Leadership group | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leadership group

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
Players voted at the resent training camp and leaders would have been selected, but they are taking their time announcing the group. Judging by some contributors dialogue on this site, we know that Batch ( whom I'm related to by marriage) and Hampson are shoe ins but who are the remaining candidates that make up the group?

pervian

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 12, 2007
Our leadership groups are crap . Rance , Jack, Cotchin, prestia, Houli should do it

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Bullarto Tiger said:
Hampson and Batchelor in the leadership group ... serious??

Assume he means the VFL leadership group...even then, big call!

Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt should be in. Will be interesting to see what they do with Prestia. VC to Gaz at GC, should be in our group too but will he have had time to win the support of the group?

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
Screw the whole 'leadership group' rubbish. Captain and vice captain only. And concentrate on playing some decent football instead.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
What about Sheds & Houli !! Sheds was there last year so are they going to dump him.

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Rance and thats it.. he can do it all. I still dump cotchin as capt too, tho that won't happen now he was given a charlie over the summer.

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
Article in the Hun (Yes, I know) about Riewoldt and the leadership group. The gist of it being that he's not in the leadership group but wants to take a leadership role anyway. Huh?

Now I can see why we are such a *smile* club. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Instead of playing football, the playing list is more interested in being in the leadership group. Maybe that's what Dimma means by a 'game plan'. What he's really referring to is whose in the leadership group that week. He places a list on the noticeboard each week showing who made the 'leadership group'. :mad:

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Suspect the playing list wont vote him in because he is full of home truths. Not too many young blokes like having reality pointed out to them.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
1eyedtiger said:
Article in the Hun (Yes, I know) about Riewoldt and the leadership group. The gist of it being that he's not in the leadership group but wants to take a leadership role anyway. Huh?

Now I can see why we are such a sh!te club. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Instead of playing football, the playing list is more interested in being in the leadership group. Maybe that's what Dimma means by a 'game plan'. What he's really referring to is whose in the leadership group that week. He places a list on the noticeboard each week showing who made the 'leadership group'. :mad:

Concur. Tigers are soft in the underbelly . The problem lies at the top of the group then when the going gets tough on the field a meltdown occurs ( Dimma against Porters & Vickery, Conca episodes). Time for Tigers to toughen up with first step Balme Dimma appointing captain & vice. If Cotch lost the captaincy he would just have to suck it up.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Tigaman said:
Concur. Tigers are soft in the underbelly . The problem lies at the top of the group then when the going gets tough on the field a meltdown occurs ( Dimma against Porters & Vickery, Conca episodes). Time for Tigers to toughen up with first step Balme Dimma appointing captain & vice. If Cotch lost the captaincy he would just have to suck it up.
One point I disagree with is the obliteration of cox by Ty. I actually thought that would be a turning point for us.
We knocked out Bambi, the team soaked up the barrage from the eagles and feral crowd, put them off their game and stole the 4 points on the big stage.
More of that please. We were hated by the entire comp.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
zgod said:
Suspect the playing list wont vote him in because he is full of home truths. Not too many young blokes like having reality pointed out to them.

Jack said he was part of the unofficial leadership group. And not being in the official leadership gave him more time to be able to hang around and influence the young blokes.

I'm glad it's clear in Jacks head.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Heard numerous times from blokes that have known Jack since his teens that its all about him, now I've never met the bloke and he is definitely one of my favorite players, the fact WE supporters and even media to a lesser degree base our opinions on snippets when these blokes basically live together for 12 months of the year and don't consider those votes as a discussion, rather Dimma has it in for him or whatever is the flavor of the month..

Now before i get howled down i love Jack, im also fine with the group nominating the leaders, the fact he has missed based on PURE players votes does suggest he doesn't have the bond with the group that he does with the media. The guy is a star and bleeds Y&B and i love him, but all this hard done by rubbish and its our clubs fault is absolute BS..

Personally my opinion is the Selection committee should then chose the C and VC from the votes on the leadership group...

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
According to Hardwick:

"The fact of the matter is Jack's leadership has improved every year. Whether we've got leaders above him or beyond him, we've only got a certain amount of spots for leaders. We don't have a large leadership group. If we have 10 then he's probably in, if we've got five then it's probably touch and go."

Probably in the top 10? :help

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-coach-damien-hardwick-wants-to-make-richmond-great-again-20170223-gujo6o.html

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
According to Hardwick:

"The fact of the matter is Jack's leadership has improved every year. Whether we've got leaders above him or beyond him, we've only got a certain amount of spots for leaders. We don't have a large leadership group. If we have 10 then he's probably in, if we've got five then it's probably touch and go."

Probably in the top 10? :help

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-coach-damien-hardwick-wants-to-make-richmond-great-again-20170223-gujo6o.html
Clearly selling Jack very short and quite a divisive and unnecessary put down that can hurt team morale. Probably still smarting after Jack's public crit about our game style a few year's ago. Time for Hardwick to go.