Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

A Richmond champion. Embodiment of the Richmond Man ethos. Smart, clean, diligent, relentless. I was a doubter in his early days, never was more happy to admit I was hopelessly wrong. I love him. What a magnificent contributor to the club, hopefully with more to come as a development coach.

Reactions: 18 users
I worked at the club when he was drafted, and I remember one day after one of his first training sessions, big Ivvy pulled me aside and was like "who is this guy?" coz in the match sim he was exceptional and roving all Ivvy's hit outs like he had been there for years

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
What a champ. Been doing it his whole career. When we were beating the dynasty hawks in H&A he was the catalyst.

Prelim clutch goal against PA fanstastic.

First goal in 2017 prelim loudest roar I have ever heard.

Just kept getting to where the ball was or was going to be.

Reactions: 14 users
A humble champion. He never gave up on his dream to play afl. We were the major beneficiaries of giving him his chance.
Repaid the faith in spades.
We we’re a much better team when he took the field.
Its incumbent on the club to find a coaching position for him. A great role model.
Well played Kane, you have given us so many memorable moments to enjoy

Reactions: 9 users
What a humble champion of our club he has been.

I loved his first big game for us when he put Carlton to the sword in the last quarter of a round 1 game at the G. I thought we had a player then.

Only positive is we will now have the cash for Rioli and Baker.

Reactions: 9 users
A true champion and warrior. We are truly blessed to have had you in the club. Thank-you Lambo, you are the embodiment of the Tiger premiership era. :clap2:clap2:clap2

Reactions: 11 users
The only tragic part of his career was how long it took him to get a chance at AFL. Fantastic player and by all accounts a decent person too.

Favorite memories would be watching him bust his nut trying against the odds in the 2015 EF against North. Got noticeably bigger after that season too. The other, happier memory was watching him (and a few others) just go to work on the Crows in the 2017 GF. Pretty sure he finished that game with more kms covered than any other player and a few exhausted and dejected opponents in his wake.

Reactions: 10 users
The role player who proved himself to be more than a role player. Played an incredibly important role of the high half forward linking defence to attack but was also a really good onballer in his own right.
Underrated goal kicker as well
Who will ever forget the “yes yes yes” from Bruce when he kicked that goal in the 3rd quarter of the 2017 grannie ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Nah they said they are gonna give him a crack at finals should we make it.

If we get to a point where that becomes unlikely/impossible, they'll probably trot him out for a farewell game alongside Edwards.
Welp this aged poorly.

Congrats Kane, absolute legend and we're a poorer team without you.

EDIT: To word that better, we were a far better team having had you.

Cheers :)

Reactions: 7 users
IMHO second only to Dustin in weight of massive finals moments. We don't win the 2020 Prelim without him. We just don't.
A Richmond folkloric legend.

Reactions: 11 users
No better way to retire than be named with these 5 words in front of your name:

Three-time Richmond premiership player Kane Lambert has announced his retirement......

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Retired.

Absolute Star. Adored him. Kicked critical goals in every one of our biggest finals.
Agreed.
I love the guy like a brother - and dont even know him. Just have so much respect and love for him.
I have missed him all year on the ground and will miss him terribly.

Please Richmond, offer him a development role or something meaty so he can stay and help the young boys to become better people and footballers.

All respect to Kane.

Reactions: 7 users
Get him in a role RFC.
huge kudos to the champ for giving us memories we hold dear to our hearts.
he is the epitome of the Richmond man mantra.

Reactions: 5 users
A Richmond champion. Embodiment of the Richmond Man ethos. Smart, clean, diligent, relentless. I was a doubter in his early days, never was more happy to admit I was hopelessly wrong. I love him. What a magnificent contributor to the club, hopefully with more to come as a development coach.
Great post Spook.

He defines Richmond Man. I love him too.
God, I have missed him all year - and will miss him. Pls Benny offer him a role at Richmond that respects him and what he can offer.

Dimma's tribute is a good one:

“What Kane has given us since he arrived at the footy club can never be repaid, but it can be learned.
“Dedication, resilience and all the things we talk about needed to get the best out of yourself, this man has done it.

“The way he played the game; we changed things based around him and how Lambert would do it. Watching him on the field is like a masterclass for an AFL coach.

“Kane has given us success, but he has also given us some of the off-field stuff that is going to last a long time.”

Reactions: 13 users
Absolutely, have to keep him at the club in some capacity.
He has IP that can't be lost from the club.

Reactions: 2 users
a true Richmond man
thanks Lambo ............I have enjoyed watching you ..........gave everything every game!!

Reactions: 1 users
the club has just posted a little 2.20 min video of Kane's best.
Love it.

Reactions: 1 users