Leadership group | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leadership group

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
tigermike said:
Clearly selling Jack very short and quite a divisive and unnecessary put down that can hurt team morale. Probably still smarting after Jack's public crit about our game style a few year's ago. Time for Hardwick to go.

Dimmer shouldn't have said that. Just shows that he is still prone to the odd stuff up in front of the cameras.

Jack must have seriously pissed off Dimmer previously, and it seems from the outside that he still can't let go.

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005
Who are these 5 leaders who are better than Jack?

If I were Jack, I would be really insulted by Dimma's attempt at ranking our potential leaders. It's not his job and he was foolish to become involved in this discussion with the media.

I'm hurt on Jack's behalf.

How about Dimma gives Jack some encouragement and acknowledges the passionate contribution that he makes each week,

Sometimes leadership selection becomes over complicated when experts are consulted. The natural leaders are usually staring us in the face!

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Hardwick's comments about Riewoldt and the leadership group seem very unnecessary and negative about a great footballer at RFC who bleeds Yellow and Black.
Interesting to note, though, that Riewoldt, if my old eyes weren't fooling me, was sitting next to Hardwick (Cotchin was on the other side) in the team photo. Ccould Riewoldt in fact be named vice captain?

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. Let's wait until the RFC board has debated religiously over several meetings involving external consultants, voted on and agreed to the formation of the 'leadership group selection committee' first and notwithstanding OHS, we see what their recommendations are. Maybe, just maybe, if we're really *smile* lucky, they'll have a leadership group selected for the 2020 season. Following that, they might find time to get around to selecting the next 'chicken *smile* removal manager' who can then hold another series of meetings to select the 'chicken *smile* removal team', which by all rights should come from the then current senior playing list and in particular, the leadership group. That's if they've selected one yet!

The RFC really is a shambles.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
1eyedtiger said:
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. Let's wait until the RFC board has debated religiously over several meetings involving external consultants, voted on and agreed to the formation of the 'leadership group selection committee' first and notwithstanding OHS, we see what their recommendations are. Maybe, just maybe, if we're really *smile*ing lucky, they'll have a leadership group selected for the 2020 season. Following that, they might find time to get around to selecting the next 'chicken sh!t removal manager' who can then hold another series of meetings to select the 'chicken sh!t removal team', which by all rights should come from the then current senior playing list and in particular, the leadership group. That's if they've selected one yet!

The RFC really is a shambles.

hahah what a load of *smile*, shambles ??? why ?? because we havent named the leadership group & its February

get a grip

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
No mate, because when it comes to the RFC, that's all that's being talked about in the media for weeks. Any decent organization would have dealt with this months ago. They knew the playing list right after the draft. And then they could have gotten back to the business of, you know, PLAYING FOOTBALL! But oh no, all we get is talk of leadership group this, leadership group that. We deserve to be ridiculed and laughed at.

They are simply incapable of getting their *smile* together.

And some around here question why some of us have HAD ENOUGH and don't bother buying memberships anymore. Maybe because there's too much *smile* and not enough FOOTBALL.

E

easy_tiger

taztiger4 said:
hahah what a load of sh!te, shambles ??? why ?? because we havent named the leadership group & its February

get a grip

:fing32

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
1eyedtiger said:
No mate, because when it comes to the RFC, that's all that's being talked about in the media for weeks. Any decent organization would have dealt with this months ago. They knew the playing list right after the draft. And then they could have gotten back to the business of, you know, PLAYING FOOTBALL! But oh no, all we get is talk of leadership group this, leadership group that. We deserve to be ridiculed and laughed at.

They are simply incapable of getting their sh!t together.

And some around here question why some of us have HAD ENOUGH and don't bother buying memberships anymore. Maybe because there's too much *smile* and not enough FOOTBALL.

Months ago? Wow I'm gutted we're on a similar unprofessional level as Sydney and Geelong when it comes to announcing leadership groups. It didn't realise 23 Feb was the cut off date. West Coast announced theirs yesterday btw...

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
1eyedtiger said:
Maybe because there's too much *smile* and not enough FOOTBALL.
Seeing as the footy doesn't start for a few weeks yet, there isn't really anything bar *smile* going on at the moment. Hardly any need to get all antsy n start shouting just because the club hasn't met your time frame or selections of possible leadership personnel.

Pretty sure that Jaaack will continue to be himself n provide his usual involvement and leadership regardless of being presented with a shiny badge or fancy title.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Some on here are getting their knickers in a knot and need to calm down. RFC is not the villain here. According to Neil Balme the new guy who has taken over our leadership program had been overseas until recently and this had delayed the process of selecting the leadership group.

Mappa

Tiger Superstar
Jul 3, 2009
taztiger4 said:
hahah what a load of sh!te, shambles ??? why ?? because we havent named the leadership group & its February

get a grip

Well said Taz

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
So who's in the leadership group for tonight's game? Maybe they draw straws. And people here wonder why we are so *smile* at the start of the year. Maybe part of it's because none of the players know what the *smile* is going on because the groundwork hasn't been done yet. Select a leadership group. A simple, basic task. How long do they need? At this rate, Hard-on will be gone before the leadership group has been selected.

And as for one person going on holiday stalling the whole process. Well I hope the bloody boot studder doesn't go on holiday. They'll be playing in their SOCKS. That's if any of them actually put on their own socks. Maybe the guy who does that is on holiday too.

Decades of *smile* people. Ridicule me all you want. Whatever makes you feel better. Too many soft *smile* here making up excuses.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
1eyedtiger said:
So who's in the leadership group for tonight's game? Maybe they draw straws. And people here wonder why we are so sh!te at the start of the year. Maybe part of it's because none of the players know what the *smile* is going on because the groundwork hasn't been done yet. Select a leadership group. A simple, basic task. How long do they need? At this rate, Hard-on will be gone before the leadership group has been selected.

And as for one person going on holiday stalling the whole process. Well I hope the bloody boot studder doesn't go on holiday. They'll be playing in their SOCKS. That's if any of them actually put on their own socks. Maybe the guy who does that is on holiday too.

Decades of sh!t people. Ridicule me all you want. Whatever makes you feel better. Too many soft *smile* here making up excuses.
So carrying on like a pork chop rates you as a boner instead of a soft *smile* then, :partyfest whoopie do.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Quite a laugh some of these old threads!;):)

Who takes Rancey's spot as VC and in the leadership group?
Hope we stick with our current model btw.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Grimes or Flossy I hope.

The combo of a forward, mid and defender seemed to work very well

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Given Shed captained the club for half the season in 2019, he'd have to be a chance. But don't mind elevating Flossy as he seems to have stepped up as the el capitan heir apparent

Reactions: 1 user