List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List Management

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
That's overly optimistic I reckon. We have quite a few holes and might be bottom 3 or 4. Lynch ain't young.
Our major hole is up forward.

Defence set with Balta, Gibcus and possibly Young.

You can build a midfield around Tarranto, Hopper, Bolton and Sonsie.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Our major hole is up forward.

Defence set with Balta, Gibcus and possibly Young.

You can build a midfield around Tarranto, Hopper, Bolton and Sonsie.

Agree. I'm of the view that its not usually as bad as you think (unless you are West Coast).

We look at the defence and a group of Gibcus, Balta, Young, Rioli, Baker and Short take us forward for the next 5+ years. Hopes out there for Brown as the medium.
Midfield as you say of Taranto, Hopper, Bolton and hopefully Sonsie. Add Graham if he doesn't leave this year and its a good base. We need to regenerate our wings, I have high hopes for Banks and we could always look to FA for another, James Jordan is out of contract at Melbourne and played on the wing in a premiership.

Forward is our biggest issue. Mansell was the only young guy we had in our forward line today. Potentially Cumberland and MRJ can make it, but outside of that there is hope from players that haven't played a game yet. Like you, I have high hopes for Seth Campbell but only time will tell on him.

Our biggest deficiency is the forward line, and we need to bring players in that make it better. The backline and midfield have a solid core and we will add around them, but the base is there. The forward line is currently a mash up of players that don't really fit into the other positions.

Reactions: 3 users