Kicking the Football | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kicking the Football

Interesting stats for us.

Tylar Young stans out big time. 12.5% contested defensive losses. Most spoils (by a long way).
I think teams are working Bakes out a bit defensively, in that they are lining bigger players up on him. Sydney seemed to have Hayward on him a fair bit last week (Haywards 186cm). Melbourne might not be able to expose him as much with his height as I expect him to be on either Chandler or Pickett.

View attachment 18939

Actually these stats are great, I didn't realise these existed. This is for stoppages.

I think we'd all expect this from Nank. Elite at HO's and above average for Hit out win % but below average for Hit out to advantage. Interestingly enough, its good to see Ryan's stats. Above average for Hit out to advantage and elite at winning taps. Small sample size but good to see how this changes over the coming weeks.

View attachment 18940

BTW this is our defensive group last year. Broad as we all know is a massive loss. Elite at spoils and a 17% contested defensive loss rate is outstansing. Look at how far Grimes as fallen away though. 12.5% last year and 27% this year. Balta has dropped away. I think a lot of this is due to the mix. Tarrant took the big guys last year and all of our defenders have had to move up 1 to offset.

1681876899854.png

Reactions: 1 user
I keep coming back to this thread..
How do we challenge teams when our kicking is sooo bad.
The best teams are moving the ball quickly by foot with accuracy.
We seem to fluke a quarter here or there where our ball use is good but it's waay too inconsistent to sustain it for a full game with our current personnel.
Our turnovers are killing us.

Reactions: 4 users
I keep coming back to this thread..
How do we challenge teams when our kicking is sooo bad.
The best teams are moving the ball quickly by foot with accuracy.
We seem to fluke a quarter here or there where our ball use is good but it's waay too inconsistent to sustain it for a full game with our current personnel.
Our turnovers are killing us.
It needs to improve drastically. Dimma hasn’t really focused on it much, because it wasn’t a factor when our pressure, drive it forwards by any means possible game was overwhelming opposition. The game has shifted a little, and we’ve failed to move with it.

Caught up with Ben Crowe today.
Asked him why our kicking skills have deteriorated so badly.
He reckons nothing to do with skill level. Said our confidence is shot.

Reactions: 1 user
BUMP!

Cost us yet another game tonight. We are *smile* butchers. Our skill level by foot is an embarrassment.

Reactions: 1 users
A pretty heavy article on kicking efficiency stats:

Very good article, the ABC come up with these every few weeks, some quality analysis and shows there is a fair bit to develop in looking at Australian Football and sorting out some better stats.

DS