Lowlife of the week award. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lowlife of the week award.

Good luck waiting for the refuter to actually provide any evidence to support some of his claims. He recalls a lot of things in his head. Whether they actually happened is another story.
That's because he has 90% of PRE on ignore, upset about the end of 2 way ignore as now everyone gets to critique what he says. Almost tempted to put him on ignore so I don't have to read it, but I don't put people on ignore, everyone has a right to say what they think.

DS

What a pair of sad, pathetic, wankers you two are.

I've exercised the option to not engage with either of you and yet you still can't help but try and re-engage me with low rent crap like this.

It's nothing more than an attempt to bully. Unfortunately for you two, it is very hard to bully someone from a position of mediocrity.

I've forgotten more about elite sport and AFL footy than either of you, and I'm willing to bet you both lead mediocre little lives that put you in my shadow by any measure anyone could ever name. If you want to bully someone, pick someone who doesn't better you in every single category in life.

By the way, because I'm not small time like the both of you, I've actually reached out to people in the AFL and asked the question about the handball rule. I now know exactly what changed and exactly when.

So if you want to step out of the shadows, put up a million dollars each that says the handball rule hasn't changed in 50 years and I'll match it. Hell, I'll give you 5/1 if you like.

Otherwise *smile* off back to your sad little small time worlds, doing your sad little small time jobs, for your sad little small time wages, and leave me alone.

By the way @Mr T. this is exactly why 2 way ignore is required, this is exactly what I predicted would happen when it was removed. I always try to be respectful but enough is enough.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Come on people. Let’s not get down, dirty and personal with others posters. After all they’re not umpires.
We all have the right to express an opinion.

Now some people believe their opinion to be factual. It isn’t always, except for mine. :giggle:
Diverse opinions give topics some flavour. If you don’t like the taste, move on politely.
Cheers to you all

Reactions: 6 users

I've exercised the option to not engage with either of you and yet you still can't help but try and re-engage me with low rent crap like this.

It's nothing more than an attempt to bully. Unfortunately for you two, it is very hard to bully someone from a position of mediocrity.

I've forgotten more about elite sport and AFL footy than either of you, and I'm willing to bet you both lead mediocre little lives that put you in my shadow by any measure anyone could ever name. If you want to bully someone, pick someone who doesn't better you in every single category in life.

By the way, because I'm not small time like the both of you, I've actually reached out to people in the AFL and asked the question about the handball rule. I now know exactly what changed and exactly when.

So if you want to step out of the shadows, put up a million dollars each that says the handball rule hasn't changed in 50 years and I'll match it. Hell, I'll give you 5/1 if you like.

Otherwise *smile* off back to your sad little small time worlds, doing your sad little small time jobs, for your sad little small time wages, and leave me alone.

By the way @Mr T. this is exactly why 2 way ignore is required, this is exactly what I predicted would happen when it was removed. I always try to be respectful but enough is enough.
Now that’s more like it! A bit of passion.

As you suggest I don’t have a lazy million to put up. Would you accept a $50 Bunnings voucher and a signed Angus Graham jockstrap? I’m sure DS has some Occupy Wall Street t-shirts and a signed copy of Profit Over People Would that do?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I know we are not worthy of the enlightenment from the great guru bignote, but I really would like to hear how the definition of a handball in the rules of Australian Football has changed.

Come on guru bignote, enlighten us poor souls so we may bask in the radiance of your magnificence.

DS

• Haha
I know we are not worthy of the enlightenment from the great guru bignote, but I really would like to hear how the definition of a handball in the rules of Australian Football has changed.

Come on guru bignote, enlighten us poor souls so we may bask in the radiance of your magnificence.

DS

Let me know where you'll be at the footy next time and we can discuss face to face.

Let me know where you'll be at the footy next time and we can discuss face to face.

Gee, for someone who puts me on ignore you sure like reading my posts.

Discuss? I suspect you mean something else, which surprises me not at all as those who cannot back their arguments up tend to resort to other methods.

Now,

You going to substantiate this or continue to try and bluff your way around it.

Here, I can help:

Definition of a handball according to the rules as published by the AFL:

1970:

Handball is clearly holding the ball in one hand and striking it with the clenched fist of the other hand.

Handball: the act of holding the football in one hand and disposing of it by hitting
it with the clenched fist of the other hand.

Handball: the act of holding the football in one hand and disposing of it by hitting
it with the clenched fist of the other hand.

So, are you saying that the AFL are not following their own rules or what? I know exactly what's changed, sweet FA. You still need to hit the ball with a clenched fist, that has not changed at all. What has changed is the competence in adjudicating the rule.

To be honest, the adjudication now is even worse than the VFA allowing a throw pass from 1938, at least a throw pass was restricted to a throw with 2 hands and you could only execute a throw pass from below your shoulders.

DS

I am not here to defend TBR or to engage in this particularly but I do know that somewhere in the umpire thread he did address the changing adjudication of the handball. I remember it because I hadn't heard it before and was interested in it.
From memory it was that in the past a handball had to be delivered from a static hand but now that is not the case and it was addressing why the over the head handball was now ok
I also don't think that the lowlife thread is the right place to have this discussion. Let's leave it for real scumbags please

Reactions: 3 users
I am not here to defend TBR or to engage in this particularly but I do know that somewhere in the umpire thread he did address the changing adjudication of the handball. I remember it because I hadn't heard it before and was interested in it.
From memory it was that in the past a handball had to be delivered from a static hand but now that is not the case and it was addressing why the over the head handball was now ok
I also don't think that the lowlife thread is the right place to have this discussion. Let's leave it for real scumbags please
Yeh but what was the evidence Sin? It should not be that hard to produce should it? Was it a "definition" change or an "interpretation" change? What was the source?

In some ways it's indicative of how the AFL run. Rules on the run in a way. It's what causes the most fan agnst I think.

Last edited:

C'mon TBR, if you dont like posters you should say it!

Anyway, everyone should
1683510885526.png

• Haha
Yeh but what was the evidence Sin? It should not be that hard to produce should it? Was it a "definition" change or an "interpretation" change? What was the source?

In some ways it's indicative of how the AFL run. Rules on the run in a way. It's what causes the most fan agnst I think.
I don’t know what proof there is. I just remember TBR posting about it and thinking it made sense when seeing what was being allowed as a handball these days

I am not trying to get into the debate nor the “discussion” that was going on

Wow. Much admiration for the man. He's a far better person than I.

One of my deep personal flaws is I hold grudges, like a dog with a bone. If I was a victim of a brutal, unprovoked attack. I'd be counting down the days until the assailant was out in society again, to run him over when he was next crossing a street.

Takes a special kind of person to be a match official in the suburban leagues of any sport.

I don’t know what proof there is. I just remember TBR posting about it and thinking it made sense when seeing what was being allowed as a handball these days

I am not trying to get into the debate nor the “discussion” that was going on
And that's it. It appears to be just another T-$$$ statement without anything to support it. Followed up by an exercise in belittling anyone who dares to question him. Because he knows dusty. And rubs Razor rays calves.

And that's it. It appears to be just another T-$$$ statement without anything to support it. Followed up by an exercise in belittling anyone who dares to question him. Because he knows dusty. And rubs Razor rays calves.
Ok MDJ, I’m not going there

There is no proof of any change because the rules have never, ever, ever, stated that a handball needs to be delivered from a static hand, look at the rules, they are here: https://aflua.com.au/laws/ and they go back to 1945, that's 78 years ago.

The idea that the definition of a handball has ever included reference to a static hand is simply a fiction.

DS

There is no proof of any change because the rules have never, ever, ever, stated that a handball needs to be delivered from a static hand, look at the rules, they are here: https://aflua.com.au/laws/ and they go back to 1945, that's 78 years ago.

The idea that the definition of a handball has ever included reference to a static hand is simply a fiction.

DS
All the means is that if there was a change it was an adjudication/interpretation thing.
Going back as long as I remember that is how we were told to deliver a handball because if the hand holding the ball was moving is was deemed a throw.
I posted because someone challenged TBR on handball rules and I simply said I recall him posting on it before and relayed what I remember him saying. I’m not the one making the assertion, I’m just relaying a recalled post.
Now it seems there are people who want to prove that wrong.
I would have thought it was an interesting take on why so many throws seem to be allowed as handballs these days

That may well be right Sin. Surely it would not be that hard to find? It would have been widely discussed and debated in media?
Maybe happened before the media saturation we have now?
Maybe it happened pre 2016 the year the bulldogs perfected the little give to a teammate from congestion?