#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Seems like Brad Scott's payout has cost the Roos a fortune and eats up a heap of footy dept salary cap for next year

#lolnorf!!
Yeah, just read that North have to pay him his $800k wage next year if he doesn’t get a gig anywhere (which is looking likely). And if he does get a gig and he’s paid for eg $400k North have to pay the other $400k to make it his contracted $800k salary.

Oh North.....

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah, just read that North have to pay him his $800k wage next year if he doesn’t get a gig anywhere (which is looking likely). And if he does get a gig and he’s paid for eg $400k North have to pay the other $400k to make it his contracted $800k salary.

Oh North.....

If I was Brad Scott I'd take next year off.

Reactions: 1 user

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney

Oh North.....
From the same article (NewsCorpse) Tom Browne is doing a "Tom Browne" (AKA making shiat up)...

“Brad Scott’s a little bit undecided about coaching at the moment, because my strong mail is that Gil McLachlan and Andrew Dillon, two head honchos at the AFL, are a little bit keen on Scott joining the AFL executive ranks if he doesn’t want to coach,” Browne told Triple M’s Hot Breakfast.

It could lead to a big job one day. There’s some talk Scott has got the attributes to be the big kahuna, the CEO.”

Might start referring to him as "The Fabulist"

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Brad Scott as CEO would have me turning off the footy completely. I wonder if the Tiges would consider entering into the Netball comp, or A-League

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Brad Scott as CEO would have me turning off the footy completely. I wonder if the Tiges would consider entering into the Netball comp, or A-League

Yep there would only be one possibly worse scenario for us; Chris Scott as CEO.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Oh North.....

Have said it before .... they’re the gift that keeps on giving

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It's difficult but if you look closely Chris contains a slightly higher salt content.

My thinking is that's because of their success. Give Brad the winning team and he'd have that same sense of self-entitlement that gives Chris his saltiness.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
The Age online reporting
“North Melbourne caretaker coach Rhyce Shaw has landed the club's senior job and has earned a three-year contract.
The Kangaroos have unveiled the man to officially replace former coach Brad Scott, who parted ways with North Melbourne on good terms mid-season.
Shaw signed his multi-year deal on Wednesday .........”

I actually like Rhyce Shaw but reckon he’s doomed with that job

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The Age online reporting
“North Melbourne caretaker coach Rhyce Shaw has landed the club's senior job and has earned a three-year contract.
The Kangaroos have unveiled the man to officially replace former coach Brad Scott, who parted ways with North Melbourne on good terms mid-season.
Shaw signed his multi-year deal on Wednesday .........”

I actually like Rhyce Shaw but reckon he’s doomed with that job

He even said it himself: "Getting the senior role has probably come sooner than I expected, but I've been in footy 20 years now and I think I'm ready. I'm learning each and every day."

May the Giesch be in you.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Seems odd. North fell into a couple of short term results but I can see this ending in disaster. Exhaustive process?

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
From the same article (NewsCorpse) Tom Browne is doing a "Tom Browne" (AKA making shiat up)...

“Brad Scott’s a little bit undecided about coaching at the moment, because my strong mail is that Gil McLachlan and Andrew Dillon, two head honchos at the AFL, are a little bit keen on Scott joining the AFL executive ranks if he doesn’t want to coach,” Browne told Triple M’s Hot Breakfast.

It could lead to a big job one day. There’s some talk Scott has got the attributes to be the big kahuna, the CEO.”

Might start referring to him as "The Fabulist"

Fine attributes has Scott. .... can imagine him tossing his arms in the air at meetings if he's out voted on an issue!
Better still..... "Let me line up this ***** on the way out the door"

Great leadership right there!

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If #lolNorf don't win a game for the rest of the season and have a blow out or two, the media frenzy over #lolNorf will get to levels unseen before in Australia

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If #lolNorf don't win a game for the rest of the season and have a blow out or two, the media frenzy over #lolNorf will get to levels unseen before in Australia
Bound to happen. I thought Rhyce was still in a honeymoon period with his lads.......