Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Is it part of being a plastic tough guy, going against his nature? Is it thuggery? Is it like a serial killer’s fascination with his victim? Is it a weird ritual thing? I don’t know.

My cat has the same look on its face when it is playing with a mouse it has just sliced open.

He is a plastic tough guy, you look at every incident he injures someone they are always in a vulnerable position playing the ball. He is an elite talent but an elite *smile*.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Common sense prevailed. If incidental contact in those types of incidents are reportable get ready for half the league being reported. Accidents happen when players fall to the ground. It was clearly an accident. I just hope Lambo is fine for Round 1. I think he will be.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Common sense prevailed. If incidental contact in those types of incidents are reportable get ready for half the league being reported. Accidents happen when players fall to the ground. It was clearly an accident. I just hope Lambo is fine for Round 1. I think he will be.
Why did he go to ground? He didn't have to, Lambert wasn't taking possession. He slid knees first because he knew he could hurt Lambert as part of a "football" incident. He struck the jackpot by knocking him out. The guy is a *smile*.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Not a accident.
He has a track record of going fot the cheap shot.
In perfect conditions, with the ball going over the boundary line, he decides to slide with his knees to get the ball??
*smile*.
Knee was pointed straight at Lambos head.
If joe blow did the same thing he wouldve been suspended.
Christian is worse then the Gesh..

Reactions: 3 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Its been confirmed by MRP that you can now knee a guy in the head and that does not constitute a reportable offence FFS..

• Angry

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Could clearly have avoided the contract and he has form. Guilty. But can understand him getting off.

Reactions: 1 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Could clearly have avoided the contract and he has form. Guilty. But can understand him getting off.

The problem is the pattern. He carries on after he could back out. He drops his body, and his knees in long after he could have shifted his weight to avoid the contact. And he does it all the time. His form should have counted against him. He may not have intended to get Lambo in the head, but definitely intended to make late contact and put some hurt on him.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Why did he go to ground? He didn't have to, Lambert wasn't taking possession. He slid knees first because he knew he could hurt Lambert as part of a "football" incident. He struck the jackpot by knocking him out. The guy is a ****.

Because he was trying to tackle him as you would expect him to do. I know the guy has history but to call every incident a purposeful act no matter how unlikely is wrong. There is no way if you watch the incident at normal speed anyone can consider it intentional. Most agree, only HC Tiger supporters don't.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Because he was trying to tackle him as you would expect him to do. I know the guy has history but to call every incident a purposeful act no matter how unlikely is wrong. There is no way if you watch the incident at normal speed anyone can consider it intentional. Most agree, only HC Tiger supporters don't.

And Robbo. And plenty others in the media who thought he could be in trouble.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Cameron dropped the knee, simple.
Should have been reckless as a minimum and at least 1 week if not 2 - the AFL were meant to be getting serious with concussions.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
And Robbo. And plenty others in the media who thought he could be in trouble.

Not the way I read reports (and majority of reports came from the same source). Most thought it would be looked at (makes a great headline too with Cameron involved) which is pretty obvious when a player is concussed but very few thought he would be suspended. I just watched it again in normal speed. No way he intended to hit him in the head with his knee. Lambert fell to ground to whack the ball forward and his body turned as Cameron fell over the top of him. Incidental contact as it was adjudicated.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What's the difference between not deliberately aiming a knee to a head vs making no effort to avoid contact when the end result is concussion?