Users position "sit in the corner" ???? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Users position "sit in the corner" ????

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
as the title says, what is the "sit in the corner all about?

Is it a ban or such?

if so is it temporary? if so how long?

is it a permanent ban?

or is it none of the above.

Once I have an answer I will ask some more questions.

cheers

Sit in the Corner is not a ban. It's a name given to a usergroup where posts need moderator approval before publishing. People in that category can still post normally but the comments don't appear on the forum until approved.

rosy23 said:
Sit in the Corner is not a ban. It's a name given to a usergroup where posts need moderator approval before publishing. People in that category can still post normally but the comments don't appear on the forum until approved.

Thanks for the reply.

Can I ask how one of the most respected posters on this site, who is one of the calmest fairest posters on here got to that stage.

Phar Ace being put in this catagory, just amazes me. I think you would have trouble finding 1 poster on here who has an issue with anything he posts. not sure his post count but he is a long term poster.

unbelievable. And yes I have spoken to him, and he cannot believe he has been given this restriction, although he thought he was banned.

is the phrase "no left " acceptable if "yeah right" isn't.

fairs fair.

U2Tigers said:
And yes I have spoken to him, and he cannot believe he has been given this restriction, although he thought he was banned...

is the phrase "no left " acceptable if "yeah right" isn't.

I don't have a clue what that left right question means.

PharAce is well aware why he is on moderated posts and that he can still post on the forum, and in fact has. It's fair to say is well aware he isn't banned considering he's posted since the restriction. It's not really appropriate for you to discuss his issues publicly.

The restriction is no reflection on post count or respect earned. We are all bound by the same rules. The good thing with moderated posts is that it actually prevents the need to ban posters who refuse to abide by moderator requests.

I'll lock this thread seeing your original question has been answered. If PharAce wants to comment he can contact the Mods but I doubt he will considering it's been discussed by PM already. There is no point others putting in their two bobs worth when they aren't involved and are probably ill-informed.

So you re-opened this thread Rosy and invite me to re-post in it.

Why?

It is a shame some posters have left/been banned in the last few years.

I am sure you agree, surely you don't like banning posters or posters leaving the site who have added a lot to the site over the years?

not sure what was wrong with my post at all.

I even said its important posters post by the rules.

And yes, I don't agree with Pharace being banned, he was a good poster and is a good friend. I know what was said to me and I trust him at his word regardless at what else I may be told.

I still have trouble with why you are baiting me to post on here, unless you want to get rid of me also. but I replied here instead of pm as thats what you wanted.

Anyway it would be a shame to leave, as this is the best Tiger forum site there is.

GO TIGES.

U2Tigers said:
So you re-opened this thread Rosy and invite me to re-post in it.

Why?

Because you've made false claims on this board and also referred to it again on DyerTribe where it's not appropriate to discuss. It seems you're not going to get over it so it's better the truth be told.

U2Tigers said:
I am sure you agree, surely you don't like banning posters or posters leaving the site who have added a lot to the site over the years?

Of course we don't like banning posters and I'm glad you acknowledge that fact. Nobody gets banned if they abide by the site rules and moderator requests.

U2Tigers said:
not sure what was wrong with my post at all.

I am not the mod who deleted your post you referred to but I agree with their actions.

U2Tigers said:
I still have trouble with why you are baiting me to post on here, unless you want to get rid of me also. but I replied here instead of pm as thats what you wanted.

You are not being baited. Same as people don't think less of, or ignore, your posts because they have a higher post count as you mistakenly think.

U2Tigers said:
Anyway it would be a shame to leave, as this is the best Tiger forum site there is

Thank you. You're the only one mentioning you leaving PRE. The mods certainly haven't mentioned it at all.

U2Tigers said:
I even said its important posters post by the rules.

And yes, I don't agree with Pharace being banned, he was a good poster and is a good friend. I know what was said to me and I trust him at his word regardless at what else I may be told.

Your friendship and trust is irrelevant to PRE.

One of you has been dishonest. PharAce, no matter what he told you, wasn't banned as you posted and he was well aware of that fact. He had a message about the actions taken, ie post moderation warning, and he was actually posting which he obviously couldn't do if banned. He was still free to post.

You mentioned above that PharAce was a valuable poster and referred to his post count. I'm sure all the mods agree with the former, the latter is totally irrelevant too.

Fact is Phar Ace had plenty of opportunity to still be a valuable member of this site and he in effect he chose not to.

He had several digs on various threads about a moderating decision he took umbrage with (it was an edited post having a crack at someone's grammar if I recall correctly)

He was asked to discontinue that behaviour and he completely ignored the request.

Seeing he refused to abide by the request he was put on moderated posts so he couldn't continue to spam the forum with his digs. He wasn't banned as you suggest and he had a message about the mod request action.

All of his posts we were receiving for approval still contained smart alec digs about the moderating so of course weren't approved.

He later apologised and said he didn't agree but would abide by our requests so the mod approval requirement was removed. He changed his profile to contain 2 references to refer to being banned each time he posted so he was banned from posting. The mods gave him fair chance to post as requested and have more to do with their time that put up with that childish kind of behaviour. A complete waste of our time.

Yes Phar Ace was a respected member of this site but he decided his own fate.

rosy23 said:
Your friendship and trust is irrelevant to PRE.

It might be to you but it isn’t to me. Why you would even start with that puzzles me. Ignoring it would be better conflict management than being so dismissive towards it. Hes a trusted friend, and trust is a very important value to me, in any part of life, on here included.
rosy23 said:
One of you has been dishonest. PharAce, no matter what he told you, wasn't banned as you posted and he was well aware of that fact. He had a message about the actions taken, ie post moderation warning, and he was actually posting which he obviously couldn't do if banned. He was still free to post.

I may have the timing of the various elements out a bit, but that doesn’t change that from about the time he said ‘Yeah Right’ to Disco in one of RUNVS threads, he has been in the gun of moderated posting or banned. He said he had to wait up to a week for posts to be approved – that’s not freely posting. He was not free to post, so don’t go telling me about dishonesty.

rosy23 said:
You mentioned above that PharAce was a valuable poster and referred to his post count. I'm sure all the mods agree with the former, the latter is totally irrelevant too.

You have history baiting posters and then they disappear with no opportunity to say their case – who will ever know. Not sure the values you talk about apply. Post counts only help to demonstration what a small percentage the problem really is. People might make mistakes but character remains. By saying what you say, you dismiss character completely.

rosy23 said:
Fact is Phar Ace had plenty of opportunity to still be a valuable member of this site and he in effect he chose not to.

Posters can’t choose as you suggest, especially when you have the final say about what they have posted. Once you interpret it as something wrong, that’s it. Phar Ace’s last post is the perfect example. I said to him ‘welcome back mate’ in a general thread, he said ‘thanks mate but still on part privileges here and awaiting the royal pardon’. You’ve decided it was a pot shot yet all it was was a humourous reflection on his current status with PRE. For that he’s kicked out for good! Some choice!

rosy23 said:
He had several digs on various threads about a moderating decision he took umbrage with (it was an edited post having a crack at someone's grammar if I recall correctly)

IIRC it was about Mods saying they would do something that seemed very unlikely to happen. He’s told me about the other time years ago when you shot him for the grammar crack, he’s not on his own on that score is he?

rosy23 said:
He was asked to discontinue that behaviour and he completely ignored the request.

Seeing he refused to abide by the request he was put on moderated posts so he couldn't continue to spam the forum with his digs. He wasn't banned as you suggest and he had a message about the mod request action.

He posted once more and was put on moderated posting as you call it. Most of us here see it as a banning of sorts. Play with all the words you like.

rosy23 said:
All of his posts we were receiving for approval still contained smart alec digs about the moderating so of course weren't approved.

No, not all. A small portion more likely, as I saw posts put up that had been approved. He told me he used some swear words in four or so, believing he was complying with the request by you to not avoid the swear filter but was unaware that the Mods saw it unfiltered. He also mentioned to me that he apologised for that, and that if he had his time again he would act differently at the upset caused.

rosy23 said:
He later apologised and said he didn't agree but would abide by our requests so the mod approval requirement was removed. He changed his profile to contain 2 references to refer to being banned each time he posted so he was banned from posting. The mods gave him fair chance to post as requested and have more to do with their time that put up with that childish kind of behaviour. A complete waste of our time.

Mod approval was never removed apparently. The change to the profile was done long before this he tells me, you simply didn’t notice it for a week or more. He was banned from freely posting still, so the information was correct. That was his status and his profile indicated that, just as you had SIT IN THE CORNER constantly on his profile. If these changes to his profile were a problem to you or the site you should have told him, he did not know, and they are hardly unreasonable when that was his actual status, he could not freely post. If claiming unfair treatment in a very one sided meeting place is childish, thank goodness you don’t run a complaints organisation or conflict resolution. It’s like talking to the hand!

rosy23 said:
Yes Phar Ace was a respected member of this site but he decided his own fate.

He did not - you banned him pure and simple. And for such basic comments as ‘thanks mate but still on part privileges and awaiting the royal pardon’ or words to that effect. You didn’t even give him the courtesy of a response to a couple fairly worded emails he sent seeking the reasons for permanent banning. It is such one way traffic when someone falls out of favour here, as I dare say it has been for the many now missing and may well be with me now. Forget whether he is respected or not, he was a harmless poster. Who did he hurt? Who was offended? I’m tipping no-one. Some things seem easily overlooked for a few, but get others out the door. Sometimes you just seem to want crack peanuts with a sledgehammer.

U2Tigers said:
He said he had to wait up to a week for posts to be approved – that’s not freely posting. He was not free to post, so don’t go telling me about dishonesty.

Your post in general is rubbish.

You wouldn't have a clue. There are 3 mods here to approve posts. I'm not the only one who dealt with Phar Ace and his episodes have been discussed on the moderator board. I welcome them to correct my version of events if they are incorrect. If not you are way out of line.