Leon Cameron quits as GWS coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leon Cameron quits as GWS coach

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yeah, nothing happened. All good.

View attachment 15355
Regardless if whether McLachlan has issues, regardless of anyone's views on Hird cheating, why would any club consider Hird for a senior position?
He went from playing to the media to the senior position at Essendon. He achieved no success there before being booted out. Since then he has done no coaching, and only returned to a club this year, on a very part time position in a leadership role.
Any club would be negligent to consider him, and any fan base should be furious if he was appointed.

Reactions: 5 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Any club is crazy to hire him wouldn’t surprise me it's the afl hypocrisy and Sheedy also involved.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Regardless if whether McLachlan has issues, regardless of anyone's views on Hird cheating, why would any club consider Hird for a senior position?
He went from playing to the media to the senior position at Essendon. He achieved no success there before being booted out. Since then he has done no coaching, and only returned to a club this year, on a very part time position in a leadership role.
Any club would be negligent to consider him, and any fan base should be furious if he was appointed.
True, but Western Sydney would be the perfect cartel haven for Jimmy Boy and gang.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Look at this through the prism of the AFL boys club. The AFL likely feels they owe James another go at coaching through their own failings in the drugs investigation.
But if the GWS don’t stand firm and choose their own coach they not worth propping up.
Hird will be a disaster, was never anything but an average coach and that was 7 years ago.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Perhaps your most nuanced post yet. Bravo B17.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Last thing I heard was that Hird was selling chocolate for a living.
Apparently Dimma keen to get him into the box with him

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Last thing I heard was that Hird was selling chocolate for a living.
Apparently Dimma keen to get him into the box with him
Jimmy Boy might be able to sell more medicinal pot by discount to Dimma....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
on the Hird thing - certain factions give him sympathy votes ..

a bit like the carry on when the Druggers won last week - it's a twisted sympathy vote because deep down they know.

i can't stand it