#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I must admit I have less hate for them now since Surly Scott walked.

I quite like their hardness at the ball.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
David King's article (today's HS) on possible contenders for the St Kilda coaching job includes mention of James Hird.
He goes on to say that Hird has "an extraordinary football mind combined with a genuine relationship-building ethos".

Now King doesn't say this next bit at all - it's just my imagination.
But I'd truly love to see Hird take over Norf ...... and finish them off once and for all.

I laughed when I saw the article in today's Hun, but I doubt any Saints supporters would be. I'd rather he went to Cartoon......for another 10 years of misery.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Dear Tenacious,

Why would you want to “finish off” North by them giving Hird the gig.

You’re a real spoiler.

Everyone enjoys a good comedy series, particularly when it is on Free To Air.

AFL is a serious business and fans need ongoing comic relief!

You judge me too harshly Bern - I’m a sentimental old softie and just reckon lolnorf and the Golden Boy are a match made in heaven
So I’m seeing it as a classic romance - but then again some of the classic love stories do become tear jerkers.
Aw shucks if that happens

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good to see Parrott start to question lolnorf's fast-tracked procedure on finding a new coach.

I reckon if they sign Shaw, it could be a Geisch-type false dawn.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The ideal scenario is if all 3 members of the 2019 sacked coach club keep their caretakers and Scott winds up with out a position in 2020.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The way the Blues are going its going to be very hard for them to not stay with Teague especially if they pick up another win or two (except against us).

I hope they take Scott he will probably halt their progression.

Still has a whiff of a done deal with the sacking of Chuckles and Scott leaving the Blues.

Much like the Sydney fans kicked up when Roosy was going to be replaced as caretaker for Wallet and they kicked up a *smile* storm.

Roosy got the nod to appease the fans and went on and won them a flag.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Big difference between allowing them to run free as a caretaker coach and by default having the players love you and fulltime accountable coaching and having to have serious hard conversations.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Beware of the caretaker - agree they have a free hit but once they are it, they lose that freedom (a bit) and have to have a longer term focus.

Released Geish didn’t work for us at the time.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yep, caretakers have a bit of a free hit. Usually, and certainly in the case of Teague and probably in the case of Shaw and Ratten, it’s just “go out and play freely” which produces short term results but probably isn’t sustainable long term.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
lol at brad scott if the blues go with teague

Maybe he could get an assistant role with his brother

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
David King's article (today's HS) on possible contenders for the St Kilda coaching job includes mention of James Hird.
He goes on to say that Hird has "an extraordinary football mind combined with a genuine relationship-building ethos".

Now King doesn't say this next bit at all - it's just my imagination.
But I'd truly love to see Hird take over Norf ...... and finish them off once and for all.

David King is wrong on everything. He got Melb wrong last year and this year , he's got the pies wrong this year (pre-game against GWS he was raving about how the pies midfield was just about to do a job on GWS) , he got Richmond wrong in 2017. He's positioned himself in the media as some sort of game analysis guru. The only issue is it only works in hindsight - he can tell you after a game why a team won with his Kingsight (generally its because they score more than the other team David) but he is mostly wrong with his pre-game predictions.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
David King is wrong on everything. He got Melb wrong last year and this year , he's got the pies wrong this year (pre-game against GWS he was raving about how the pies midfield was just about to do a job on GWS) , he got Richmond wrong in 2017. He's positioned himself in the media as some sort of game analysis guru. The only issue is it only works in hindsight - he can tell you after a game why a team won with his Kingsight (generally its because they score more than the other team David) but he is mostly wrong with his pre-game predictions.

Nah Doc Jazzy you're way off the mark in your assessment of the games greatest analyst.
Nobody but Kingy had the Bombers on their way to a 3peat this year.... man's a bloody genius!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
King ...............................too much hyperbole and too many BIG calls, that are always wrong.
lol at brad scott if the blues go with teague

Maybe he could get an assistant role with his brother

Then we'd have them both on the screen pulling stupid faces to each other when they have a free given against them or a dodgy decision.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Ol Mate Hyperbole Kingy ....................... Talks alot ................says very little .................... master of the big statement.

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West

You forgot..... “Richmond are cooked.... Rance IS the system!”

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
How's their form....
We announce the signing of a couple of up and comers
Poor old north gotta get a bit of media love and try to steal our thunder!

Let's revisit these announcements in a couple of years and we'll see how they stack up then!:cool:

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Seems like Brad Scott's payout has cost the Roos a fortune and eats up a heap of footy dept salary cap for next year

#lolnorf!!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Wayne Carey made a good point the other day, why not give Shaw 1 year to see if he can cut the mustard with a preseason of preparation under his belt? its unheard of in footy, but if they give him a 3 year deal and he proves he’s not up to it, they might be up for another payout.