Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I sometimes like to play “ which moron was that “ and I’ll click on an article with a big over the top headline , batting at %100 with KC , unrivalled in the over the top , click , click , click department.

Have noticed the dislike and lack of respect shown to him by other ex players in the media , certainly not a popular man , dosent do much good for advertising the modern game .

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
That was great mate. Ta for sharing.

It tells a lot about how Hutchy and his cohorts have taken the AFL media doesn't it.

Unfortunately the Cornes thread on this board shows the strategy is working.

Richmond supporters that they intend to wind up - then listen. Hence increasing there listenership and therefore salary.

Everytime anyone tunes into SEN or listens to a Kane Cornes podcast, you are building his empire and paying his wage.

Reactions: 6 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
It tells a lot about how Hutchy and his cohorts have taken the AFL media doesn't it.

Richmond supporters that they intend to wind up - then listen. Hence increasing there listenership and therefore salary.

Everytime anyone tunes into SEN or listens to a Kane Cornes podcast, you are building his empire and paying his wage.
Don't know the figures but sen's listenership surely has to be done.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
No idea who this dude is, but geez he reminds you of Cornes lol.

Also relevant to AFL media today. It's an NBA clip that came up on Leysy's Twitter feed today.

Bloke on the left of screen in the beige jacket b fairly smart. Sat back quietly n let the other blokes get shredded by the Cuban, old mate skippy was lookin n soundin pretty much like pet food by the end there.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I feel a bit for JHF. Doesn't seem the brightest spark and not a particularly settled upbringing. Wopuld be a challenge to have such huge expectations on you and have so much written about you at the start of your career.

Kornes has not helped his cause one bit though. But doubt he will really care about JHF's lot, its all about publicity for Kornes.

He does have some good points to make but the sheer volume of comment means a lot of the good stuff is lost.

Like many I no longer listen to SEN, not even casually. And I was a very regular listener.
I agree MDJ.

They should have just rode it out. Part of the problem is that people like Cornes have created such expectation of performance.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Awesome clip LD. Bayless comes off so poorly and so bereft of real analysis of the game. Cuban just destroys him.

It kind of makes me review my thoughts on David King. I've never had anything against him personally (he's an old assumption boy who did better in football than most of his more talented teammates from those schoolboy teams) and always thought he just stated the obvious in hindsight.

But at least he actually tries some real analysis of game style, tactics backed up with some data.

Reactions: 3 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Awesome clip LD. Bayless comes off so poorly and so bereft of real analysis of the game. Cuban just destroys him.

It kind of makes me review my thoughts on David King. I've never had anything against him personally (he's an old assumption boy who did better in football than most of his more talented teammates from those schoolboy teams) and always thought he just stated the obvious in hindsight.

But at least he actually tries some real analysis of game style, tactics backed up with some data.

Yeah Kingy is one of the few in the media Leysy watches/listens to.

As spook said, not great at predicting things. But has good analysis of what happened.

Seems secent chap as well from when had a beer or three at the Emerald Sth Melb when on a Sat punt over the years.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Kornhole plays a character. Bristle plays a character. There are other minor characters. But Kornhole ruins discussion like Bristle ruins gameday. Donk Russell and Brayshaw have done the most damage IMO. The damage to the language of the game. The language of the game is in tatters. The list of *smile* language is as long as you want. Sure, mistake or 14 players names. But to listen to "spear pass" and "chipping ball" 40 times a match.....omfg.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Really wish there was a way to ignore threads on this forum.

If someone knows of a way (apart from not clicking on it) pls let me know.
It is an extreme solution, but if you block the original poster of this thread (Sorry B1 & B2) the thread won't show up at all. While B1 & B2 is a great poster they haven't been online since Oct 2020 so the benefits might weigh out the negatives.

I have done this for the Umpire farce conspiracy thread. Mine was an easy decision given the OP of that thread was also an antivaxxer conspiracy theorist.

Reactions: 1 user

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Kornhole plays a character. Bristle plays a character. There are other minor characters. But Kornhole ruins discussion like Bristle ruins gameday. Donk Russell and Brayshaw have done the most damage IMO. The damage to the language of the game. The language of the game is in tatters. The list of *smile* language is as long as you want. Sure, mistake or 14 players names. But to listen to "spear pass" and "chipping ball" 40 times a match.....omfg.
My anti-favourites have to be "chiseler" and "drop-step". What the actual *smile*!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
It is an extreme solution, but if you block the original poster of this thread (Sorry B1 & B2) the thread won't show up at all. While B1 & B2 is a great poster they haven't been online since Oct 2020 so the benefits might weigh out the negatives.

I have done this for the Umpire farce conspiracy thread. Mine was an easy decision given the OP of that thread was also an antivaxxer conspiracy theorist.
What happened to B1 and B2?