The Dee's | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Dee's

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Dee's report $1.5 Mil loss yet CEO Pert says all Ok as Club cash reserves will cover that , even though current Club debt is now $2 Mil. Also Pert reports all on track for better performance in 2020 after finishing 17th in 2019. Better performance no , as I envisage they will finish 18th as Simon should be selling pies than what he is doing at the moment.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Watching Melbourne sink last season was one of the great pleasures in life!

Maybe not as good as catchnig an $11 move with 500 shares on TSLA tonight, but pretty sweet all the same.

2.15am, might be time to catch some sleep!

Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
It took dimma 8 years to turn Richmond around, 10 years to fully embed an amazing sustainable culture.

Stupid to pay one guy millions for 2-3 years and expect that the job was complete. Should have spent the money on finding and developing the next dimma.

Reactions: 2 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
It took dimma 8 years to turn Richmond around, 10 years to fully embed an amazing sustainable culture.

Stupid to pay one guy millions for 2-3 years and expect that the job was complete. Should have spent the money on finding and developing the next dimma.

For us working class oiks, BestDay, what you say makes total sense.

But this is Melbourne.

Their attitude is built from years of living off the family trust fund. Mummy and Daddy will buy them the new Audi when the old one runs out of petrol. Mummy and Daddy will speak to the headmaster about their generous donation to the "school library" and how little Aloyscious' latin exam score might have been a little higher. Mummy and Daddy will save the day. And if the day can't be saved, Mummy and Daddy will just buy a new one.

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
It’s okay.
They can try and cheat the system and the AFL will still bail them out.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Holy Cow, Batman!
And I thought 37 years was an eternity.

I've got a dees mate acquaintance, who was born 3 months after their last flag.... always up and about when they're going ok, right in ya face, smartarse type if ya get my drift?

Sent him a text after the flag .....
Me.... 7 in my lifetime :)
You.... Donuts :rotfl1

Bit rude he's not replied. .... maybe I'll resend it xmas day so he knows I'm thinking of him:))

Ps.... not worried about karma..... I'll be dead before they ever catch up!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
For us working class oiks, BestDay, what you say makes total sense.

But this is Melbourne.

Their attitude is built from years of living off the family trust fund. Mummy and Daddy will buy them the new Audi when the old one runs out of petrol. Mummy and Daddy will speak to the headmaster about their generous donation to the "school library" and how little Aloyscious' latin exam score might have been a little higher. Mummy and Daddy will save the day. And if the day can't be saved, Mummy and Daddy will just buy a new one.
There's some arrogant people on this site with short memories.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Well, we always made fun of the Dees even when we were *smile*.. but yeah, I can detect some genuine arrogance going around on the site now. Pride comes before a fall and all that.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Well, we always made fun of the Dees even when we were ****.. but yeah, I can detect some genuine arrogance going around on the site now. Pride comes before a fall and all that.

One mans banter, even written with a modicum of humour, I suppose can still be seen as arrogant by another.

I imagine many on this site have copped so much crap prior to 2017, that the payback factor has really gone to the next level and are making the most of it until it inevitably ends!

Part of what makes footy culture so great is sitting around with a group of mates and putting *smile* on eachothers team and all having a laugh.... #gotiges

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I'd agree. I think it's the pendulum swinging too far the other way after 37 years of being mocked/laughing stock.

Hopefully it's a very small percentage and corrects itself without the team giving reason to do so..

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Wasn't Roos still taking a lot of the credit in 2018.... :rotfl2

I've always been fascinated with all the Roos love in the footy industry. ... great player no doubt but with no ultimate team success. How he ever became the great coaching guru has me bamboozled!
His coaching mantra was so boring to watch and I went to both those grand finals v west coast and the only reason people rave about them is the closeness of each result. .... if you rewatch them they ain't great spectacles until the end.
Makes our man look like a pretty reasonable coach!;)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dee's report $1.5 Mil loss yet CEO Pert says all Ok as Club cash reserves will cover that , even though current Club debt is now $2 Mil. Also Pert reports all on track for better performance in 2020 after finishing 17th in 2019. Better performance no , as I envisage they will finish 18th as Simon should be selling pies than what he is doing at the moment.

Everythings good everythings fine we are ready to go says the chief.

No pressure on Goodwin this year, if his pea hearted football side snatch it again he likely wont survive.