Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Main reason for my post was listening to Jayden Short earlier. .... like many others at the club, the man they follow is K. Lambert.
Thinking this is his final year is really sad on a number of levels.
His footy IQ and his professionalism will probably see him head hunted outta the tiges come seasons end, so I reckon we need to appreciate every single moment he has in the yellow and black!

Heard it too. Hopefully Lambo stays with us as development coach as we let too many go to other clubs now.

Great to hear Shorty's still learning and wants to keep playing midfield. He can only get better into 2023 onwards.

Also sounds like Bakes will stay going by Short's tone of voice.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Main reason for my post was listening to Jayden Short earlier. .... like many others at the club, the man they follow is K. Lambert.
Thinking this is his final year is really sad on a number of levels.
His footy IQ and his professionalism will probably see him head hunted outta the tiges come seasons end, so I reckon we need to appreciate every single moment he has in the yellow and black!

100%, we cannot lose Lambo's influence around the club, must keep at Tigerland to inspire and educate future generations, his impact on many of our current players has been profound.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Was so sad to see Lambo play in such a restricted manner.
I reckon it was about 5 mins after coming on there was a low ball on the wing and it looked like he wanted someone else to pick it up and feed him.
I get the feeling he is ok with running in straight lines but any bending over for low balls or at ground level etc is really painful for him.
Was so sad to see.
Almost needs to be mothballed for Finals (if we make it that is) for one last shot at it.
Maybe play Freo or Bris then mothball.
Really feel for him not being able to play as he once could.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Ridiculous comment by Balme, Stewart lined Prestia up. To be honest though, if Balme did sound off about how the penalty wasn't harsh enough they would have just brought up Southby's broken jaw.

As for the comment about a send off rule - less power to officials and more to players - couldn't agree more.

DS
embarrassing balmey..show some growth
appropriate comment would have been..
"whoever defined that act careless & not intentional needs to explain to under age footballers"

Reactions: 1 user

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Balme using reverse psychology again. Opposition should never relax for one minute when he is involved.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Was so sad to see Lambo play in such a restricted manner.
I reckon it was about 5 mins after coming on there was a low ball on the wing and it looked like he wanted someone else to pick it up and feed him.
I get the feeling he is ok with running in straight lines but any bending over for low balls or at ground level etc is really painful for him.
Was so sad to see.
Almost needs to be mothballed for Finals (if we make it that is) for one last shot at it.
Maybe play Freo or Bris then mothball.
Really feel for him not being able to play as he once could.
It didn't appear that playing sub suits him.
Wasn't explosive or full of energy that you,d want in a sub.
Is it that he needs to warm up and build into a match?
Maybe it's not the role for him

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Sad to see such a consummate footballer like Kane merely a shell of previous seasons. You can see the desire, drive and the vision but the body is saying no. As others have said, we should pull out all the stops to keep him at the club to help develop our kids and teach them what professionalism in the game is all about

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Was disappointing to see him unavailable after half a game last week. Will we see Lambo again? You have to wonder.:cry:
Bloody sad to see him struggling. Half a game after Dusty went off n I think he could only manage 3 or 4 possessions n now he's out again. Reckon the poor bugger is cooked unfortunately.
Not a bad career overall, considering he got overlooked for 5 or 6 years. 120 games n three flags, certainly made the most of his opportunity once he got a look.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Not a bad career overall, considering he got overlooked for 5 or 6 years. 120 games n three flags, certainly made the most of his opportunity once he got a look.
Understatement of the year. Crucial part of our success. A gun at his best. Amongst the most respected (the most respected?) at the club.
A fit Lambert would have seen us too 4 right now and a huge chance for a 4th flag.

Reactions: 5 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I've spent less than a week with hip bursitis. Lambo is an absolute legend attempting to play with a degenerative hip issue.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
So Lambert never for drafted. Neither did Baker.
Yet Dow, RCD etc were stars in TAC cup footy? Recruiters what do they actually know. Apart from obvious guns
It’s a guessing game

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
So Lambert never for drafted. Neither did Baker.
Yet Dow, RCD etc were stars in TAC cup footy? Recruiters what do they actually know. Apart from obvious guns
It’s a guessing game
Recruiters/talent scouts are all Capt Obvious when it comes to young talent. They know nothing more than what anyone else sees, but they talk the lingo and impress people with meaningless insights. Frauds

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
I guess will play a farewell game and that's it.

Off the top of my head he's played about 1 quarter in the past 5 weeks or so.

Reactions: 1 user

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I’m gonna miss this bloke. The team will miss him even more.
Bloody little champion, unheralded, but a champion

• Love