#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

HeadandShin said:
The Norf remembers...and so does Baloo! Still don't think they should be near the top of our hate list, and we should empathise with their fans, worried their team will fold or move. Also feels like we're punching down.
Yep, they have been largely irrelevant for nearly 20 years now.

year of the tiger said:
4. Their president

5. The fact they secured Hobart and a Tassie women’s team when we had done the hard yards down there.

6. A recent elimination final

I could go on .......

Remember they had all the advantages in the 70s when their prez ran tv sport (Casey and world of sport). Then Brayshaw...
Not just coll that have basked in that powerful role.

oh yeah, and that elimination final... their fans rubbed our noses in it, and then gleefully backed up for a serve after the carlton EF debacle

St Kevin said:
Shift these p!ssants to Tassie and be done with them.

Antartic far enough away . Bleeding whingers & were before they picked up Scott most probably on the cheap.

Peter de Rauch was on SEN this morning and labelled their board undemocratic and had a nominations committee much like Richmond, which makes it impossible for rank and file members to get onto the board. i didn't know other clubs did this as well, what a disgrace.

Ian4 said:
Peter de Rauch was on SEN this morning and labelled their board undemocratic and had a nominations committee much like Richmond, which makes it impossible for rank and file members to get onto the board. i didn't know other clubs did this as well, what a disgrace.

It makes sense now. How can you get 6 members on the board when you only have 5 members

The only supporter base that compare to Norf are the Dees , even though tommorows game is a fantastic salute to the Anzacs , they will be lucky to get 15k of there supporters there , there majority have woeful loyalty .

Mr Brightside said:
The only supporter base that compare to Norf are the Dees , even though tommorows game is a fantastic salute to the Anzacs , they will be lucky to get 15k of there supporters there , there majority have woeful loyalty .

Agree. They cop it because its true.
70k will turn up tomorrow night, you said 15k they would be lucky to have 10k turn up..

Ian4 said:
De Rauch whinging that #lolNorf is undemocratic :rofl. Wasn't he one of the clubs owners along with Reggie Ansett, Albert Mantello n a couple of other blokes a few years back? Bet it was a fair old democracy back then.
Not sure how many clubs have a nominations committee, but I'd hazard a guess that most clubs do. They like to ensure there's a quiet n stable progression of like minded n hopefully competent people in the oval office as different directors rotate through. As long as you've got a competent one a benevolent dictatorship is generally a far better option than a night of the long knives every three or four years.

TigerFlag2017 said:
Pretty dire when Carey starts referring to them as irrelevant.

I bumped into Carey years back when he was 22-23
I Said he should go to the Tigers.
He laughed.
Who’s laughing now?

They’re having a general meeting tonight?
They have book out 5 man tent
Shut the joint down. Shitest club in the comp

From their coup of “rejects” over the offseason North have Aaron Hall, Tom Campbell and Dom Tyson playing VFL this weekend. Polec, due to his pay packet, and Pittard still playing AFL.

tigertim said:
From their coup of “rejects” over the offseason North have Aaron Hall, Tom Campbell and Dom Tyson playing VFL this weekend. Polec, due to his pay packet, and Pittard still playing AFL.

Just shows how many great players they have.
They still can’t break in.

Feel kinda weird n unclean admitting to it, but I tipped Carlscum to beat #LolNorf. Maybe they can have a nil all draw to make me feel a little better.