Keep Ross in the team support group (KRITTSG) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Keep Ross in the team support group (KRITTSG)

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Only for Ross fans, and only for debate around why he should keep playing

Example: v Essendon he gets 21 touches and a goal. Ross should keep playing.

Reactions: 8 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I’m in. Ross does not deserve to be dropped. People underestimate just how badly the injury in 2019 affected him, and then Covid messed up his opportunities to show his wares in the VFL and therefore impacted his senior opportunities.

Reactions: 5 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Should he be resigned - absolutely.

Where does he sit within the squad - well he is building.

2022 has seen him leave Dow and RCD for dead but is now competing against Sonsie.

Does he have a long term future at the club - yes, does he have a place in the 22 this finals series - not so sure - can see Graham pushing him out unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Still a work in progress. Would re-sign him but he needs to be more inside unless we can get an inside bull from somewhere else. We need players who can run through the clearance contest and gather the ball, also player who stop the opposition when they do that. Centre clearances are a major worry, he needs to be contributing to fixing that.

Can he be the player who helps fix our clearance issues? Not sure, but the potential is there.

Persist.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Really good game last night, some terrific vision going inside 50 at times, composed enough to look up and make the kick too. 14 score involvements was immense.

Oh and the goal he kicked, I didn't know he was capable of that.

Plenty to like.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Has been using the ball so well in more recent games - definitely has put some work in on that part of the game. The progress has come with through decision making rather than skill, so that's encouraging too.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Really impressed with his game last night
You wouldve impressed playing last night.
For Ross to get to the next level. His biggest issue he dosent get to contests often enough.
Pressure and chasing is still a issue too.
I would 100% play him but I've got a feeling He and Sony will go out for Graham and Martin.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

A little depserate don't you think Jack?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I am a big fan of Ross but with Dusty coming back he is the logical one to make way. I hope he stays in the team but odds are stacked against considering he was first out last time.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I want in on this thread. Rate him, is a young bloke, shows poise and kicks beautifully and get in good spots. Like all players has deficiencies, but he should be in. Makes the most of opportunities.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Should he be resigned - absolutely.

Where does he sit within the squad - well he is building.

2022 has seen him leave Dow and RCD for dead but is now competing against Sonsie.

Does he have a long term future at the club - yes, does he have a place in the 22 this finals series - not so sure - can see Graham pushing him out unfortunately.
Lambert gone, Shedda pretty much cooked n gone at seasons end, Cotch gets one final year if he wants. Dusty???? n Presty nearing the old fart twilight zone. Why is he competing with the Sonz??? We're gunna need both of them big time, they're future n need to be playing in our finals run.

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

So you only want 1 side of a debate? That's not a debate.

Strange sentiment. If Ross is dropped he'll be stiff. If you haven't got players unlucky to be dropped running into finals, you probably won't win finals.