Lucky for Covid | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lucky for Covid

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
A few of our players are lucky that this is the year of Covid and there are no crowds otherwise we would have seen the ugly spectacle of Richmond supporters booing our own players.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
As bad as they are playing how could you boo your own team let alone how good they have been over the last few years.

Reactions: 15 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Maybe the poor start to the season and Covid19 are somewhat related, just a thought

Reactions: 4 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
We’ll belt Melbourne by 150 pts now.
The Dees have an absolute gun ruckman in Gawn and have a fairly reasonable midfield clearance group to match (Oliver, Viney & Brayshaw). I can see us having to defend quite a bit and given there is a fair chance Astbury doesn't play, I can see us on the end of another loss. It's time to give those 2-4 year guys (Markov, Naish, Ross, Balta, Garthwaite, Chol) some AFL exposure to see if they can make the grade or whether we move them on at the end of the season. Critical list management decisions are fast approaching this year and next year, otherwise we will bottom out again.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
The Dees have an absolute gun ruckman in Gawn and have a fairly reasonable midfield clearance group to match (Oliver, Viney & Brayshaw). I can see us having to defend quite a bit and given there is a fair chance Astbury doesn't play, I can see us on the end of another loss. It's time to give those 2-4 year guys (Markov, Naish, Ross, Balta, Garthwaite, Chol) some AFL exposure to see if they can make the grade or whether we move them on at the end of the season. Critical list management decisions are fast approaching this year and next year, otherwise we will bottom out again.

I had a look at the Dees' team yesterday, unlike most of the teams we've played so far, they are quite small. Obviously Gawn is a gun and they do have a top class first midfield rotation. But they are undersized in Defence (May at 193cm who Jack kicked 10 on a couple of years ago and Fists of Fury Lever at 195cm who I would argue plays shorter than that). All other defenders are either duds or running players. Lynch and Jack should really stretch them.

Up the other end, they have McDonald as their key forward (good player but at 194cm he is hardly a giant). All of their other forwards are either mid sized or smalls (Melksham being the best/most slippery).

This poses an interesting question. Do we add the extra tall that we think we have been missing and try to attain dominance in the air (e.g. Chol or Balta) or do we stick with the same structure knowing they are smaller and make sure we can compete on the ground?

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
TBH if we lose this week then get rolled by the Kangas at the Dump (instead of the G how convenient) we are nigh on done for the year, Dimma knows it as he said we need W's in our column pretty much starting now.

MC wont have to worry about chalking the cue tip if we drop the next 2 just rack it and rotate the kids through the team to get them some exposure.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Astbury is definitely out. 4 - 5 weeks. Hope they let a young gun have a go. I’d like to see Balta get a fair crack at it. Height, athleticism, speed and he’s a longer kick than Dave has ever been.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
TBH if we lose this week then get rolled by the Kangas at the Dump (instead of the G how convenient)

Amazing how this has had zero coverage. This mob will have had 6 out of 7 games at the Dump and there has been NOTHING mentioned. If it was us and the G there wud have been mayhem in the press.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Amazing how this has had zero coverage. This mob will have had 6 out of 7 games at the Dump and there has been NOTHING mentioned. If it was us and the G there wud have been mayhem in the press.
It may have something to do with them being #lolnorf and therefore irrelevant. No one ever moaned about us playing at the G when we were *smile*.

Reactions: 2 users