Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hopefully this will lead to a crack down on players “dropping knees”. I saw an Eagles player do it to Docker Bailey Banfield in their game. The the Eagle did the “I’m trying to get off him but I’m uncoordinated and keep tumbling over him “ routine after the knee drop. Commentators praised Banfield for keeping his cool.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
What's the difference between not deliberately aiming a knee to a head vs making no effort to avoid contact when the end result is concussion?

You need time to avoid contact. You can't help incidental contact if your task is to tackle or stop another player from getting the ball away. Your belief is that he did it intentionally. Mine is, based on the circumstances of Lambert diving to knock the ball forward and his body turning there really was no time or option to analyse the situation in depth when your task is to tackle the player. Unless you can categorically show a player's intention it's a dangerous game to play to suspend players on assumptions. It was a pretty straight forward case to adjudicate imo.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You need time to avoid contact. You can't help incidental contact if your task is to tackle or stop another player from getting the ball away. Your belief is that he did it intentionally. Mine is, based on the circumstances of Lambert diving to knock the ball forward and his body turning there really was no time or option to analyse the situation in depth when your task is to tackle the player. Unless you can categorically show a player's intention it's a dangerous game to play to suspend players on assumptions. It was a pretty straight forward case to adjudicate imo.

There was plenty of time to roll to the side and make contact body on body rather than knee to head. If Cameron's reaction time is that slow that he couldn't have turned, then he wouldn't be playing AFL.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It was a practice game
Next to the boundary line
Lambert didn't have possession - was knocking it on
Cameron showed no duty of care

Astbury could have cleaned him up a couple of times but chose not to

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
There was plenty of time to roll to the side and make contact body on body rather than knee to head. If Cameron's reaction time is that slow that he couldn't have turned, then he wouldn't be playing AFL.

Agree 100%. Even when you are falling on a player it's pretty easy to adjust your body slightly to avoid impacting with knees or elbows. If you choose to. Cameron didn't.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Can you imagine for even one second if that was a tiger player that did that.

You know who, would call it as the head being off limits at all times, careless and intentional. Would therefore get 2 to 3 weeks.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
It was a practice game
Next to the boundary line
Lambert didn't have possession - was knocking it on
Cameron showed no duty of care

Astbury could have cleaned him up a couple of times but chose not to
This. Exactly.

Practice game, ball already over the boundary line. The dog Cameron didn't even need to contest.

Michael Christian shows the same amount of logic and feel for the game as he did in his playing career - zero.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I have watched the replay at least a dozen times, Cameron could easily avoided the contact, I am certain that he deliberately dropped his knee into Lambert.

Reactions: 1 users

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Cameron dropped the knee, simple.
Should have been reckless as a minimum and at least 1 week if not 2 - the AFL were meant to be getting serious with concussions.
Didn't mean to quote above but reckon if it was Towner doing this last year to an opponent (Lever or Crouch etc.) most would say it was 'clumsy' and 'e plays tough.' Cameron's the same for mine. Makes them earn it, made a one or two bad ones during his career. I'd have him at Richmond playing like he does in a heartbeat.

Mycotchinrules

Mar 17, 2014
Didn't mean to quote above but reckon if it was Towner doing this last year to an opponent (Lever or Crouch etc.) most would say it was 'clumsy' and 'e plays tough.' Cameron's the same for mine. Makes them earn it, made a one or two bad ones during his career. I'd have him at Richmond playing like he does in a heartbeat.
Rubbish.

Towner played hard, but fair. Smashed blokes when it was in play. And always wanted the ball.

Cameron is a sniper. And what's worse, is he always does the "hey bloke, get up, you ok, I need to win the Coleman"

Has history. Will do it again .

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Towner never dropped the knee

Mycotchinrules

Mar 17, 2014
Sorry to keep banging on about this Elmer. It just pisses me off. Coleman medalist in a fabricated AFL team and you don't get suspended.

Same as ablett last year. It was like he was TRYING to get suspended.

The inconsistency of the MRP is infuriating

Cameron is a seriously talented player - he doesn't need to drop knees and elbows. I don't get it.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
one or two bad ones during his career.

2012 striking Clinton Young - not guilty
2013 running through Jason Johannisen ending his season - not even charged!
2014 striking Dylan Grimes - reprimand; misconduct on Grimes - fine; rough conduct on Jarryd Roughead - 1 week
2015 front-on contact Kyle Cheney - fine
2016 rough conduct on Rhys Mathieson (broken jaw) - 4 weeks
2017 striking Scott Thompson - fine
2018 kneeing Will Schofield - fine; elbowing Harris Andrews (bleed on brain) - 5 weeks
2020 kneeing Kane Lambert - not charged

Protected mongrel.

Reactions: 9 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
I have watched the replay at least a dozen times, Cameron could easily avoided the contact, I am certain that he deliberately dropped his knee into Lambert.
Give away for me was when he thought he was in trouble and tried to help him up after it. Most guilty players do that when worried.

Reactions: 2 users