Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
2012 striking Clinton Young - not guilty
2013 running through Jason Johannisen ending his season - not even charged!
2014 striking Dylan Grimes - reprimand; misconduct on Grimes - fine; rough conduct on Jarryd Roughead - 1 week
2015 front-on contact Kyle Cheney - fine
2016 rough conduct on Rhys Mathieson (broken jaw) - 4 weeks
2017 striking Scott Thompson - fine
2018 kneeing Will Schofield - fine; elbowing Harris Andrews (bleed on brain) - 5 weeks
2020 kneeing Kane Lambert - not charged

Protected mongrel.
yeah, he's just a bit awkward

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
2014 striking Dylan Grimes - reprimand; misconduct on Grimes - fine; rough conduct on Jarryd Roughead - 1 week
2018 kneeing Will Schofield - fine; elbowing Harris Andrews (bleed on brain) - 5 weeks

Protected mongrel.

Not forgetting the forearm jolt in the GF against Bakes that Mario Milano would've been proud of.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Rubbish.

Towner played hard, but fair. Smashed blokes when it was in play. And always wanted the ball.

Cameron is a sniper. And what's worse, is he always does the "hey bloke, get up, you ok, I need to win the Coleman"

Has history. Will do it again .

Time will catch up with him, also think word will be get around the clubs.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Will get cotton woolled this week after his knock and will be fresh as a daisy and ready to rumble come the opener.

Reactions: 1 users

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

Protected mongrel.
So he's been suspended for 2 bad ones and the rest not much. Pretty much what I thought.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
I see the aflw playet McClelland got 2 weeks for intentional medium high contact. ..but no concussion I believe. So...Lambert concussed. Remember that degree of injury is highly relevant. High contact. At the very least medium impact . Over the boundary line. Player with extensive history. ..Manifestly inadequate result . AFL continues to be blatantly corrupt and laughs in the face of football fans. We get what we accept. Such is life.

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Recall a late arrival by Cameron into big Dave's back after he took a mark in the gf, I called him a dirty dog then, seems it still applies..

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Difficult to prove intent especially in the heat of a game, even a practice match.

But, I seem to recall a few cases where recklessness leading to head contact and, even more relevant, concussion, leads to a sanction. At the very least this was reckless and also at the very least it was medium impact (hence the concussion) and it was clearly to the head.

So, why no sanction, not even a charge?

DS

• Wow

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Mine is, based on the circumstances of Lambert diving to knock the ball forward and his body turning there really was no time or option to analyse the situation in depth when your task is to tackle the player.

Interesting tackling technique Jeremy applies.

Next you'll say he was trying to spoon him but Lambert turned the wrong way!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What happened to lambo brought back bad memories from a similiar incident, When Mick Martyn virtually ended Michael Mitchell's career in the early 90's in a practice match.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'd be erring on the side of caution with Lambo. He was out for a few seconds, 11 days is not enough. We'll beat Carlton without him.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Protected mongrel.

i remember he jumped through Baker in the granny - just being a bit clumsy though

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Cameron is a dirty prick and should’ve been suspended but I prefer he’s available against prickys mob in Rd 1.