Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Don't worry balooga - they'll play slow and controlled, we'll pressure, they'll screw up, fast break into our forward line.
I think the humid conditions will advantage us more than them. Their game is control - precise kicks and marking. Ours is all about chaos, get the ball to ground and push forward any which way we can.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Not good as recently we seem to be bombing high long balls into the forward line. Just what these lumbering tall defenders want.
Those long bombs frustrate the hell out of me at times.

Though i like the strategy recently where either Dusty or Bolton are playing high forward at centre bounces, and when we win the clearance they roost it deep into the forward line.

With the 666, it doesn't give the intercept markers time to float across because they are still manning an opponent.

Riewoldt has been knocking the ball on with out even trying to mark it at times. I reckon this tweak is really going to click in on Grand Final day, the lumbering Cats defence won't know which way to look.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Bomb it in long with the dew and we may well be able to crumb goals.

As TBR pointed out weeks ago, bombing it in long is all about getting the ball deep forward so if we do lose possession it is a long way to their goal. I think a lot of teams bomb it in long now because the half forwards are so well covered by the opposition defenders. The option of passing has become too much of a risk with so many intercept marks being taken by all teams.

You keep hearing comments about football being a territory game, bombing it in long gets you a lot of territory.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Bomb it in long with the dew and we may well be able to crumb goals.

As TBR pointed out weeks ago, bombing it in long is all about getting the ball deep forward so if we do lose possession it is a long way to their goal. I think a lot of teams bomb it in long now because the half forwards are so well covered by the opposition defenders. The option of passing has become too much of a risk with so many intercept marks being taken by all teams.

You keep hearing comments about football being a territory game, bombing it in long gets you a lot of territory.

DS
Yep - the key is to prevent their backs from marking. Maybe as important as marking it ourselves. It's why I don't mind the idea of a Caddy for Lambert swap - Caddy more effective against the tall Cats backline.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Don't worry balooga - they'll play slow and controlled, we'll pressure, they'll screw up, fast break into our forward line.
Yep - that's the plan. I was amazed how much time and space they got from collingwood and brisbane.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yep - that's the plan. I was amazed how much time and space they got from collingwood and brisbane.
Not sure .
Both sides have changed aspects of how they play.
Cats- faster ball movement.
Tigers- clearance adjustment .

Cats forward set up a lot stronger especially if Dangerdive plays Forward..

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure .
Both sides have changed aspects of how they play.
Cats- faster ball movement.
Tigers- clearance adjustment .

Cats forward set up a lot stronger especially if Dangerdive plays Forward..

When Clangerfield went forward in the second half of last years prelim, he did us a huge favour. The ball rarely got down there.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
When Clangerfield went forward in the second half of last years prelim, he did us a huge favour. The ball rarely got down there.

Yeah I’m not sure what the big beat up is about Dangerfield going fwd recently. He has been doing this for years now. He only stayed the majority of the game down there against Collingwood because it was basically a training drill. I agree if he plays more time down there that’s a win for us.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yeah I’m not sure what the big beat up is about Dangerfield going fwd recently. He has been doing this for years now. He only stayed the majority of the game down there against Collingwood because it was basically a training drill. I agree if he plays more time down there that’s a win for us.
The media keeps on banging on that he didnt play forward against us in Round 11. He spent a fair bit of time up forward in the second and third quarters.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
That pick up off his toes at full speed that led to Prestias goal in the third quarter was brilliant.

• Love

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
On sports Sunday .

spoke so well.

‘Haven’t seen Dusty, but I’m sure he is feeling a bit dusty’

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Not his best season, but came good in finals.

Hopefully can get his body right next year and can get back to 100%. Such a great little player.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Gez you can count on him in those clutch moments had a few in the finals get him fully fit for 2021.