Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

So he shouldn’t micromanage which he isn’t but any indiscretion from one of his staff members is his fault?

You give responsibility to your staff to execute what the team/business wants.

Individuals need to take ownership for what their role entails.

You don’t just chop off the head of the snake and expect everything to be alright.

Your view is very simplistic and unrealistic.
The ‘ head of the snake’ chooses who is in the team (over time) and also creates the environment and feedback mechanisms where people perform or don’t (over time)

You don’t improve people’s performance with micromanagement. You do it in other ways.

Your view is the simplistic one. (IMO 😝)

I’m sure you can think of examples in your own life where a change of leader massively changes the outcomes.

The ‘ head of the snake’ chooses who is in the team (over time) and also creates the environment and feedback mechanisms where people perform or don’t (over time)

You don’t improve people’s performance with micromanagement. You do it in other ways.

Your view is the simplistic one. (IMO 😝)
I am not sure why you keep on mentioning micro management?

I am not sure why you keep on mentioning micro management?
Because you said Luke had no control of the decisions his team made because he wasn’t in their geographical proximity when they made them.

The only tactical solution for that is that every decision gets escalated to the boss (micromanagement). But I can drop it.

My contention is you can strongly influence what decisions people make when you aren’t there if you are a great boss. And this is exactly what great bosses do.

Reactions: 1 user
Were a powerful club with plenty of money get some who knows what there doing at seasons end if were not looking to replace the current people then we're not serious as a football club

Reactions: 1 users
Gez it gets worse and worse. Who made the decision to send him on. Is the vfl and seniors conditioning and fitness doctors all related or different ?. Even if it's not pathetic.

Not good enough Tigers.

Why take a risk on such a young fella when hes already complained about his knee being injured? What the actual *smile*.

This feels like the dumb decision that accelerated Foley's career ending.

I will say it again Tim Livingstone is head of football he ultimately is responsible he needs to be accountable to not just the staff.

Reactions: 4 users
My personal view is that I don’t have one, primarily because I haven’t got a clue.
We have a lot of injuries but they are a variety. Soft tissue, contact injuries, stress fractures.
In the end we have to trust the management of the football club that they will be looking into the cause and what needs to change. That may be personnel related, it could be in the way we train, the type of training loads we put on young players and perhaps praying :LOL:.
Whilst in the end it may be cause and effect, just making the judgement that we have a lot of injuries so the head of strength and conditioning is no good is imo a judgement made with too little actual knowledge.
Some of it is bad luck for sure.
I'm ambivalent too but there's no way he can survive. Carnage is too great. Bad luck or otherwise we need to get an Innes calibre head in there. Meehan was a third drop internal promotion.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes Meehan overlooks the entire conditioning program but he isn’t on his own.

What happened with Clarke yesterday was not something Meehan could control. It would be up to others who work in that area.

Does the team doctor or Physio makes those decisions. If so who do they report to?

Meehan and his team need to start earning their pay with sorting out our increasing injury list with three more on the list this week, Tarranto, Short
and Clarke.

Check his family lineage. Can someone get on Ancestry.com. Meehan may be related to that prick sHocking.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users