Liam Duggan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Liam Duggan

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I see a few Phantom Drafts have us taking Duggan at our first pick.

Looks like a Matthew Jaensch type to me.

Has great leadership skills but I think we can do better @ our first pick.

Nothing super outstanding, but a solid foot soldier. Given our pick will be possibly 11/12, i really hope Ahearn is available. Now this kid is a smooth moving midfielder.

SkillzThatKillz said:
I see a few Phantom Drafts have us taking Duggan at our first pick.

Looks like a Matthew Jaensch type to me.

Has great leadership skills but I think we can do better @ our first pick.

Agree.

People pigeon hole him as a HBF but he played midfield with stints up forward after the Carnival and had great results. He regularly had high tackle count and multiple goals in a number of BOG performances. I've even heard people compare him to Luke Hodge.

Could do worse at pick 11.

Smoking Aces said:
I think he will be a tiger.

Leadership is a strong point. Let's hope it's not knocked out of him by some of his new teammates

Think we can do better. A true mid either inside our outside would be better. Don't need hbf come mid. A proper Mid plzz

Oh he's a solid foot soldier type eh? Nothing outstanding but has good leadership skills you say.

My guess is every other club would take him at pick 25-30. Watch us take him at 12.

The_General said:
Oh he's a solid foot soldier type eh? Nothing outstanding but has good leadership skills you say.

My guess is every other club would take him at pick 25-30. Watch us take him at 12.

Not exactly. Easy to get that impression but he's a very good player. Just a matter of whether he really fits our needs for me.

Keep in mind he's a December kid too, heaps of development in him yet.

Apparently Brad Johnson gave him a big wrap on trade week radio today. Won the Ben Mitchell medal for leading player at the academy, and he is a big fan of Liam's elite kicking and line breaking skills

Really like the look of Liam he has elite skill and great leadership qualities would say we would be a perfect replacement for Chris Newman when he retires next year.

Watch him on the afl website doing the trick kicks with DeGoey very likely lad !

Reckon he is our man and don't worry peoples the kid can play !!!!

is he a pure mid? we don't need another flanker come midfielder

Harry said:
is he a pure mid? we don't need another flanker come midfielder

If you mean pure as in clearance machine & grunt midfielder then I don't think he is, he has potential to run in the midfield but whether that becomes his primary home remains to be seen.

The_General said:

Yep we have enough of these types. Vlas conca Ellis. This time we must go a different path and not look at the good character leader solid player type. We need some X factor, speed and or brute inside mid types.
Again think we can do better at 12 and get someonr that fills our needs basis

keepa lids onit said:
Yep we have enough of these types. Vlas conca Ellis. This time we must go a different path and not look at the good character leader solid player type. We need some X factor, speed and or brute inside mid types.
Again think we can do better at 12 and get someonr that fills our needs basis

Wouldn't call Ellis a foot soldier. AA squad, 2nd in the BnF. He's an out and out gun.

If Duggan's as good as Ellis we'll have 2 of the best wingers in the comp.