Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

zippadeee said:
Gone from test for the stkilda game to mising anotber 1-2 games.
Huge loss

*is the doctor.fom the late 2000's back

Think we can get the next 8pts while his Achilles strengthens for a campaign

Its gonna be a huge August/Sept for the RFC

zippadeee said:
Gone from test for the stkilda game to mising anotber 1-2 games.
Huge loss

*is the doctor.fom the late 2000's back

if you are going from the ALF website it is 1-2 weeks, not games, which puts him as a chance for the saints.

Brodders17 said:
if you are going from the ALF website it is 1-2 weeks, not games, which puts him as a chance for the saints.

Exactly , no one has ever said the Saints game was a certainty for him to return, the Richmond site has had him short to medium term for a while & the AFL site has had him touch & go to return after the bye for a while. What's frustrating is he was initially listed as achilles tightness from day 1 & that will have reached roughly 6 weeks by the Saints game.

Hes battling Achilles tendinitis which is a pain in the arse to deal with especially for an elite sportsman.

There's no guarantees for a return date for Lablett IMO it will be touch and go its a difficult condition for a sportsman to get over.

Just when you think you're on top of it you go for a run or step up the exertion or activity and bam its flaring up again.

Yea it's a bugger, this one.

You just can't know, how it's going to pan out.

I've been worried about Lambert for ages on this front. He's special for us - really like him.

Fingers crossed for him.

lamb22 said:
Do you think it might be related to the syndesmosis surgery Craig?

I honestly couldnt say Lambsy my first thought would be to say might be a slight possibly if it was the same leg as tendinopathy can often attributable be related to a previous injury.

But most tendinopathy injuries are also resultant of overuse and degeneration, think tennis elbow.

craig said:
I honestly couldnt say Lambsy my first thought would be to say might be a slight possibly if it was the same leg as tendinopathy can often attributable be related to a previous injury.

But most tendinopathy injuries are also resultant of overuse and degeneration, think tennis elbow.

Does that mean, it’s all over red rover for lambert?
We have had some gems that have had there careers end overnight, Coughlan, Foley, Free, Griffens

He would be doing a lot of heavy lower leg weights and hopping to try and strengthen the tendon. It will probably be a minimum of eight weeks till he is pain free but it might improve enough so he can play. There shouldn't be any reason he won't make a full recovery but it is harder to manage in season.

Severely under-rated player is Lambert. Is very important for our structures. He's one of the soldiers who doesn't always get the accolades of his flashier peers.

Reactions: 1 user
Great to have him back but a bit worried about the surface at Docklands for his return, wouldn't have minded seeing him play one game in the VFL just to avoid that dump.

Not sure Richmond fans under-rate Lambert, he is very impressive and important.

DS

Best 2 way runner in our side. Always involved in the chains of play that result in goals.
Fingers crossed he gets a good run for the remaining part of season.
Very important player to our side.