Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I'm ok if Tom Lynch misses three.

We have a few in the ones who've missed a lot of football.

We're vulnerable.

It's not that Burge can't rush one back and get away with it. Easily. But Prestia. Rushed back? Cotchin. Grimes. Astbury. Back from injury. Add Lynch to that. Then Bachar and Titch. Missing many. Shai injured recently.

If Lynch misses three with a hamstring that would seen entirely orthodox to me. He's got a fitness base so he can bounce.

I don't buy that.Prestia not being rushed back at all.Grimes missed 2 games only, Astbury looked like didn't miss a beat, Edwards was bog last game.Cotch been in the team for 1 month and Houli to.

You play your best players simple as that if there fit not worrying about tommorow. If Lynch is fit he plays simple as that.

Reactions: 2 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Dion looks ready and is running freely but all depends how he went under match practice this weekend or whatever they call it these days, a Scrimmage, so American

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I think we are timing our run really well - not quite as perfectly as last year - from memory we had our injured stars play a few more H&A games before finals.

Prestia only risk is re touch / form but I still think he will offer more at 75% in the first final that Ross at 100% as we play on quality not quantity. Prestia will only then get better.

All the others you have mentioned Dyer’ere, I am not that worried - Cotch, Houli being playing OK, Edwards looked sharp and Astbury looked clean on their return games. Bolton and Lynch haven’t missed that much so they should be fine.

With team selections / balance, there are only two areas where I see us being vulnerable - firstly is working out how to best cover for Soldo - that will keep the coaches awake at night and I think the rest of the team almost picks itself.

The second area is how to tell the unlucky players they miss out - there are 3 or 4 players in this boat whereas previously it’s only been 1 or 2 players such is our depth.

Recent history for the tigers is that they don’t make many changes during the final series so if you ain‘t in that team come next weekend - the chances are you have missed out and are in that boat.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Harris Andrews is expected to play & he's coming back from a worse hammy than Lynch. Tom has to play.
I think this mind games from brisbane... wont play
Trying to push lynch in underdone.
Dimma will be more than happy to have caddy and a runner in over a suspect lynch.
I would like to make sure we run well with neale and lyons
If we beat brisbane we will win the whole thing
QF will be hardest game we play!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We underrate Brisbane at our peril Zips
We need to be close to our best and if we are we will win but we still need to do it.
Listening to Balme on the Talking Tigers podcast I think it is very possible that Dion won’t play

We will bring him back in a game that counts.
This is Geelong vs Richmond 1995
This Essendon vs Richmond 2001.

A Finals Bye

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What are people going on about?
Lynch will play even if his leg is about to drop off.
He will take the number 1 defender while Dusty and Castagnfield go crazy.
People forget Castgna loves the little cubs.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Pretty sure Prestia has been declared fit
Looks fit to go and bursting to play. Will really feel for Jack Ross who is very likely to miss; his form has improved game by game lately.

However, I doubt Caddy's legs can be trusted to hold up through a tough final. Big question is ruck support for Nank. Think Lynch will good to go too.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Sam Edmund reporting Lynch is "highly, highly unlikely to play this week"

What is he basing this on: They have a spotter who is watching training today and Tom is only doing kick to kick with Caddy and Rioli.

Does he not realize that Tom did high intensity running over the weekend and our main session is Wednesday

I say it's management and Tom will still play

Reactions: 9 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

What is he basing this on: They have a spotter who is watching training today and Tom is only doing kick to kick with Caddy and Rioli.

Does he not realize that Tom did high intensity running over the weekend and our main session is Wednesday

Hardwick will play him.
Its a game so Brisbane don't name Andrews.
Pity Lynch loves playing on Andrew's

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

surprised it wasn't highly, highly, highly unlikely.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Tom Brown is a Muppet media King, jack commented on Saturday that Tom has done everything thing right and ran at full speed ...
Idiot brown reported Today Monday that Tom didn't't do to much and thinks he is touch and go ?.
Hey Media King , perhaps it was planned that Tom wasn't't to run hard today ???.

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Tom Brown is a Muppet media King, jack commented on Saturday that Tom has done everything thing right and ran at full speed ...
Idiot brown reported Today Monday that Tom didn't't do to much and thinks he is touch and go ?.
Hey Media King , perhaps it was planned that Tom wasn't't to run hard today ???.
Tom Brown is NOT a Muppet! He's a clown.

I used to like The Muppets. My favorite was Gonzo, but Beaker was cool too. Might be some clues there regarding personality or SOH?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users