#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

The footy industry really is ridiculous sometimes.

They've added 21 players in two years. It will be 3 years before we have any idea about the coach or players

Spot on TBR.

North are right where we were in 2010. We were 1-10 and labelled the worst team since Fitzroy.

But through hard work, smart decisions and a belief we were on the right track we turned it around. It takes time, but we are proof it can be done.

And all done during a time when GWS and Gold Coast were picking the eyes out of the draft for 3 straight years. No priority picks, no draft concessions, nothing.

North have started the process, they won’t be crap forever.

Reactions: 1 users
Spot on TBR.

North are right where we were in 2010. We were 1-10 and labelled the worst team since Fitzroy.

But through hard work, smart decisions and a belief we were on the right track we turned it around. It takes time, but we are proof it can be done.

And all done during a time when GWS and Gold Coast were picking the eyes out of the draft for 3 straight years. No priority picks, no draft concessions, nothing.

North have started the process, they won’t be crap forever.
I doubt they have a core equivalent to Cotchin, Martin, Reiwoldt and Rance.

I doubt they have a core equivalent to Cotchin, Martin, Reiwoldt and Rance.
It took us 3 years to pick them up, and took quite a while to bear fruit.

Time will be the judge as per usual.

Reckon #Lolnorf are a loooonnnng way behind where we were Mopsy.

Richmond 2009 - 5 wins. #Lolnorf 2020 - 3 wins from 17 games.
Richmond 2010 - 6 wins. #Lolnorf 2021 - 4 wins.
Richmond 2011 - 8 wins and a draw. #Lolnorf 2022 - 1 win from 12 games so far.

They're completely stagnant at the moment n probably going backwards this year if anything.

Reactions: 2 users

They're completely stagnant at the moment n probably going backwards this year if anything.
TM has it right, we saw continuous upward improvement, #lolnorf aren’t getting that.

Reactions: 1 user

Can't really start before 2021, TM, they had a different coach then. They will finish somewhere around the 4 wins again this year I think, then need to get to 7 or 8 next year to be on track.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel for the supporters but imo there is only really one choice with North and that is to become the Tasmanian Kangaroos.

Not sure on Noble but they have been managed really badly, they have a small supporter base and the AFL will always have to support them financially as a Melbourne club. May as well do it as the Tasmanian club

Tasmania will be a success, but only if the club originates from Tasmania.

A relocated team won't work. Tasmania don't want North Melbourne. Tasmania wants Tasmania.

Reactions: 5 users

A relocated team won't work. Tasmania don't want North Melbourne. Tasmania wants Tasmania.
No guarantee that Tasmania will even get a team just yet Nobets, at least a non relocated one.

Apparently there’s a bunch of clubs who won’t support it and on the surface the AFL doesn’t seem all that energetic about dissuading them.

Personally, I’ve never thought the AFL has been all that committed to a start up team in Tasmania. Won’t surprise me if they pull the rug out from underneath it all. Seems like there’s lots of concerns within the AFL and with a number of clubs.

Last edited:

AFL 2022: North Melbourne reserves cop bake from VFL coach as Jaidyn Stephenson in the mix​

The Roos had to douse rumours of an emergency board meeting on Monday, with a scheduled board meeting to take place on Wednesday week.

The club will have to make a decision on the future of coach David Noble at some stage but have made clear publicly that he is not under pressure.

The Roos would have to face the wrath of their members for appointing a fourth coach in four seasons so are attempting to back in Noble during the long dark days of the rebuild.

But the 1-11 Roos have a percentage of 52.3 and given their lengthy injury list have a VFL side which is not much better at 2-7 with a percentage of 59.

VFL coach Leigh Adams made clear his displeasure with the performances of his players over the weekend after a 71-point loss to Box Hill.
“We got what we deserved today. Our intensity wasn‘t at the level, our ability to defend the ball wasn’t at the level and our contest wasn’t at the level. It was a really disappointing day all-round and in the end we got what we deserved,“ he said.
“We‘ve got too many blokes at the moment who seem to care more about what’s happening on the stats sheet instead of what’s happening on the scoreboard. When we can get more blokes to buy into the really hard stuff, that is the contest and the defensive side of the game, our offence will take care of itself.”

I have said many times that Tasmania should have been preferred to the suns or the giants but in the end Tasmania will have to accept what they get and personally I am still not convinced they will get anything.
The relocation of a Victorian club solves so many problems for the AFL and I could definitely see that being pushed by them rather than a really difficult to manage 19 team competition.

This is good - I was going to look at this

Progress continues in
2012 - 10 wins and a draw
2013 - 2015 - we play finals
2016 - the season we had to had
2017 - the beginning of our :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

So it took 8 years of hard work, disappointment, not winning a final to mould our team and build the character and resilience across the squad and coaches to finally get there.

So has #lolnorf even started the slow climb yet - that’s the question.

I have said many times that Tasmania should have been preferred to the suns or the giants but in the end Tasmania will have to accept what they get and personally I am still not convinced they will get anything.
The relocation of a Victorian club solves so many problems for the AFL and I could definitely see that being pushed by them rather than a really difficult to manage 19 team competition.
A 19 team league would be crazy
Having 9 teams based in Melb is already crazy
Having a basket case like North in the league is completely batshyte crazy
Having a team in Tassie is an excellent idea

Reactions: 2 users
but in the end Tasmania will have to accept what they get and personally I am still not convinced they will get anything.

No, Tasmanian's don't actually.

The AFL commissioned Colin Carter to do his report on viability. He said it was 100% viable so long as the State Govt invest between $7m and $11M per year. Why should the AFL go to that length with that acument if your not going to support it.

The Govt are actually doing $12.5M as well as building a new stadium and $50M in start-up costs.

It stacks up.

As the Premier recently said:

“Tasmania has waited long enough and Tasmanians won’t accept a team with half its heart in Melbourne"

North ain't happening so not sure why keeps getting put forward.

The state is also on record as saying they will no longer underwrite the Hawthorn and North Melbourne games. There is another $8.5M per season taken away from the sport.

If Tasmania doesn't get this approved as a stand alone team all that money will go towards basketball (Jack Jumpers already a roaring success) and bringing a team into the A-League. The sport of Australian Rules that has deteriorated so far already will literally die to those sports.

Gil won't want that as his departing legacy.

The only way is if clubs vote it down and it only needs 1/3 of the vote to get passed. With Benny and Jack helping drive the team (plus we will do the right thing) we know our club will vote for it. As will other good clubs like Geelong.

Selfish clubs like Collingwood, Sydney and Gold Coast who can't see past themselves won't.

That is the only way Tasmania won't get what they/we rightly should. And the alternative is ugly where no-one wins, especially the sport itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
No guarantee that Tasmania will even get a team just yet Nobets, at least a non relocated one.

Apparently there’s a bunch of clubs who won’t support it and on the surface the AFL doesn’t seem all that energetic about dissuading them.

Personally, I’ve never thought the AFL has been all that committed to a start up team in Tasmania. Won’t surprise me if they pull the rug out from underneath it all. Seems like there’s lots of concerns within the AFL and with a number of clubs.

It'll happen Dudford. Only needs 1/3 of clubs to vote for it. We'll be one of them.

Gil won't want the death of Aussie Rules in the state to be his lasting (and biggest) legacy. He'll sell it.

No, Tasmanian's don't actually.

The AFL commissioned Colin Carter to do his report on viability. He said it was 100% viable so long as the State Govt invest between $7m and $11M per year. Why should the AFL go to that length with that acument if your not going to support it.

The Govt are actually doing $12.5M as well as building a new stadium and $50M in start-up costs.

It stacks up.

As the Premier recently said:

“Tasmania has waited long enough and Tasmanians won’t accept a team with half its heart in Melbourne"

North ain't happening so not sure why keeps getting put forward.

The state is also on record as saying they will no longer underwrite the Hawthorn and North Melbourne games. There is another $8.5M per season taken away from the sport.

If Tasmania doesn't get this approved as a stand alone team all that money will go towards basketball (Jack Jumpers already a roaring success) and bringing a team into the A-League. The sport of Australian Rules that has deteriorated so far already will literally die to those sports.

Gil won't want that as his departing legacy.

The only way is if clubs vote it down and it only needs 1/3 of the vote to get passed. With Benny and Jack helping drive the team (plus we will do the right thing) we know our club will vote for it. As will other good clubs like Geelong.

Selfish clubs like Collingwood, Sydney and Gold Coast probably won't.

That is the only way Tasmania won't get what they/we rightly should. And the alternative is ugly where no-one wins, especially the sport itself.
Good post.

As an aside, if a true Tassie team comes in, will you jump ship?
That would be another reason for all of us to get behind the push for a stand alone team i reckon.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
It'll happen Dudford. Only needs 1/3 of clubs to vote for it. We'll be one of them.

Gil won't want the death of Aussie Rules in the state to be his lasting (and biggest) legacy. He'll sell it.
Hope so Nobets. Then you can follow them instead of Richmond and we won’t have to accept your in-concise, inaccurate posting anymore on PRE - especially in respect of punting.

You are going to dump Richmond in favour of the Tassie Platypus’ or whatever they’re being called aren’t you ?

Hope so Nobets. Then you can follow them instead of Richmond and we won’t have to accept your in-concise, inaccurate posting anymore on PRE - especially in respect of punting.

You are going to dump Richmond in favour of the Tassie Platypus’ or whatever they’re being called aren’t you ?

Just think - We'll be able to fly down and watch our Tasmanian team together!