#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Well Jon Ralph kind of proved today that the herbs and spices is exactly that (accidentally by the way).

There is a show called trading day on Fox, and he was on talking about Gresham and he was saying what Essendon should do (similar thing to what Brisbane did with Daniher that the AFL signed off as ok), sign him for 2 years and pay him $800k as that will trigger BAND 2 COMPENSATION. Hang on, the reported salary of Ben McKay is $780k per year!! How does getting paid less than the Band 2 compo amounts get you Band 1. Herbs and spices? More like crap and *smile*.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Norfe trading their compensation for duds again. What a *smile* club.
Let them die already!
Other clubs have been in the same situation, Melbourne Us Stkilda Footscary but none have been treated and given a leg up these knobs are getting.
The AFL already (if they didnt get the *smile* out of the job) knew pick 3 was going to them.
So why give them pick 20 this year and the 2 end of 1st rounders next year.
It's a joke. I pray this time next year all these kids start walking out to other clubs.
The AFL isn't helping a Carlton or Collingwood they are helping are club noone cares about. Properly the most irrelevant club in the competition alongside GC.

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Hang on, what? Have north already traded the future picks the league said would be subject to review? Surely not. Not even the AFL would do that

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Hang on, what? Have north already traded the future picks the league said would be subject to review? Surely not. Not even the AFL would do that
Actually when they were announced the AFL basically said they could trade them this year (i.e. encouraged them to do so). This sort of *smile* just makes the whole trade period pretty uninteresting to the supporters of the majority of clubs as it is all a massive rort. As someone noted, Saints have won one flag and get nothing - at least we got the flags. I believe also that since 2000 North have made far more final's series than we have and many other clubs.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Actually when they were announced the AFL basically said they could trade them this year (i.e. encouraged them to do so). This sort of *smile* just makes the whole trade period pretty uninteresting to the supporters of the majority of clubs as it is all a massive rort. As someone noted, Saints have won one flag and get nothing - at least we got the flags. I believe also that since 2000 North have made far more final's series than we have and many other clubs.
Bizarre. So the only course of action is to trade them. There is no scenario under which you would hang on to them, so why the review rider? I just can't fathom this north FA compo and assistance. I actually can't get my head around it. Why would the league give them 3 EOFR picks? 3! Thinking from their perspective, which is always *smile* in any case, Wouldn't they think OK North, you'll get a good pick for HM, way too much, you have Wardlaw and Sheezle already, here's 1 EOFR pick? But they decide to give them 3!

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Bizarre. So the only course of action is to trade them. There is no scenario under which you would hang on to them, so why the review rider? I just can't fathom this north FA compo and assistance. I actually can't get my head around it. Why would the league give them 3 EOFR picks? 3! Thinking from their perspective, which is always *smile* in any case, Wouldn't they think OK North, you'll get a good pick for HM, way too much, you have Wardlaw and Sheezle already, here's 1 EOFR pick? But they decide to give them 3!
They were managing the message via the headline. 1 now and maybe 2 later.

The actual real deal of multiple priority picks this year was in the fine print.

AFL GM of football I assumed decides this.

Ms Kane’s AFL and club experience across 10 years has included the positions of General Manager Strategy and Football Operations and Head of Football Operations at the North Melbourne Football Club, before joining the AFL as GM Competition Management.

Everything is fine.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Other clubs have been in the same situation, Melbourne Us Stkilda Footscary but none have been treated and given a leg up these knobs are getting.
The AFL already (if they didnt get the *smile* out of the job) knew pick 3 was going to them.
So why give them pick 20 this year and the 2 end of 1st rounders next year.
It's a joke. I pray this time next year all these kids start walking out to other clubs.
The AFL isn't helping a Carlton or Collingwood they are helping are club noone cares about. Properly the most irrelevant club in the competition alongside GC.

and lest we forget which club was the most vocal about no help to us in the SOS era and stating that we had to get our own way out

30 years later Norf are on their knees begging for help and getting it

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
and lest we forget which club was the most vocal about no help to us in the SOS era and stating that we had to get our own way out

30 years later Norf are on their knees begging for help and getting it
*smile* exactly, Bob Ansett the *smile* wasnt it

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep North wanted us to save our own necks and weve been bailing them out year after year after year.

Bout time we sent them the bill.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
*smile* exactly, Bob Ansett the *smile* wasnt it
Ironic.

Hope they fail. But I think in 3-4 years they should be top 4 with the “help” the AFL has given them, in time before and Tasmania raid the talent.

If they come into the competition!

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Ironic.

Hope they fail. But I think in 3-4 years they should be top 4 with the “help” the AFL has given them, in time before and Tasmania raid the talent.

If they come into the competition!

Nah - I reckon you you need a mix of top end picks, a few who have fought for everything, scrubbers etc - a mix of blue collar and private boys that you can gell together.

lolnorf are going about this the wrong way - flags are earnt by hard work, hard decisions and doing the time - giants / suns / dees (under Roos) show they can’t be handed out on a plate.

They were managing the message via the headline. 1 now and maybe 2 later.

The actual real deal of multiple priority picks this year was in the fine print.

AFL GM of football I assumed decides this.

Ms Kane’s AFL and club experience across 10 years has included the positions of General Manager Strategy and Football Operations and Head of Football Operations at the North Melbourne Football Club, before joining the AFL as GM Competition Management.

Everything is fine.

lolnorf trying to knock the cats off the AFL darlings chair - shows how pathetic and weak the AFL actually is.

Last edited:

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yep North wanted us to save our own necks and weve been bailing them out year after year after year.

Bout time we sent them the bill.
Not just us, every other big club that has bailed out and bankrolled this pack of sooks for years now.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Nah - I reckon you you need a mix of top end picks, a few who have fought for everything, scrubbers etc - a mix of blue collar and private boys that you can gell together.

lolnorf are going about this the wrong way - flags are earnt by hard work, hard decisions and doing the time - giants / suns / dees (under Roos) show they can’t be handed out on a plate.

lolnorf trying to knock the cats off the AFL darlings chair - shows how pathetic and weak the AFL actually is.
I agree Year!

That’s why I mentioned the 3-4 year period.

Their backline is at the moment their Achilles and that’s where they need to do in this draft to address a glaring issue with the loss of McKay. Even though he ‘checked out’.

Clarkson has been here before.

Let’s see if he change the culture that he inherited because ‘top end talent’ as you hinted needs to be blended with the ones already there and in the system already, as that won’t be enough .