Liam Duggan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Liam Duggan

St Kevin said:
Wouldn't call Ellis a foot soldier. AA squad, 2nd in the BnF. He's an out and out gun.

If Duggan's as good as Ellis we'll have 2 of the best wingers in the comp.

He has very similar traits to Ellis, whether he can reach those heights is the million dollar question. A wingman is a far more realistic assessment of his capabilities.

bullus_hit said:
He has very similar traits to Ellis, whether he can reach those heights is the million dollar question. A wingman is a far more realistic assessment of his capabilities.

Ahern or Duggan? Assuming both are there when we pick.

St Kevin said:
Ahern or Duggan? Assuming both are there when we pick.

Ahern has more runs on the board so I would have no hesitation in calling out his name. His carnival was better & he played a ripper game in the TAC final, he has also been tested at the highest level as a bonafide midfielder. By that I mean winning clearances against quality opposition and racking up impressive possession counts. He can also play as a small forward, we clearly lack that at the moment.

If Ahern is off the board then Duggan seems a likely candidate for our pick, he's got a good tank, a lovely boot on him and the pedigree of an AIS scholarship. If this is how the cards fall then we really need to address our lack of inside grunt with pick 33, there are sure to be some good options, particularly with the SA boys, all of whom have been playing senior football and doing well.

bullus_hit said:
Ahern has more runs on the board so I would have no hesitation in calling out his name. His carnival was better & he played a ripper game in the TAC final, he has also been tested at the highest level as a bonafide midfielder. By that I mean winning clearances against quality opposition and racking up impressive possession counts. He can also play as a small forward, we clearly lack that at the moment.

If Ahern is off the board then Duggan seems a likely candidate for our pick, he's got a good tank, a lovely boot on him and the pedigree of an AIS scholarship. If this is how the cards fall then we really need to address our lack of inside grunt with pick 33, there are sure to be some good options, particularly with the SA boys, all of whom have been playing senior football and doing well.

Ahern and Gore from our first two picks and I'll be very, very happy.

St Kevin said:
Ahern and Gore from our first two picks and I'll be very, very happy.

Yes, that would be a very pleasing haul, add Caleb Daniel with our third and we have addressed some glaring holes in the list.

Liam Duggan stats

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?pID=196040081