Who will be our next Captain? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who will be our next Captain?

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
With Nank out for a lengthy period I wonder if the club will name a Vice Captain for Friday nights game.
A bit to chose from in Jack, NV and Dusty. And Lynch and Meatball when fit.
Looking to next year and beyond however I'd suggest a younger player who has always performed pretty well, and over the last few seasons has consistently been one of our best.

A gentle introduction under Grimes would allow both parties a look at what the future may hold.
No 17.

Reactions: 1 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
M. Pickett...for a hundred reasons!
What a fantastic team we would be with Pickett as captain.
It would make the stomachs of the AFL silvertails churn .
How proud would we be as Tiger fans ...think on it. Win win.
Should get Grimes and Nank to step aside now.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bakes would be an inspirational captain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tom Lynch. Not only is he an experienced AFL Captain, and has the right mindset to lead, but it would also annoy the living *smile* out of the AFL Ecosystem

Reactions: 6 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I'm for Lynch. I think he should be captain now.

Reactions: 8 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Castagna wouldve been the obvious choice
Now he is gone the cupboard is bare.
No to Graham he wanted out

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Are we talking stand in this year or future captain 2024?
Err, The Chimpah, anyone?

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Are we talking stand in this year or future captain 2024?
Err, The Chimpah, anyone?
Great great leader, but guess he would prefer to focus on his own game.
Thinking the present situation allows us a choice of going for someone who will be gone in a year or two or trying out someone who might demonstrate a capacity to lead well into the future. We are rebuilding and maybe this should cut across many decisions that have to be made.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Maybe, but maybe retirement will beckon and he wont be around for a period before Nank returns?
If we're talking future, I'd change from next season and give it to Jacky G......or any other leader that we can't see from outside. As some said, maybe Lynch would be best to captain again.

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Daniel Rioli

Form
Temperament
Respected by all
Jumper 17
… and so much more!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
TF. What I was trying to suggest is that maybe the plan is for Cotch to retire after reaching 300. This could easily fall before Nank is ready to return, (if he will return at all this season). If such a gap were to occur that would cause a further problem with associated media comment about Cotch. No thanks.
Jack Graham is a good contributor but into the future, we should be looking for a great player or someone near to that level.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
TF. What I was trying to suggest is that maybe the plan is for Cotch to retire after reaching 300. This could easily fall before Nank is ready to return, (if he will return at all this season). If such a gap were to occur that would cause a further problem with associated media comment about Cotch. No thanks.
Jack Graham is a good contributor but into the future, we should be looking for a great player or someone near to that level.
Doubt Chimp would retire right after 300. Probably at season's end to help the club as much as he can. I like the look of Banks in the VFL as a leader but still hasn't debuted.

Reactions: 1 user