#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

North assistance package 1x end first round 23, 2x end first round 24 right? And now pick 3 compo, superstar compo for just a good player. In effect, assistance now a top 4 pick and 3 end first round picks.

Its terrible, the basis for both assistance and compo is terrible, the execution is terrible, the explanation is terrible. Ans the fact the 2 weren't connected is terrible, ie you already have 3 assistance picks so you can't expect too much for HM.

I really hated Rawlings playing rhetorical hardball with the AFL after being doled out 3 freebies already for being crap..no shame, more front than myers.

I really hate this compo decision in isolation too. Pick 4? Its objectively indefensible. Where do you go from there? Its the same compo as a side would get for Petracca, DeGoey, Butters, Curnow. If McKay is worth pick 4, that makes Shai worth 2 pick 4s etc etc. What is wrong with these clowns?

Reactions: 10 users
We did a deal with the Hawks on Vickery so we got better compensation.
Is this fact? or an oft repeated myth.
We got pick 28 for a tall who's career matches that of McKay, at the same age with 50 more game played.

Reactions: 1 user
North assistance package 1x end first round 23, 2x end first round 24 right? And now pick 3 compo, superstar compo for just a good player. In effect, assistance now a top 4 pick and 3 end first round picks.

Its terrible, the basis for both assistance and compo is terrible, the execution is terrible, the explanation is terrible. Ans the fact the 2 weren't connected is terrible, ie you already have 3 assistance picks so you can't expect too much for HM.

I really hated Rawlings playing rhetorical hardball with the AFL after being doled out 3 freebies already for being crap..no shame, more front than myers.

I really hate this compo decision in isolation too. Pick 4? Its objectively indefensible. Where do you go from there? Its the same compo as a side would get for Petracca, DeGoey, Butters, Curnow. If McKay is worth pick 4, that makes Shai worth 2 pick 4s etc etc. What is wrong with these clowns?
I thought the early 80's were bad, when the rich clubs just ran sacked the weaker clubs but what the AFL has created with Free agency, Academy picks & Piority picks is unbelievable.
We were in the gutter for 37 yrs.
Compared to Fitzroy.
Laughed at, not once did the AFL give us free picks. People keep on bringing up the 2004 draft. Drafting was our biggest weakness. That wasn't helping us it made the situation worse.
It was like giving a 10 yr old the keys to a Ferrari. It looked good but we didn't how to drive it.
What North is doing is an absolute disgrace.
Even stkilda hasn't asked for assistance and they haven't seen success since the Ned Kelly years.

Reactions: 1 users
Thats far too smart for the AFL. I suspect their white board looks a lot more like this.

BTW - anyone know why I can't paste pictures here anymore?? Anyone else having trouble with it?
Try minimising the picture by cropping it.
Its too big to download
Size Matters GIF by Travis

Being rewarded for mediocre and afl bending over to these missionaries pathetic and the clubs just all silent.

Reactions: 2 users
Is this fact? or an oft repeated myth.
We got pick 28 for a tall who's career matches that of McKay, at the same age with 50 more game played.
The Hawks altered the deal for us to get a compo pick one band better. Did we get Shai for this pick?

No point comparing anything to the McKay compo as it is the must ludicrous compo pick ever handed out - even worse than Melbourne getting pick 3 for Frawley.

Reactions: 3 users
The Hawks altered the deal for us to get a compo pick one band better. Did we get Shai for this pick?

No point comparing anything to the McKay compo as it is the must ludicrous compo pick ever handed out - even worse than Melbourne getting pick 3 for Frawley.

Yeah we got Shai with the Vickery compo pick

Reactions: 1 users
What abouT North's offering for pick one. What rubbish, North are getting plenty of assistance and they throw up picks outside the top 10 which is an insult.

At least Frawley was a legitimate A grader and pick 12 in a very strong draft, McKay was drafted in the second round and has lived up to that billing. Pick 3 is a joke, Darren Gaspar he aint & to think they were handed even more goodies to land players like Stephens makes the whole caper a farce.

Reactions: 4 users
And now north have traded next years two assistance picks for picks in this years draft. The AFL stipulated that these picks could be reconsidered next year if north did well- very strong message to north there. Oh but wait - the AFL did allow north to trade these future picks this year. What a pack of w…kers!!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
And now north have traded next years two assistance picks for picks in this years draft. The AFL stipulated that these picks could be reconsidered next year if north did well- very strong message to north there. Oh but wait - the AFL did allow north to trade these future picks this year. What a pack of w…kers!!
Next year, please sir can i have some more

What abouT North's offering for pick one. What rubbish, North are getting plenty of assistance and they throw up picks outside the top 10 which is an insult.
It’s a flipping joke if North end up with Pick 1,2 & 3