Live score updates | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Live score updates

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
PRE has been invited to join up with a new phone ap thingo but we're in 2 minds about it. The only benefit I can see for us is having the live scores during a game. Does anyone here know if/how we could have a live score update integrated into the PRE forum? It would be a great benefit for those who aren't at the games.

With a heap of footy fans into the Supercoach and Dreamteam Rosie, IMO its just as easy launching the HUN AFL Live or AFL.com sites for scores/stats and live SC and DT scores.

Having said that, a live scorebox on the homepage wouldn't go astray for the non-fantasy footy payers and for the live game bloggers.

Personally Rosy, I think there are so media multimedia options available now, that unless you're going to financially benefit from it, it may be more hassle than it's worth.

Freezer said:
Personally Rosy, I think there are so media multimedia options available now, that unless you're going to financially benefit from it, it may be more hassle than it's worth.

I agree with this.

Freezer said:
Yep

Thanks for the replies. :)

There is no profit to be made by me. Discussing the request to join the other initiative got me wondering about PRE is all. There are often people on the game day thread begging for scores. If it wasn't too difficult to show them at the top of the forum I reckon it would have been good. I don't understand these things and wouldn't know if it is practical or even possible to do.

The aps aren't the point of my question. I just wondered, for the benefit of PREnders who post on the forum during games, if there was a way for live scores to be shown on the forum. Seemingly not one of my better ideas. :-[