Leon Cameron quits as GWS coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leon Cameron quits as GWS coach

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
There’s another coach we’ve killed, just need Salty now.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
is this another assistant coach in waiting ? especially is we lose Kingsley

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
what did they say about him - owns a Ferrari, drives it like a Commodore ?

but if a gearbox is sketchy, what do you do ?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Talks of Hird possible coaching GWS.
Surely they are taking the *smile* on that one.

Reactions: 6 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
what did they say about him - owns a Ferrari, drives it like a Commodore ?

pretty good description. Could not get the best out of the talent he had because he played a game plan that didn’t get the best out of them.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
A pretty good coach, but had clearly come to the end of the road. People have dumped on him for being given a Ferrari but building a club and a culture from scratch is difficult and he did a good job of that imo. Only have to look at the Suns to see what the flip side of that coin looks like.

Reactions: 9 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
A pretty good coach, but had clearly come to the end of the road. People have dumped on him for being given a Ferrari but building a club and a culture from scratch is difficult and he did a good job of that imo. Only have to look at the Suns to see what the flip side of that coin looks like.
I won't be surprised to see him back at the Bulldogs when Bevo inevitably skates off into the sunset.
Think he's still pretty tight with all those old heads in positions of power... ie; Grant and Darcy.
That'd spice up the Giants - Dogs war!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If that boring doco-series 18 months ago was anything to go by, he's a suitably unimpressive communicator both on and off the field.

Reactions: 10 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
is this another assistant coach in waiting ? especially is we lose Kingsley
They won't go after Kingsley.
Because he is from Richmond
They will go after Clarkson. Pity Clarkson is cooked. Like Sheedy at GWS, like Malthouse at Carlton and like Pagan at Carlton. It won't last long.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We need to be talking to Green, Tarranto or Hopper..
Taylor would be nice.
Greene would be the best.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
If that boring doco-series 18 months ago was anything to go by, he's a suitably unimpressive communicator both on and off the field.
Agree, should have learnt more from Rocket Eade when he was in the coaches box with him...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, i kept saying to my wife that GWS desperately needed a Neil Balme to settle things down. Leon was under too much pressure and trying to do too much.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Watching Leon's press conference. ... all class. Loved him as a Tiger... hard not to like the bloke!

Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Talks of Hird possible coaching GWS.
Surely they are taking the *smile* on that one.

Robbo is the only one mentioning Hird. I'd rather Hird go back to Essendon. Failing that, he should become the coach of Collingwood, Carlton or Geelong.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Robbo is the only one mentioning Hird. I'd rather Hird go back to Essendon. Failing that, he should become the coach of Collingwood, Carlton or Geelong.

Only in Australia do we have a redemption arc for a deliberate cheat who showed no contrition and wasn't any good in the first place. Must be his nice Disney prince hair. Hird should go into politics.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users