Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Anything that has Kane Cornes getting punched around the head can only be a good thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
And that the AFL promote it.
The cynic in me would say the AFL Lawyers would love the chance to say any CTE symptoms were exaggerated by boxing and folks like Cornes wearing it in the head.
"Oh sure AFL can be risky, especially when Mr Cornes was in his prime. But Kane took several punches to the head, and there's no way of knowing if that took him over the edge your honor"

Reactions: 2 users

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
A lot of hate here. For me, having previously fought in kickboxing, Cornhole has won a fair bit of respect in my mind given he only prepped for 8 weeks.

Doesn't change the fact he's a *smile* when it comes to media reporting, but at least he will walk his talk.
Would have gained some respect if he actually threw 1 right hand but he didn't. Weak as *smile* was scared to get hit

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
No respect from me, ever..
I thought Darcy’s questions put to him on MMM a few days ago were very telling, about his polarising role and that he is burning bridges within tbe actual industry..
Darcy-Richo-Hamish = tight with Cotch, and pretty tight group. Hamish highly respected not a great enemy to have.
Darcy also tight with Bevo.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I thought Darcy’s questions put to him on MMM a few days ago were very telling, about his polarising role and that he is burning bridges within tbe actual industry..
Darcy-Richo-Hamish = tight with Cotch, and pretty tight group. Hamish highly respected not a great enemy to have.
Bingo Darcy is Footscary.
He used 'Cotchin' as cover to unleash on him but it wasn't Cotchin Darcy was trying to protect, it was Beveridge.
Cornes is getting people who played the game really angry.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Bingo Darcy is Footscary.
He used 'Cotchin' as cover to unleash on him but it wasn't Cotchin Darcy was trying to protect, it was Beveridge.
Cornes is getting people who played the game really angry.

Wonder how long before someone in the industry asks why he is still an AA selector.

JoeGee

Tiger Cub
Oct 17, 2023
Would have gained some respect if he actually threw 1 right hand but he didn't. Weak as *smile* was scared to get hit
You ever stepped in a ring with a few people watching? Any idea on what that anxiety does to you?

I've watched blokes who are smooth as butter sparring completely freeze as soon as they step into their first fight. Based on Cornholes face, that's exactly what happened to him (and he was man enough to admit it too).

Not saying I like the bloke, but I don't think people are in a position to call him weak as *smile* from their keyboards.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Billy brownless also had a more gentler go at Karen the other day as did Wayne Carey. Now a normal person would read the room and think “hmm, maybe acting the tool isn’t getting me respect” but no, not from a narcissist like Karen.

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
You ever stepped in a ring with a few people watching? Any idea on what that anxiety does to you?

I've watched blokes who are smooth as butter sparring completely freeze as soon as they step into their first fight. Based on Cornholes face, that's exactly what happened to him (and he was man enough to admit it too).

Not saying I like the bloke, but I don't think people are in a position to call him weak as *smile* from their keyboards.
Yes had 4 fights lots of people watching fought the Tasmanian heavy weight champion in the navy in 2004 and won, then went on to several fights against american armed forces personal

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They crumble in the real heat.
Rozee toe pokes and goes one hand in when it is real serious. Seems a bit of a front runner.
As a Captain he could only ever dream of tying Cotch’s shoe laces.
When Cornes realises this, if ever, he will be sad
Wastes time getting into other coaches on the brink instead of his dumbsh!t team.

Reactions: 4 users