Game Day - Tigers v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Saints

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I can see tomorrows headline already........... Saints lose Battle after a King hit from Stack leaves them Short.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Very important game in the structure of a 17 game season when are 1-1-1.

Reactions: 5 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I am quite concerned about this game.

if we play like we have for the last 2 weeks we could lose, in fact we probably will.

looking for a major improvement

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Im nervous.
We are 3 goal+ worse side at the dunghole....
Need to watch Gresham and Cunningham..

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I am quite concerned about this game.

if we play like we have for the last 2 weeks we could lose, in fact we probably will.

looking for a major improvement

Yeah, more worried about this game than the 2 previous. If we lose today it's going to be the longest shortest season ever.

Reactions: 4 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
gut feeling says a win for us today ... by 11 points ...

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
It could be ugly but I am hoping we take inspiration from GWS being able to turn it around.

I think our pressure will be on from the start so hoping we end up 25 pts the better

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I dont think today is season defining.

if we are 4:4:1 after round 9,

then round 10 will be season defining.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We will know in the first 5 minutes if we a switched on tackling,intent,hardness and skills.Have to start way better then last 2 weeks number one thing.

Biggest concern for me is ruck Nank up against Marshall and then Ryder to back him up for me we a short in that area.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Big game this one. A win and we will be no worse than 6th at the end of the round. Playing half decent we should win this in a canter. Problem is we haven't yet played a half decent game. I feel a good start is important to get our confidence going after 2 shocking starts.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I thought the Saints, after their off season recruitment of Hill, Jones, Butler, Ryder would start the season well but by mid season or so they’d drop off. After their good game v Bulldogs they then looked crap last week so I don’t know whether they’ve already peaked . Let’s hope so....

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Biggest concern for me is ruck Nank up against Marshall and then Ryder to back him up for me we a short in that area.

Nank is the least of my concerns.

If hes prepared to squash Dusty, then imagine what hes ready to do to stkilda?

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Return of the mongrel. Ross, Baker, Astbury, McIntosh, Nank and Viking to show the Saints who is boss. 24 point victory.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
I watched a half of the scratch match against the saints this morning. Left a bit into the 3rd term and we were up 77 - 13.

As mentioned above, Balta didn't play, nor did Dow, Martyn, Biggy and Cumberland.

Not too much to report as it was a training drill for our boys, they did as they pleased.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Note Balta and Daw didn’t play this morning. But two emergencies is a little unusual, particularly given the obstacles to match practice that already exist.
Looks like at least one replacement is on the cards. Prestia?

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Note Balta and Daw didn’t play this morning. But two emergencies is a little unusual, particularly given the obstacles to match practice that already exist.
Looks like at least one replacement is on the cards. Prestia?
Dow isn't named as an emergency so must have missed this morning for another reason.