Lumps in the mashed avocado games R4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lumps in the mashed avocado games R4

I'd agree with you IF so many previously innocuous and clearly accidental bumps into an umpire hadn't been heavily fined as a strong deterrent.

Such as? That goal umpire gets cleaned up three times in the video above, don't think any of them were fined.

I remember Dayne Rampe running into one at the SCG as well, don't remember a fine.

An appeal to the majority is a fallacy. Its the old lurkers support me in email excuse.

I don't claim to be even close to the majority, just that there are a few others who like to see nonsense called out for what it is.

They don't like to jump in the firing line, whereas I have such a sense of superiority that I can handle it.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I don't claim to be even close to the majority, just that there are a few others who like to see nonsense called out for what it is.

They don't like to jump in the firing line, whereas I have such a sense of superiority that I can handle it.

Its not even about having different opinions its the way you express them. This post is a case in point.

The goal umpire would've seen Dusty arriving in the path of kicking a goal, whereas Superman Cameron had blinkers on and used no awareness while unnecessarily over-celebrating AFTER kicking a goal.

Reportable Offences, section 22.2 of the rules of Australian Football:

(i) unreasonable or unnecessary contact with an Umpire;
(j) carelessly making contact with an Umpire;

So, why is Cameron not reported?

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Reportable Offences, section 22.2 of the rules of Australian Football:

So, why is Cameron not reported?

DS
This is spot on. It was careless. (definition - not giving sufficient attention or thought to avoiding harm or errors.). And could have resulted in a serious injury to the umpire. Yet everyone has a laugh because Jezza is a top bloke, he's a bit goofy and funny and doesn't know what the hell he is doing out there so we can have a giggle about it.

I prefer common sense to always prevail (and IMO it would be dumb for him to be suspended) however I have no trust in the AFL to implement common sense because they pick and chose when it's appropriate. Why do they bother writing that in the rules if they selectively ignore it - without explanation as far as I can see? Have they released a statement about the contact and why he wasn't reported?

Reactions: 2 users