Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Yeah its one thing for Cornes to be a clickbait shock jock, largely for his negativity and bias, but its another thing alltogether to have him as an AA selector. Its a disgrace, and just another example of how poorly governed the AFL is. If the AFL presents the AA team as the showpiece for elite player recognition, and the financial rewards that come with that, there has to as much integrity as you can muster. Clear criteria for selection, or at least clearer than it is now, and selectors who are widely acknowledged as having integrity, knowledge and leadership.

I don't mind Warrick Capper, but you wouldn't have him as an AA selector, Cornes is just as bad.
AFL should have a rule that no media people can be on the AA selectors.

Reactions: 11 users
Agree, and Nathan Jones too, he's not a polished performer, but good insights, and he's called out anti-Tigers bias a few times so he's alright by me.

Loved King last night, in the AA ballroom, after it was announced GW asked him for opinion, eyeballed him and said no Dusty is a 'just a flat out error', then looked at the camera and said it again. Loved it.
Yeh, spot on about Jones not being polished! But that's not a bad thing.

King has grown on me over time. He and Montagna a good pairing. He is still great at calling things in hindsight but at least he can go against the AFL agenda.

Reactions: 7 users
Yeh, I rarely watch 360 & rarely listen to SEN beacuse of kermit/cornes/robbo. I still love watching games but watch a lot less than previously.

I've come to like Montagna, he's called out a few things no others do - the throwing epoidemic in the game (bulldogs particularly) & now the glaring AA tigers ommissions. I'm sure mince will take him to task.

Maybe with Jack in the Fox team full-time we will get a subtle change?
Whateley just ignored him and changed the subject

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
But not before Montanga followed up with Tigers were stiffed, naming Dusty, TT, Shai And Vlastuin. It was quite satisfying.

But yeah Whateley had the grimace on.

Reactions: 3 users
But not before Montanga followed up with Tigers were stiffed, naming Dusty, TT, Shai And Vlastuin. It was quite satisfying.

But yeah Whateley had the grimace on.
He hates his ideas and thoughts being challenged, especially by those with some authority or credentials.

Spook nailed it about him not being punched on the nose enough (or likely at all).

Reactions: 4 users
When doesn't he? He was changing the subject concerning us even after winning the flags.
I think the Geelong win in the covid year due the hate from the haters.
It has exploded since October 2020.

Yeh, spot on about Jones not being polished! But that's not a bad thing.

King has grown on me over time. He and Montagna a good pairing. He is still great at calling things in hindsight but at least he can go against the AFL agenda.
Yep. I like King and Montagna's assessment on First Crack and AFL360. Most intelligent part of these shows. Clearly shows Wanker Whateley sitting there 'trying' to look intelligent.

$833,000 per season. Gotta be *smile*.
No it's 5yrs around 650-700k
He isn't worth 200k and no more then 3yrs.
He can't play. I've seen him touch a ball that was going for goal, I've seen handball to the opposition as if he forgot who he played for and he drops more marks then he takes.
If Geelong get a 2nd rounder for him.
Geelong would have pulled the greatest heist in afl history

Kane Cornes had his mind on big Cox today, which he often does apparently. .

Discussing the Collingwood forward line he mentioned big Cox only gets his hands on balls 5 or 6 times a game.

If Collingwood are to penetrate deep into the finals series I'm thinking they need to milk big Cox for all he's worth. Those 5 or 6 possessions have to count.

They should have him with a bag full of balls taking shots all night at training.

They couldn't do worse that have a big ball bag with big Cox stroking them through the middle in preparation for a big session Thursday night.

Admittedly his best game was when they used him as the sub which prevented him from going off prematurely.

On the other hand, with Darcy Cameron in the side, can you fit big Cox forward without the front end bulging too much?

I've heard Darcy Moore likes the idea of big Cox in the rear end, but is he strong enough defensively to be stuck up the rear end without getting sh*t on?

• Haha
Geelong want a future 1st rounder from Port???
How? Your not allowed to off load more then 2 yrs worth of 1st rounders.
Port gave away last years & this years 1st rounders for HF.
Or is it OK because it's not Richmond

• Wow
JHF 6 year deal, 10 possessions last quarter.
Will Kane ever criticise JHF or the deal, and they gave up a top pick from memory.?

What will Cornhole say? Can the Port ferals accept another 2 years of Kenny Boy?

• Wow
Will Kane ever criticise JHF or the deal, and they gave up a top pick from memory.?
To be fair, when asked about the length and the money being rumoured that Port were offering Ratugolea he didn’t like or agree with it. He’s against long term, big money deals on principle.

He does he bash and crash 2 or 3 times a game and then he disappears.
He got hit hard in the 1st qtr by Cameron and Dunkley.
Cornes Won't write him off on TV.

I wonder what garbage Kane will come up for the Port failure?
I hope GWS win next week and send them out in straight sets.

• Love
I wonder what garbage Kane will come up for the Port failure?
I hope GWS win next week and send them out in straight sets.
If GWS win next week they will beat the Maggots in the Prelim like they did in 19.

GWS are a bit of a bogey team for the Skunks.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Well thats Port done.

Facing the Skunks at the G in a Prelim.
Collingwood will smash them.
In finals your Byrne Jones, Finalyson, Jones, Durrsma and Burton types will fall to pieces.
Port have Rossee, Bulters and Alir Alir.
There captain is that shiit McKenzie keeps him out.
They barely beat us, without the help of the umpires we couldve beaten them

• Haha