Kane McAuliffe | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane McAuliffe

I like the kid and he can play , Has weapons but they need to be honed
Will be a player just need to get him to 50 games

Considering we got Freo & Eagles 3rd rounders this year plus Kane McAullife for #35
Fantastic result

Reactions: 8 users
Enjoyed watching KMac2
He waxed and waned with Dusty.
Beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Loved the look on his face when he hi-5'd Duz after passing the ball for Duz's 1st goal.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
A big thanks to Kano for grabbing the ball and dropping the knees when tackled from behind as we FINALLY got a PITB free from it. This is nowhere near PITB but as many other players do it, we should start too. Any way to keep stooging these dumb flogs who can't see the bleeding obvious.

Reactions: 2 users
His positioning around stoppage is very good, he just seems to know where to be which is a great trait. He was absolutely knackered towards the end of the game, so some work on his endurance in the off season could see him take his game to another level next season.

Reactions: 7 users
Hés somewhat unobtrusive at times even when he's involving himself and winning the footy.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree he positions well, seems a reasonable disposer by hand and foot

A little slowmo is my only early negative observation

A long distance shot last night and the way he moved made me think I was watching Kane Lambert.
Just for a second it all seemed so familiar.

A little slowmo is my only early negative obobservation
He ain't slow, he can appear to be such. Must be a conditioning/fatigue factor? He chased and caught Hind, both Hind and McAuliffe tested elite in the 20 metre sprint.

He ain't slow, he can appear to be such. Must be a conditioning/fatigue factor? He chased and caught Hind, both Hind and McAuliffe tested elite in the 20 metre sprint.
The slowmo thing for me is the way he moves and disposes but not necessarily foot speed.

I feel like a quick disposal for him is a half second slower than others.

Or if he needs to get his arms up to evade a tackle he’s just a little slower than most getting them up. Might be on my own

The slowmo thing for me is the way he moves and disposes but not necessarily foot speed.

I feel like a quick disposal for him is a half second slower than others.

Or if he needs to get his arms up to evade a tackle he’s just a little slower than most getting them up. Might be on my own
I reckon it's probably just a lack of experience, should improve once he adjusts to the speed of the game. Has played what 2 full games?