Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Been a down year by his lofty standards, but when we needed him he puts in a match winning contribution. Well done Lambo. Vroom Vroom.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I thought he looked a lot better this week, popped up here and there and delivered when it counted.

He is so valuable when playing well.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Timing is everything. Kane missed the bus to the ground but thankfully he made it by 3/4 time.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
my god.

kane has played 20 minutes of good footy in 2020

and he delivered us from evil.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Yep, one thing Lambert can do is kick clutch goals as a crumbing forward. Even when he's not in best form he offers a lot more than his depth player replacement would.
That is where he should live next week 10- 30 from goal....at the bottom of every marking contest.
He is shot, can barely bend over, but will be a 3 flag hero and then can go and get the operation or rest he needs.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Timing is everything. Kane missed the bus to the ground but thankfully he made it by 3/4 time.
I said to day we aren't better and probably below 2019 aslambert Rioli and Castagagna had poor seasons ..... Kane comes through with two Mach winners Dan halves every contest and George...uh uh uh...

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Thank you Kane. You've had an ordinary year this year; by your own lofty standards. I wanted you out and Caddy in this week. In the first 3/4 quarters I believe that was justified.

But in the last quarter you stood up like a champ and delivered us victory. I am eternally grateful.

Well done legend!

Reactions: 6 users

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
2 dead-set clinch goals in the last quarter sealed the match for us. :clap2

Saw that he had both calves on ice after the match. Hope he's going to be ok next week.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Gez that second was class from boundary line.His difinetly nursing something to good of a player.

Reactions: 1 user

Darth Tiger

The Sash is Back
Nov 24, 2004
Victoria
2 dead-set clinch goals in the last quarter sealed the match for us. :clap2

Saw that he had both calves on ice after the match. Hope he's going to be ok next week.
Ice on both legs for the achillies condition that he is still managing.
Hasn't been able to do the base load running for his normal 14.5km game distance at 50% intensity.
Shorter quarters have probably helped him be on the park this year.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Clearly struggling. Few times he couldn't bend over and just kicked it off the ground. Wouldn't surprise he does the team thing and makes way for some one else this week.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Clearly struggling. Few times he couldn't bend over and just kicked it off the ground. Wouldn't surprise he does the team thing and makes way for some one else this week.
Despite the last quarter heroics he is playing injured. There would be a hundred posts in here about playing injured in a GF. Can he be pumped up for one final effort?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Despite the last quarter heroics he is playing injured. There would be a hundred posts in here about playing injured in a GF. Can he be pumped up for one final effort?
Going to be a dilemma playing ‘injured’ player (s) in a GF.

Would love some extra pace against the Cats.

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
I guess it depends on the injury a little bit. If he's played with it for several weeks and can still contribute then he should play. If it's something that he could aggravate or it was a soft tissue injury that could put him out of the game early then he shouldn't.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Did he make it worse this weekend? If not then he showed that deep in the last, during a really hot and contested final, Lambert still has the presence of mind and body to win the game for us.

Reactions: 3 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I hope so. But a kick off the ground was very symbolic as he can barely bend over and he was the man on the spot for the dob free.
I love Lmbert but he is way down on impact this year.
Our loyalty should be to the team, the club, not an individual. Hard calls have to be made to win a flag. No room for sentiment.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Depends how he pulls up over next day or so. They have an extra day's break which helps and the team will only train lightly anyway. Playing these matches will keep him fit enough and Dimma won't change the team if they all get through this week. We need his experience and decision-making in tight more than his leg speed.