Kane McAuliffe | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane McAuliffe

Doesn't look out of place and the underground handball to Dusty was the quickest of thinking.

Just got to build a tank, can't be done quick. But what he already has is composure in traffic.

Draft mids. It's that simple.

Reactions: 7 users
Looks slow to the naked eye. So does Cripps.
He has speed in reserve, uses as much as he needs to avoid a tackle and pass to a team mate. Other players like Cumbo go at full speed all the time which can work against them, causing poor disposal and missed shots at goal...last qtr.

Reactions: 2 users
No one has mentioned his tendance to hoist 50 mt. bombs rather than hit up targets. Most of these bombs were picked off by the Essendon defence.

Will take his game to the next level if he lowers his eyes and hits up shorter targets.

Reactions: 4 users
No one has mentioned his tendance to hoist 50 mt. bombs rather than hit up targets. Most of these bombs were picked off by the Essendon defence.

Will take his game to the next level if he lowers his eyes and hits up shorter targets.

He did that a couple of times, but across his few games he's also showed his ability to kick darts. I think its a composure issue that he will get with more experience. I have more concerns with the exact same sort of bombs (though he doesn't get 50m) from Dow. He has shown little ability by foot to be more aggressive with quality kicking. I don't really have too many concerns with McAuliffe in this, as I say reckon its a composure thing that he will get as he plays more games.

Reactions: 5 users

This bomb and pray kicking tactic has been with us all season and as we have no height to speak of in out forwards, it is easy pickings for the opposition. My concern is, we keep on doing it game after game hoping for a different outcome. It is the definition of insanity

The kid had the biggest smile on his face after Dusty kicked the goal - he knew he was going to be included in a Best of Dustin Martin collection for eternity.

I can't imagine what a buzz it would be at that particular point in time when Dusty has just celebrated a brilliant goal with you. One that you had a direct assist in.

The stuff of dreams.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Played a brilliant first half. But naturally faded away.

Keep playing him. Get him another preseason under his belt and these fade outs will disappear.

Reactions: 10 users
Played 69% game time. Was on and off a lot in 2nd half and there was mention he was sore. First half was enormous with little support, 10 contested possessions.

He broke a line tonight. Ran right through it. He's quick and strong. He can do it again.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Good first half with 14 p. Died in the atse in the second with 2 p. More games and preseasons required.

Good first half with 14 p. Died in the atse in the second with 2 p. More games and preseasons required.
Mighta got a contact injury, Harry. But yeah. Did drop out of it. We'll be finding out plenty over the next few months.

Reactions: 1 user
He will be a jet.
It's his work experience week this year.

For someone with such limited experience at AFL level, he sure looks good on the ball and running patterns. A lot to like about his game and more importantly right no, his attitude. Another one for our future as his experience grows.

Reactions: 3 users
Yep, kids definitely got game, all we gotta do is get the motor run in properly without popping a valve or blowing a piston n we'll be able to sit back n enjoy the ride.

Reactions: 1 user
When the A graders come back I’d play him ahead of Dow.
Problem with Dow is he does seem to have footy smarts and can find the football but he gets pushed of it too easily fumbles a lot and loses possession often. When Ooze talks about us getting first hands on the football but losing the clearance count this kid is a big contributor to this stat. He will never be a Dusty type hulk but needs to seriously work on his core strength and spend a whole preseason in the gym. You look at someone like one of my all time Favourite Players in the Late Shane Tuck he was no hulk but he was strong great core strength could break tackles. You can't have kids bodies playing against men.

Reactions: 1 users