Kane McAuliffe | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane McAuliffe

Regardless of if he makes it. He is the right type of footballer for us to draft. A powerful fast midfielder who loves to tackle is a great start.

Hopefully our development department, including Kane Lambert can get him playing some good football.

Reactions: 6 users
Yze seems socially awkward in these calls. Had he forgotten McAuliffe's name when he spoke to Fawcett?
“So Adem, act totally natural like no one else is in the room and ring Kane..remember to ham it up for the cameras but act natural”

Reactions: 2 users

Top National Draft Combine Results​

20m sprint
1st: Aiden O'Driscoll - 2.871 seconds
2nd: Will Graham - 2.915
3rd: Caleb Windsor - 2.916
4th: Lance Collard - 2.923
5th: Kane McAuliffe - 2.930
6th: Zane Zakostelsky - 2.954
7th: Phoenix Gothard - 2.963
8th: Taylor Goad - 2.965
9th: Eion McElholm - 2.993
10th: Harry DeMattia - 2.996

Standing vertical jump
1st: Zane Zakostelsky - 80cm
2nd: Will Graham, Phoenix Gothard and Mitchell Edwards - 78cm
4th: Kane McAuliffe - 77cm
5th: Darcy Wilson - 76cm
6th: Riley Hardeman - 75cm
7th: Jack Delean and Taylor Goad - 74cm
9th: Aiden O'Driscoll and Caleb Windsor - 73 cm

Running vertical jump
1st: Darcy Wilson - 98cm
2nd: Zane Duursma - 97cm
3rd: Will Graham and Kane McAuliffe - 95cm
4th: Mitchell Edwards and Zane Zakostelsky - 94cm
6th: Aiden O'Driscoll and Caleb Windsor - 92cm
8th: Riley Hardeman - 91cm
9th: Cooper Simpson - 90cm
And ran a sub 6.30 2km TT. Word was he carried a bit of an injury all season but once he had a break he came to the combine fully fit and showed his true form.

Reactions: 3 users
Is that good?
Yeah, it’s good.

Interesting pick is McAuliffe. Has size, speed, power, aggression, can find a bit of the ball and looks okay when disposing of it. I wonder what the catch is here? Guess we’ll find out when the games start next year.

Reactions: 1 users
Regardless of if he makes it. He is the right type of footballer for us to draft. A powerful fast midfielder who loves to tackle is a great start.

Hopefully our development department, including Kane Lambert can get him playing some good football.

Not forgetting that we now also have hard nut Jack Ziebell on our coaching panel, hopefully both Lambo & Ziebell can impart some midfield wisdom.

Reactions: 12 users
“So Adem, act totally natural like no one else is in the room and ring Kane..remember to ham it up for the cameras but act natural”
Some dude called Hardwick took about 5 years to turn into the press conference showboat we knew.

Yeah, it’s good.

Interesting pick is McAuliffe. Has size, speed, power, aggression, can find a bit of the ball and looks okay when disposing of it. I wonder what the catch is here? Guess we’ll find out when the games start next year.
Possibly a Jack Graham type, what you see at age 18 is what you'll get at 25 and the same at 30. Maybe not a lot of improvement left?

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
I like the fact that he left home at 14 & moved to Adelaide to improve his chances of making an AFL list.
Shows me that he's got a lot of determination to succeed. I don't think we need worry about his attitude.

Reactions: 10 users
This kid runs in straight lines and can deliver. Hopefully a Michael Long type midfielder. I’m very hopeful.

Reactions: 1 user
No swiping on grindr (as I understand). Everyone gets a Bunnings sausage th

Yze seems socially awkward in these calls. Had he forgotten McAuliffe's name when he spoke to Fawcett?
Not much for these calls! What's a kid supposed to say, or in Yze's case, the conversation is pretty one dimensional. It's all for the fans i guess, but maybe Yze could have trown a herring in there and said "Your plane leaves in 18 minutes, make sure you're on it"!

Then we might have got a first hand look at McAullife's 20m 3.08 sprint getting down to the absolute elite 2.8

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
What if he used grindr ?
I was asked to drop into a Christmas BBQ of one of my clients last year and one of their crews came in from their last job to join the festivities. (4 guys in their early 20's). There were a few gayish remarks being make to one of them by the others. Then the others got into conversation about their Tinder experiences, and this 4th dude starts going on about his Grinder date from the previos night. Let's just say he was the receiver and wasn't shy about getting into heavy description.

It's a different world to the one i grew up in. It put me right off my sausage!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I was asked to drop into a Christmas BBQ of one of my clients last year and one of their crews came in from their last job to join the festivities. (4 guys in their early 20's). There were a few gayish remarks being make to one of them by the others. Then the others got into conversation about their Tinder experiences, and this 4th dude starts going on about his Grinder date from the previos night. Let's just say he was the receiver and wasn't shy about getting into heavy description.

It's a different world to the one i grew up in. It put me right off my sausage!
You're not a man until you've had a man, well thats what i heard

• Wow

Not sure if you've seen the movie Bad Neighbours (I thinkt he below reference was in the 2nd one), but Garf said "Sometimes you have to suck a *smile* to know you don't like sucking *smile*".

I also like the reference around Grindr in the 1st movie. Something like, "Yeah I'm on this app called grindr, I've run into a lot of guys so far, but I'm sure I'll match with some girls soon"

• Haha
you sure he ran that time, I thought that was Fawcetts time

I think they both ran 2km times that were very similar.

Just checked, Fawcett ran 6.38. I think I read somewhere that McAuliffe was about 6.24 but can't find it.

Each to their own, but if that's the case then this little black duck would rather stay a boy!

I don't know if i came across as homophobic in my previous post. Maybe i am to a degree in the sense that it does make my skin crawl just to see two guys kiss, but that's because i'm at the extreme spectrum of hetrosexual, and not because i have any hatred towards gays if that makes sense.

Actually, typing this post has now put me off the word spectrum for some reason. I'm still trying to figure out why!