Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

TheUmpire

Tiger Rookie
Sep 30, 2003
The sheer number of injuries is troublesome, but I question our strength and conditioning.

We look weak and lacking in running power.

In the last two games, after quarter time we have been very static across the ground.

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
The sheer number of injuries is troublesome, but I question our strength and conditioning.

We look weak and lacking in running power.

In the last two games, after quarter time we have been very static across the ground.
I think also our draw has started to take its toll :mad:

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Serious question, but what happens if we don't have enough senior listed players to field a team?
Same as Wet Coke had to do a couple of years back. Pick a couple of random strangers that look like they might be able to kick a footy. Think they had to hand out one off first n only game jumpers to four players at one stage.

strachanie19

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 22, 2009
1713230419426.png
Here's the origins of our 2024 pre season strategy...camels, saunas and 3 wise conditioning men

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Hate to point out the obvious but football is mostly a winter sport, this heat training and our injuries are either a massive coincidence or is contributing to our injury woes

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We need to stop all NON football shiit the club spends money on.
How can we have such a shiit Medical/fitness people??
This is 1992 all over again

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
We need to stop all NON football shiit the club spends money on.
How can we have such a shiit Medical/fitness people??
This is 1992 all over again
AFL soft cap on football department spending.

Clubs get ~$7.275m to spend on the football department expenditure which excludes TPP. Clubs that exceed the cap have to pay the AFL the lesser of $1m or 37.5% of excess. Repeat offenders have to pay the lesser of 75% of excess or $2m

I hope this goes some way to clearing up the misconception that we can just throw money at our problems to make them go away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
AFL soft cap on football department spending.

Clubs get ~$7.275m to spend on the football department expenditure which excludes TPP. Clubs that exceed the cap have to pay the AFL the lesser of $1m or 37.5% of excess. Repeat offenders have to pay the lesser of 75% of excess or $2m

I hope this goes some way to clearing up the misconception that we can just throw money at our problems to make them go away.
Money solves everything.
Who's eating up our TPP???
We should have 7.1 million available.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Money solves everything.
Who's eating up our TPP???
We should have 7.1 million available.
Umm, our TPP is the money the players get paid Ziggy. The 7.25 mill is for the head coach, all his assistant coaches, the medicos, the fitness n conditioning, the mental well being n dietitians, the stats n data, the water n towel assistants, maybe even recruiting?

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Umm, our TPP is the money the players get paid Ziggy. The 7.25 mill is for the head coach, all his assistant coaches, the medicos, the fitness n conditioning, the mental well being n dietitians, the stats n data, the water n towel assistants, maybe even recruiting?

Yep recruiting, football operations, Blair and Livo's salary etc.

Football dept cap needs to be massively increased.

The laughable salary assistant coaches get compared to hours worked is a major reason many good football people have left the industry.

Reactions: 12 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yep recruiting, football operations, Blair and Livo's salary etc.

Football dept cap needs to be massively increased.

The laughable salary assistant coaches get compared to hours worked is a major reason many good football people have left the industry.
Infuriating when you consider what these numbnuts boys club execs are on. Good people leave, arseholes get a job in head office.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I wonder if the Chief has got his head out of the hood yet and is considering a presser.

As posted in the Membership tally thread this will be first time in 7 years we do not hit 100,000 Members(90,394).
Injuries and win/loss has seen to that.
This needs to be addressed publicly to at least be seen as appeasing us ferals as to this injury crisis.

We are down to 28 viable players to pick from.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I wonder if the Chief has got his head out of the hood yet and is considering a presser.

As posted in the Membership tally thread this will be first time in 7 years we do not hit 100,000 Members(90,394).
Injuries and win/loss has seen to that.
This needs to be addressed publicly to at least be seen as appeasing us ferals as to this injury crisis.

We are down to 28 viable players to pick from.

Opening draw also a massive factor

Thursday night.

Late Sunday afternoon.

Late Sunday afternoon.

Wed night.

… not super kid friendly is it? Basically families excluded from the first two months.

Sunday 1pm round 8 is first vaguely family friendly time slot (in Melbourne)

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We have herd little from head of football Livingstone and the Chief.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Chief will probably do a Dimma on us and leave us in a nice hole while he gets his shiny new Tasmanian toys to play with

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

our medical team is headed by this guy