Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Agreed. Cornes created this rhetoric. If it was just a kid that wanted to move home, there wouldn't have been this reaction. This reaction is to the mummys boys rhetoric where he refused to do those things that are expected of you to aid recovery etc.

I don't think Hinckley necessarily helped too much calling it a courageous decision. He made the right decision for him certainly, but I'm not sure that was courageous and over emphasising what it was has the chance that it comes back to bite him.

I wouldn't boo him, it didn't happen at my footy club but I can understand why some supporters are riled up and it all comes back to Cornes.
Didn't Henry get booed by Collingwood supporters but no other club has booed him.
It's the damage created by Cornes.
I booed Deledio but no other club booed Him.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I wonder what Karen would’ve said if Dimma did what Kenny did. I’m tipping it would’ve been along the lines of “stop whinging Dimma, your players are men now and this is the sort of scrutiny they have to face, they don’t need you babying them.”

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don't listen to Cornes

It is interesting however that with the Gather round in Adelaide for the next few years it will lead to about 13 games in Adelaide for both the crows and the Power

I think the crows have had the last 4 at AO?

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I don't listen to Cornes

It is interesting however that with the Gather round in Adelaide for the next few years it will lead to about 13 games in Adelaide for both the crows and the Power

Which is why it's best to have the Showdown in this round. Also saves any of the 16 teams' complaint in being fixtured to play them.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I don't listen to Cornes

Yep, 13 games at AO for Port. Richmond have 13 at the G but I’m guessing Karen won’t be whinging about playing 13 games at your home ground at the moment.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Yep, 13 games at AO for Port. Richmond have 13 at the G but I’m guessing Karen won’t be whinging about playing 13 games at your home ground at the moment.
Maybe someone should ring him up and complain about the number of games we have at the G, let him get started, then go “ oh wait, port have the same amount at Adelaide oval” , and then sit back and enjoy hearing him try and weasel back and try to justify why it’s different

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Maybe someone should ring him up and complain about the number of games we have at the G, let him get started, then go “ oh wait, port have the same amount at Adelaide oval” , and then sit back and enjoy hearing him try and weasel back and try to justify why it’s different
They will play 11 home games at AO against interstate teams. We play probably 3-4 of ours at the MCG against co-tenants (without checking) which aren't true home games.

Anyway it is what it is and Cornes will do and say what he likes. Ignore imo

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I feel a bit for JHF. Doesn't seem the brightest spark and not a particularly settled upbringing. Wopuld be a challenge to have such huge expectations on you and have so much written about you at the start of your career.

Kornes has not helped his cause one bit though. But doubt he will really care about JHF's lot, its all about publicity for Kornes.

He does have some good points to make but the sheer volume of comment means a lot of the good stuff is lost.

Like many I no longer listen to SEN, not even casually. And I was a very regular listener.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I don't listen to Cornes

Kingy said to be fair
They would have to play each other because it's virtually another home game.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
If we loose to Gold Coast and the Eagles and it starts to look like we may have gifted Harley Reid to the Giants, that is when Kane will really have some good material to work with. We just need a couple more hamstrings and calves to go and he will be in heaven.

He might actually be a decent bloke underneath all of his shock jock comments. He did run from Melbourne to Adelaide for Cancer.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Get ready for King v Cornhead b!tch fight now. So up himself and now lays the blame on his workmate Kingy for starting the Horny Boy soap opera.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Great vibes around Port - kane is beside himself says they have had toughest draw in the competition

Well;

Port are 3-2 and have played -

Brisbane,
Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, Adelaide, Sydney

Tigers are 1-3-1 and have played -

Carlton,
Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, Adelaide, Sydney

Port Adelaide pipped Swans in a come from behind effort, when Florent’s kick landed a foot short.
Port have copped a couple of floggings and could easily be 2-3. On 8 points.

So we are very very close to them in output yet we are almost in crisis and they are floating on air

Reactions: 4 users