Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

I seem to have missed Karen’s glowing tribute to Cotch and Jac after their retirement……
I think there are at least 4 reasons behind this:

1. They are Richmond players
2. They won 3 flags
3. Both were significantly better footballers than he could have ever been. Both had talent, courage and leadership in spades.
4. Neither played at Port Adelaide.

Reactions: 3 users
I think there are at least 4 reasons behind this:

1. They are Richmond players
2. They won 3 flags
3. Both were significantly better footballers than he could have ever been. Both had talent, courage and leadership in spades.
4. Neither played at Port Adelaide.
5. They were involved in Kanye's 300th where Port lost.
6. They were in the team that eliminated Port in the 2020 finals series.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Just read that Cornes went over the top highlighting how poor McGovern was as Walkers opponent when he kicked 9 ….what a putrid spiteful , self agendad woeful so called football journalist.

Seriously are Cornes, Robinson, Wheatly, Barrett , Brown, etc etc etc the best we can do to promote the game

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Just read that Cornes went over the top highlighting how poor McGovern was as Walkers opponent when he kicked 9 ….what a putrid spiteful , self agendad woeful so called football journalist.

Seriously are Cornes, Robinson, Wheatly, Barrett , Brown, etc etc etc the best we can do to promote the game
He is doing excalty what Hutchy wants.
He gets people talking about the shitt that comes out of his mouth.
The really strange thing at the moment is every X footballer in or not in the media are calling him out.
He won't last long. Because he constantly throws shitt, it once turned into a headline now it's disappearing as soon it leaves his lips.
People aren't interested in what he has to say

That’s the thing Mr B. They don’t promote the game, they promote themselves. This is apparently what ‘sports journalists’ do now.

Reactions: 6 users
That’s the thing Mr B. They don’t promote the game, they promote themselves. This is apparently what ‘sports journalists’ do now.
I can only speak for myself CTT , however I avoid all of the above, don’t watch any footy show at all now , don’t listen to SEN at all , they have actually helped turn me off the game , where I now only watch the Tiges games

Reactions: 16 users

The media singling out and bagging players and sticking the boots in is worse than ever - and they bounce around week to week.
Cornes leads the chorus but Lyon and now Lloyd and a few others are joining in. I don’t count Robinson.
Yet they will all be the first to yell ‘mental health’ and player welfare is a priority.
Their hypocrisy stuns me at times

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
The media singling out and bagging players and sticking the boots in is worse than ever - and they bounce around week to week.
Cornes leads the chorus but Lyon and now Lloyd and a few others are joining in. I don’t count Robinson.
Yet they will all be the first to yell ‘mental health’ and player welfare is a priority.
Their hypocrisy stuns me at times
Shows the quality of human a few of these men are

Reactions: 4 users

I’m barracking hard for this to be Port! Would love to hear how this is a good deal and why it is different to Taranto and Hopper.
Are you serious? If Port pick him up.
Cornes needs to resign and *smile* off back to Adelaide never to be heard from again.
Ratonmygear isn't worth 200k a year.
He will be the laughing stock of AFL football.

Cornes is just a symptomatic puppet of a bigger blight in the game. His media mogul boss Craig Hutchison.
His want to push controver$y & agenda$ is what is turning many off AFL.
If it wasn't Karen Cornes or Karen Whateley it would be some other shock jock doing his bidding.
Hutchy is the root of the problem. The fish rots from the head.

Reactions: 12 users
Yeah its one thing for Cornes to be a clickbait shock jock, largely for his negativity and bias, but its another thing alltogether to have him as an AA selector. Its a disgrace, and just another example of how poorly governed the AFL is. If the AFL presents the AA team as the showpiece for elite player recognition, and the financial rewards that come with that, there has to as much integrity as you can muster. Clear criteria for selection, or at least clearer than it is now, and selectors who are widely acknowledged as having integrity, knowledge and leadership.

I don't mind Warrick Capper, but you wouldn't have him as an AA selector, Cornes is just as bad.

I can only speak for myself CTT , however I avoid all of the above, don’t watch any footy show at all now , don’t listen to SEN at all , they have actually helped turn me off the game , where I now only watch the Tiges games
Yeh, I rarely watch 360 & rarely listen to SEN beacuse of kermit/cornes/robbo. I still love watching games but watch a lot less than previously.

I've come to like Montagna, he's called out a few things no others do - the throwing epoidemic in the game (bulldogs particularly) & now the glaring AA tigers ommissions. I'm sure mince will take him to task.

Maybe with Jack in the Fox team full-time we will get a subtle change?

Yeh, I rarely watch 360 & rarely listen to SEN beacuse of kermit/cornes/robbo. I still love watching games but watch a lot less than previously.

I've come to like Montagna, he's called out a few things no others do - the throwing epoidemic in the game (bulldogs particularly) & now the glaring AA tigers ommissions. I'm sure mince will take him to task.

Maybe with Jack in the Fox team full-time we will get a subtle change?
Yeah, I like Montagna too. He's good on First Crack and he's actually a good caller of games as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I like Montagna too. He's good on First Crack and he's actually a good caller of games as well.
He comes across as authentic in his thoughts and ideas on the game. No agenda.

Reactions: 1 users
Cornes is just a symptomatic puppet of a bigger blight in the game. His media mogul boss Craig Hutchison.
His want to push controver$y & agenda$ is what is turning many off AFL.
If it wasn't Karen Cornes or Karen Whateley it would be some other shock jock doing his bidding.
Hutchy is the root of the problem. The fish rots from the head.
100% this is from a bloke that would say to me weekly 'are you still watching them?" 'How do you brack for that club"

I would return serve, 'Geelong are worse then Collingwood, win a GF and then talks
His come back was always 'Do you know what finals are?'

He comes across as authentic in his thoughts and ideas on the game. No agenda.
Agree, and Nathan Jones too, he's not a polished performer, but good insights, and he's called out anti-Tigers bias a few times so he's alright by me.

Loved King last night, in the AA ballroom, after it was announced GW asked him for opinion, eyeballed him and said no Dusty is a 'just a flat out error', then looked at the camera and said it again. Loved it.