.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Last thing we want is our game to be like it is in the USA where the media attacks an athlete ‘mercilessly ‘ as they do on a regular basis.

Whatever we think , feel , whatever they are on $ wise, I never want us to be so brutal to another human being.
u mean like how people are here with george?

• Wow
To be honest, I was waiting for him to complain about the fact that we played them as the home team at our home ground. You know, the ground where we are “gifted” so many games.
Actually, this is how his pea brain works.
Cornflakes: It’s disgraceful Richmond get to play so many games at the MCG
Caller/AFL/reporter: ok, we’ll change the game to be played at Marvel stadium
Cornhole: What!!!!! It’s disgraceful that interstate teams like port don’t get to play many games at the MCG

Reactions: 3 users
School night, rubbish weather.
But am going to blues next Thursday so will deal with whatever comes weather wise

What a clown speaks soo much *smile*.
Too many games at the G, the free kicks
He should be the last person talking about crowds, his club used tarps to cover the seats for 10 yrs.
*smile* him off back to SA and get him off TV . I don't listen to football on radio, I have heart issues.

Yeah he did that as well. Absolute peanut.

King pointed out that Thursday night games in mid winter are anything but crowd friendly and made for TV only. Cornes had no response. Can't wait to see the tarps at Adelaide Oval later in the year when the Power's season is done and their fans drop off like flies as they always do when they are rubbish.
Ah Ridley! You mention tarps and it brings this to mind!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Can't wait to see the tarps at Adelaide Oval later in the year when the Power's season is done and their fans drop off like flies as they always do when they are rubbish.
Port fans will turn up in droves. They're still expecting their mob to win the 2020 prelim n make the Grannie.

Maybe we are over reacting.
Port Adelaide players cant have concussion, you need a brain to get concussed. Brainless lot

• Love
Cornes makes a living being annoying and getting up peoples noses. He's pretty good at it.