#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Bound to happen. I thought Rhyce was still in a honeymoon period with his lads.......
Good luck to Rhyce. Unlike the Scott brothers who are each worse than the other (figure that one out if ya can), at least Rhyce is the more likeable of the Shaw brothers, and his less likeable brother is lots more likeable that the worst of the two Scotts, ie both of them.

Meanwhile, the ASX has announced a trading halt for PingPong Balls Are Us, with a major announcement expected soon.

Oh - its just come through...

"PingPong Balls Are Us is entering administration in an attempt to stave off liquidation after the unexpected downturn in sales to a North Melbourne based business which for the past 11 years has been responsible for over 79% of sales of ping pong balls from our Victorian operations, representing a 68% share of our Australian wide market."

Shocking!

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Seems odd that Norf have signed Shaw up already.
Would have thought their "exhaustive process" would have seen them wait until season's end.
Is there that much to be gained from making the announcement so early.
Perhaps, Shaw was being sounded out heavily for one of the other available positions???

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
With #lolNorf it's always about the fear of missing out. They are just so used to people saying "No" to them that they'll lock anyone in ASAP for fear of them changing their mind.

Reactions: 2 users

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
Shaw was the only person to present to the board. Does that mean they only had one applicant? :D. Might explain why they were keen to get it done. No one else wants the job!!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
North have given up on chasing and being rejected by high profile players so now they're going for low profile untried coaches. They've finally got their man.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Ahhhh #lolnorf. Media were spruiking that Shaw had the job at the start of the week n that it would be announced today. The only ones who didn't know this was happening beforehand was #lolnorf.
Hope the Scotty dog decides to roll the tummy up for scratching next year. For a free $800 grand I reckon he should seriously consider bring the Prez and Board their slippers as well.
Bloody numpties in suits at H.Q should cut back #lolnorfs funding bonuses for next year, pricks have obviously got way to much AFL money to throw away.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Been fascinated by the media's push in recent times for the likes of Shaw, Teague & Ratten.

The lesson as old as time is beware of the caretaker coach syndrome.

Once a senior coach is sacked, the shackles are off & the pressure is released on a footy club.
Because of that it's hardly unusual for players who've also been under pressure to have a spike in performance.

Footy is such a mental game at AFL level. If the season is shot for a footy club, it's not the best time to make assessments on improvement.
Shaw may well end up being a great coach but you'd hope Norf have gone through the full interview process thoroughly to find the best candidate available.

Only time will tell if this has been a good call..

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Been fascinated by the media's push in recent times for the likes of Shaw, Teague & Ratten.

The lesson as old as time is beware of the caretaker coach syndrome.

Once a senior coach is sacked, the shackles are off & the pressure is released on a footy club.
Because of that it's hardly unusual for players who've also been under pressure to have a spike in performance.

Footy is such a mental game at AFL level. If the season is shot for a footy club, it's not the best time to make assessments on improvement.
Shaw may well end up being a great coach but you'd hope Norf have gone through the full interview process thoroughly to find the best candidate available.

Only time will tell if this has been a good call..

I wouldn’t be putting Ratten in with the other two. He’s got some history at least, and will be much better second time around.

If he gets the Aints job, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them improve over the next couple of years.

Fortunately their list management has been diabolical and will be their limiting factor.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
No guarantees he will be. Anyways 2 games is not a sound sample size.

He’s got more than two games as a sample size though. In hindsight, Carlton should never have let him go.

Since then he’s had a stint under Clarko as well, so his pedigree runs much deeper than his time at the Saints.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He’s got more than two games as a sample size though. In hindsight, Carlton should never have let him go.

Since then he’s had a stint under Clarko as well, so his pedigree runs much deeper than his time at the Saints.

Not saying he won't be a good coach however the Saints should still go through a rigourous process for the reasons I mentioned.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Not saying he won't be a good coach however the Saints should still go through a rigourous process for the reasons I mentioned.

No doubt they should.

I’m convinced Ratten will make a decent coach though.

He had those issues in his personal life as well, which will help him keep perspective on things. Footy’s not the be all and end all and that empathy goes a long way to garnering respect from the players.

Just ask Dimma.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Bottom 4 next year.
Oscar the Grouch what dud selection.
Lost 3 in a row and they sign him, what a *smile* football club.