Kane McAuliffe | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane McAuliffe

Very exciting for the Tigers to have a quality looking young midfield winner.

Put him in the ones next week no point leaving quality juniors that can impact the medium- and long-term future as opposed to those that won't.

My biggest fear is that if the lad is a genuine ripper, then the Crows definitely will come for him if they get an opportunity.

Hopefully we see him soon ideally next week he has attributes that are lacking in our midfield set up.

Reactions: 2 users
Very exciting for the Tigers to have a quality looking young midfield winner.

Put him in the ones next week no point leaving quality juniors that can impact the medium- and long-term future as opposed to those that won't.

My biggest fear is that if the lad is a genuine ripper, then the Crows definitely will come for him if they get an opportunity.

Hopefully we see him soon ideally next week he has attributes that are lacking in our midfield set up.
And hopefully the fact the Crows passed on him multiple times means he’s less interested to go there! I remember reading he boarded from a young age as well, far away from home, so hopefully home sickness isn’t a factor

Edit- ok not that far away, a handful of hours lol but means he’s used to living away from home

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Was that round 1 VFL?

Yeah, way beyond 'above the level'

RFC clearly know theyve found one.

Ive got a few footy miles on the clock and an eye for nuance (yes, and a volcanically fertile imagination),

And i could see in the body language, vibes, interactions with teammates and staff,

That they know theyve probably found a citizen clayton oliver who will debut next week, and go onto captain the club.

Theres no lid going on this kid.

Hes a Real deal steal with sex appeal would keep his feet on a banana peel

Pure mid too. I think he debuts as ruck rover next week, and stays there for 250 weeks

:banana:banana:banana
its happening.gif

• Love
im going to put on a Zydeco Jump CD,

shake a heroin margarita,

and make up a new dance,

like its 1999.

*smile* I love footy. I thought I didn't, but I do.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Our highest ball winner with 31 disposals, (15 kicks/16 handballs), 6 clearances, cheeky goal. Only topped by Naismith on AFL fantasy due to a large number of hitouts to advantage.
Ridiculous on debut when you consider how many players we have in that team who are fighting for their AFL careers in 2024.

Praying the selection committee bring him immediately in for Dow or the injured Prestia. Kids built solid too, looks AFL ready.

One quick question, especially considering he is only young and recently drafted - how's his tank? At AFL level he could run out of puff.

That said, put him in and manage his minutes on the ground if he needs to get fitter, that will come with time, age and training.

Sounding good to me.

DS

I loved this kid for south australia last year and hoped to god somehow we drafted him i never thought it would have been at 40 he was Sa's best mid. Kid is doing exactly what he did in sa racked em up with class

agree.

the kid served his apprenticeship, paid his dues, bidded his time, developed slowly, learnt a role, understood how we want to play

by about the 18 minute mark of the first quarter.

*smile* im happy.

Young Kane hunts the ball, hits packs at full speed, tackles, kicks searingly with his left, puts teammates in space with hands, leads, works hard, is always where the ball is and where its going next.

trading down into 2024 four (4) times and then grabbing him at 40 could be Matt Clarkes finest moment.
How’s Clarke playing Russian Roulette with our future Captain? Or is that Blind Man’s Bluff?
He’s got bigger balls than Liam Baker

• Haha
  • Love
One quick question, especially considering he is only young and recently drafted - how's his tank? At AFL level he could run out of puff.

That said, put him in and manage his minutes on the ground if he needs to get fitter, that will come with time, age and training.

Sounding good to me.

DS

caesar posted he ran a 6.20'sh 2km, which is average for an 18yo mid.

he seemed to spend a lot of time on ball, attended most CB's.

had 13 of his 31 in the first quarter.

its a good question.

my eyes say he's ready, but they'll look at his GPS data closely.

I wouldn't want to nurse him on a high HFF. think it would stifle him.

hes a pure inside mid, who runs and spreads and creates.

kind of a quick Tim Tarranto, with a nasty streak, who can kick

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
How’s Clarke playing Russian Roulette with our future Captain? Or is that Blind Man’s Bluff?
He’s got bigger balls than Liam Baker

astounding in retrospect.

if I knew what I knew now, I would have smashed my computer and had a divorce and a heart attack at pick 36

• Love
caesar posted he ran a 6.20'sh 2km, which is average for an 18yo mid.

he seemed to spend a lot of time on ball, attended most CB's.

had 13 of his 31 in the first quarter.

its a good question.

my eyes say he's ready, but they'll look at his GPS data closely.

I wouldn't want to nurse him on a high HFF. think it would stifle him.

hes a pure inside mid, who runs and spreads and creates.

kind of a quick Tim Tarranto, with a nasty streak, who can kick

Thanks, sounds good.

I agree that we should play inside mids . . . in the midfield (who'd have thought that was a good idea?).

Still young, might want to regulate time in the middle, maybe some time on the bench and possibly at half forward if he needs a rest. But definitely the focus on playing him in the centre (to use the Australian Rules term!).

DS

Just got back from game
If he and Sonsie aren’t playing next week there is something very very wrong at punt rd
Kid is class

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks, sounds good.

I agree that we should play inside mids . . . in the midfield (who'd have thought that was a good idea?).

Still young, might want to regulate time in the middle, maybe some time on the bench and possibly at half forward if he needs a rest. But definitely the focus on playing him in the centre (to use the Australian Rules term!).

DS

I wouldn't be outraged if he struts in the VFL for a month?

but id stick him straight in the ones in the guts.

I really think he'll be a revelation.

he looks a ruck rover, in old bloke speak

astounding in retrospect.

if I knew what I knew now, I would have smashed my computer and had a divorce and a heart attack at pick 36
The biggest roust since we left Jack Riewoldt on the table for 4 agonisingly long selections.
Imagine outsmarting ourselves and losing a generational talent like Jack attempting to be too clever?
Thinking about it now, this has Francis Jackson’s name all over it.
I wouldn’t have the stomach for it. I would have called out his name like I had Tourette Syndrome