Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

He said he'll be around (development coaching) at the club in the presser.

I wanna see his announcement to the players. Still haven't seen Caddy's one.

Has osteoarthritis. Can't cut toenails, do up shoelaces, get in and out of cars......bloody hell.

Reactions: 10 users
Epitome of the Richmond Man.
Dusty isn’t the same player without him.
We aren’t the same team without him.
Smart as a whip & as hard a worker as you’ll see.
We will miss him enormously from a team perspective but can guarantee it wont be the last we see of him in footy. A career in coaching beckons.
I wish him nothing but every god damn success.
Thank you for everything Kane Lambert.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
"I developed a very strong bond with Shorty who was an 18 year old kid who couldn't stop talking, and I was a little bit apprehensive"

:mhihi

Reactions: 4 users
Outstanding career, outstanding person.

Gave hope to all those kids who don’t get drafted first up, or second time, or third tim, that it is possible to make it with hard work and dedication.

All the very best Lambo.

Gun!

Reactions: 5 users
Sad to see him forced to retire. Love him, so smart, such a hard worker and great team man. Just instilled confidence having him out on the ground. So many memories, My favourite: 2 last Q goals right in front of me, surrounded by Port supporters, at the Adelaide Oval in the 20 PF. It all happened in slow motion, seemed too perfect, too good to be true, but it was true! :cupgold.

Also saw him getting coffee in a very quiet Rundall Mall the morning of the game, with Dylan, Kamdyn, and Tom, they were all so cool and calm, I was confident from then on, Kane gave me the thumps-up.

He made me so happy.

Never forget it.

Reactions: 15 users
I know we should always say our greatesf moment was the birth of our children or the day we got married....but to honest " Lambert..OH YES YES YES YES " 2017 grand final call by bruce mckiveney..is right up there

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Sad news indeed. Loved Lambert. Hard working, unpretentious, loved by all his team mates. It was his unselfish role that made Martin's gameday performances even better.

Hope he sticks around.

One of my favourite ever Richmond players. Such a hard worker, the ultimate team player. Just a quiet soft spoken professional.
Was instrumental in all our grand finals and will never forget that goal he kicked from the pocket against Port in the Prelim.
All the best Kane, a legend of the RFC.

Humble. Hard-working. Three-time premiership hero. Played in 7 games this year and guess what, we won every single on of them. Irreplaceable.

Good luck for the future Kane!

A real Richmond man A tiger legend Always one to put the team before himself
Will be sorely missed
Best of luck best wishes for the future
:cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

Probably one of our biggest losses in regards to leadership and the right attitude around the club and the exact person you want to build a culture around. MUST be kept around the club as a development coach.
Would be very happy if the club went out and found another Lambert type mature aged mid with thr right attitude

Reactions: 4 users
Gun.

Was told by some impeccable sauces that if the “Skip” didn’t want to be Captain 4 years ago Lambert would have got the job, so is the high regard he is held in .

This season I think shows the impact he has on our team

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Every time we needed to lift he came through.
Our opposition underrated Kane for so long and they paid for it. That Port game will ever live in my memory.
Thank you Kane, al the best for the future.

BTW Great farewell speech too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just watched his farewell video.
Magnificent person is Kane.

Reactions: 2 users
Unfortunately this was always going to be the outcome with Kane this season.

The pain and suffering he would be going through are not worthy of playing, the club is nigh on done for the year and its time for Kane to be acknowledged for the wonderful and critical servant of the RFC that he was.

Team man and one of the most important players in our side for numerous reasons none more so than he allowed Dusty to do Dusty things.

Was hard watching Kane try this year, poor bugger couldn't bend, and had lost his agility and speed. Yet he tried to do his part.

His last game highlighted his plight more than the others.

No doubt the club and Kane were trying to keep his fitness to enough of a level to play him every 3rd game or so but its clear that was not going to be a viable option.

The man gave his all physically and mentally for the RFC. Its his time to be honoured by the club, his team mates and the Tiger Army.

Thank You Kane enjoy your retirement.

Get him in a role RFC.
huge kudos to the champ for giving us memories we hold dear to our hearts.
he is the epitome of the Richmond man mantra.
Keep him at the club . Make him VFL coach next year.
Might be the Tigers next Premiership Coach :cupgold

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry to see him hang up his boots but as he says the time was right. For me he has natural leadership attributes and except for the intervention of fate, he would have made a great captain of our club. We will miss him on the park but as long as he is round the club especially in the development area I will know our future will be in safe hands

• Love