#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
When does Amarfio's job come into question? Did a poor job at CA, had a boys club at Austereo and now Norf are at their lowest ebb.
Was a year below me at school.
Wasn’t particularly bright.
His father in law owned Austerio.
Job for the boys.

Reactions: 2 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Gonna be a task for the Crows and Kochies to pony up the picks / players required to get JHF home.

Crows will have the first dibs being lower on the laddder.

North will probably ask for the farm.... they might also try to send Polec back as part of the trade as well :))
Thisone could be very interesting depending on how hard be Norf play, JHF young enough to take the restraint of trade action and blow the whole thing up

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Melbourne were a complete basket case for years until recently. It took Peter Jackson 5 years to right the ship. North need a good CEO and a good coach (Clarkson) and they'll turn around quickly.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Luff’s appointment as List Manager was obviously some sort of Billy Beane-sabremetrics inspired one. Problem being however, sabremetrics don’t lend themselves to footy as well as they do to baseball and other sports.

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
When does Amarfio's job come into question? Did a poor job at CA, had a boys club at Austereo and now Norf are at their lowest ebb.

Totally agree Saint.

Everything he's touched has turned to *smile*.

Some bizarre stories regarding his time at Austereo.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Luff’s appointment as List Manager was obviously some sort of Billy Beane-sabremetrics inspired one. Problem being however, sabremetrics don’t lend themselves to footy as well as they do to baseball and other sports.

Was doomed to fail.

Any attempt to build a list relying on statistics from a company that rates someone like Mason Cox as elite is critically flawed.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Luffy is a super football person, knows his stuff. Lovely bloke who cares for people.
Great bloke.
I know Luffy well too. He is a ripper fella but his appointment was a shock.

I remember him telling me that Libba Snr never really won those tackle stats every year. Back then each club appointed their own guy to do stats and report to the AFL/CD. The Footscray guy apparently just pumped up the Libba tackle stats every week.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
In hindsight what Norf offered was overs. We ultimately made out like bandits.

When JHF is made to look average in that team then someone with CCJ's limited ability is screwed. Whether we win or lose on the trade will depend who we get with the pick they gave up.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I heard they tried to merge with Wron Wron - Woodside but the WWW rejected them
Won Wron Woodside wouldnt accept the deal - keep the name but change the mascot to the Kangaroos.
No wonder.
Can you imagine the Won Wron Roos?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user