Kellaway brothers need a good look in the mirror! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kellaway brothers need a good look in the mirror!

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
And face the reality they are both not up to it and are prime exponents of negaitive, boring, stupid and ugly football.
Both have no skill and absolutely no football brains. They get the ball, are confused, go backwards or sideways and their skills are an absolute disgrace to the game.
Its about time someone at that *smile* club tapped Chubba and Dudcan on the shoulder and give them a gold watch!
Good riddans!!!

Good look in the mirror, I think they both had 8 kicks and 8 handballs each.
Maybe they "WAXED UP " together. he he ;D

Duncan was a good player before this modern era game eventuated. He obviously lacks in areas where it's too important to be lacking in this day and age, and hence he will retire at seasons end.

As for Andy, his creativeness and versatility let him down, kicks a little average (but I think people go way overboard when bagging his kicking) but that's about all the negative I would say about him.

He reads the play well, is one of the best marks in the competition, his hands are good enough and he very rarely gets beaten as a HB or FB.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him win or come close to winning our Best and Fairest this year, which, even in this VFL standard list, is a fair effort.

I would say good riddance to 20 others before singling out AK.

You're a very hash man diggler.

Andrew Kellaway has been given the best foward each week to man up.

He gives away height every week, but he is a real battler for us.

Fair enough, he didnt set the world on fire, but dont judge Andy on one game. Last week he was one of our best on the field. He did an excellent job on Lloyd.

As for Duncan, injuries have certainly taken its toll on him. Two knee reconstructions in two years. Duncan has been a real champion and given his all for the club. He may retire at the end of the season, he may continue on. There is no way Duncan is match fit, its certainly showing, but whom else will you put in ?

I just hope every Richmond support remembers the great games Duncan played for us, there are many, many of them.

Duncan's great games? Name em. Except for 1995, he hasnt done anything creative since.
I'd love to see his highlites package?

Duncans had heaps of great games (heaps of them after 1995 too).

If other players, played with the courage and heart of Duncan, we wouldnt be sitting 12th on the ladder. His given his all to the club.

nwonash said:
If other players, played with the courage and heart of Duncan, we wouldnt be sitting 12th on the ladder. His given his all to the club.

Agree with you again mwonash, but I think his time has come. I would like to keep him employed at the club, but his playing days are over.

All this from the same buffoon that called Coughlan a dud! Look, Duncan is clearly gone, but Andy is clearly one of the best players in the AFL.

(but Andy is clearly one of the best players in the AFL)

Surely you have smoked to many cones in your life!

All-Australian defender my friend.

PS. You mean "too" not "to". According to a recent article in 'Nature', excessive marijuana intake impairs spelling ability.

Here here Diggler, I saw the game on Sunday and Duncan Kellaway played with his usual lack of skill and helicopter passes and as far as Andrew goes when he gets the ball he stops and goes round in circles. No Im afraid I agree get rid of them both.

Tigerblood said:
According to a recent article in 'Nature', excessive marijuana intake impairs spelling ability.

Wot wuz that agin. Did we loose? Oh no why do I spell so poorly? ;D

Anyway you guys are ridiculous bagging the Kellaways. Andy will be top 5 in the b&f and has had an extremely consistant season. Can't blame our woes on him.

Duncan is the heart and sole of the club. Pity others didn't put in as much effort and care so much. 16 possessions and 3 tackles in a defensive role, how does that compare to someone like Blumfield with 1 kick and 5 handballs?

Get off their backs. Hopefully both will still be there next season and Richmond Football Club will be better for it too.

Diggler,

you are a total tool!!

Duncan is stuggling and it would be in his best interests to retire, but if he wants to go around again he would get a chance on my list before the likes of Houlihan, King, Bidders, Mills etc etc. His future will depend on our gains and losses come trade time.

As for Andy Kellaway, he did make some bad decisions yesterday but he would well and truly coming under consideration for All-Australian selection again this year. He has saved us many times and without him our backline would be a far lot worse.

For me, this one is simple:

Keep Andrew. Dump Dudcan.

Andrew's kicking isn't that bad. Sure he makes the odd mistake, but not so many as to carp him before other players like Fiona, Stegasaurus etc. And he's played a lot of good games for us in defence never the less. His courage is unquestionable and he has negated some important opposition forwards. He'd be a lot better with a decent tall beside him as well.

Dudcan is just infuriating. I like his courage, but he is just so immensely underskilled that I can not understand how he even got to this level of football. He served up yesterday what he's been serving up for 12 years: turnover after turnover with absurd skills. He directly cost us 3 goals yesterday by missing targets by a mile.

Half agree with you Diggler. Duncan is completely finished as an AFL footballer and IMO was finished at least 3 years ago. His courage, guts and determination have long been outweighed by his abysmal skill level, in particular his kicking. Yesterday everyone where I was sitting was screaming at him to handball (he's not even very good at that) when he got it, and whenever he did kick it everyone started pissing themselves laughing at under 10 level of his kicks. Quite simply, he hurts Richmond more than the oppostion with his possessions. Unfortunately his type of player is the reason RFC has been confined to years of mediocrity. Our tough players are not good enough and our good players are not tough enough.

Disagree about Andy Kellaway. Whilst he is prone to an absolute *smile* up once in a while, and he was ordinary yesterday, he is generally pretty reliable and his kicking is much maligned only because he's Duncan's brother. He is also a victim of always having to play on much bigger players, particularly when Gaspar is injured and that lemon Holland continues to get hammered by his opponent every week because he's so crap.

There are much greater problems at our club than A. Kellaway. Holland is one, Bowden another, Frawley probably the biggest but I discovered yesterday a recruiting decision that rivals the infamous Fiora before Pavlich incident.

How we could use a pick in the 40s to draft Billy Nicholls is just staggering. This guy was just pathetic yesterday and has been all year. He is fat, slow, extremely unskilled and a squib. He could only muster 6 games in 2 years at Hawthorn but we think he's worth our 3rd pick when there's tons of 18 year olds still available????

I don't know who made this decision but I presume it was a combination of Beck, Frawley, Hutchinson, Miller etc. All of the above will again be responsible for our recruiting this year. When you consider they also drafted Fleming who's not much better, we are in massive trouble. :-[

Make no mistake, less than 16,000 people yesterday, recruiting disasters set to continue, a coach who is a complete fool and a football loser; the RFC is staring right into the abyss! Get the tins ready.

For AK the season has 1 main purpose. To get fit and be selected as Goalkeeper for the international Rules series.
Mark my words even if he is not All Australian they will find a way of getting him in as GK.
Garry Lyon's selection motto is AK for GK.

Totally agree with you Rids. How the hell did we pick up Don't be a Hero, Lemming and Sniggering and squander our draft picks ???!!!! That is another prime example of just how inept our football club is. I just don't think people realise the depth of stupidity and lack of off-field talent that exists at RFC !!!!

I wrote on this web-site back way back in November my disgust at our performance during the trade and draft period. The first time I saw Lemming at training I nearly ran onto the ground to vent my anger. Geez, All Australians were selected after him and Hero !!!!

Beckwit, Splud, Brittania, Crutchy... and now Harry M signing up absolute losers like Fiona for two more years.

Geez, what hope have we got ?